Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS APRIL GAMES THREAD
Bell not sticking with his starter and India's poor decision making ****** them hard in the 5th. Just get the easy 2nd out at 1st instead of trying to be cute. Went from 2-1 lead to 6-2 deficit. Senzel looking like a drunk coming out of a bar trying to field a single turned it into a three run single.

If they don't hit, they will lose because this might be the weakest defending Reds team I've ever seen.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Perez needs to throw his breaking ball pitches for strikes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 11:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bell not sticking with his starter and India's poor decision making ****** them hard in the 5th. Just get the easy 2nd out at 1st instead of trying to be cute. Went from 2-1 lead to 6-2 deficit. Senzel looking like a drunk coming out of a bar trying to field a single turned it into a three run single.

If they don't hit, they will lose because this might be the weakest defending Reds team I've ever seen.

Hoffman was doing fine, no idea why Bell pulled him. Two on, off really weak hit balls and you turn to a younger reliever who has had issues with throwing strikes.... not sure what that was...

(04-11-2021, 10:47 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Perez needs to throw his breaking ball pitches for strikes.

That is the knock on him. He just can't get that breaking ball in the zone. Could see hitters just sitting there waiting for the fastball and laying off anything low since they knew the breaking ball was going to end up in the dirt.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Reds trying to avoid first series loss today. A win today would be great. Starting with 3 series wins and 7-2 record. GO REDS, win the series today.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well, that was awful to sit through. Maybe this will make it easier to stomach.

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
well we know they are gonna lose at least 50 so its good to get a few out of the way early lol

(or at least thats what my former boss used to say everyone wins 50 and loses 50 its the other 60 some games that make the difference lol)
Reply/Quote
Man this bullpen still has issues.

Really miss Archie Bradley at this point.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 12:39 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Man this bullpen still has issues.

Really miss Archie Bradley at this point.

Except he's on the IL with a strained oblique. That could be 7 days or the year. You can never predict that injury for a pitcher.

This team is going to have three roster decisions coming soon.

When Gray and Lorenzen come back, Hoffman and DeLeon go to the bullpen, who goes? I'm thining Bedrosian and Doolittle but Fulmer may go instead of Doolittle. If Perez still has options, he may go to AAA. His arm is too good to give up on but if he can't throw strikes, he's not worth anything.

Then there's Akiyama, Unless another injury pops up, it's either him or Aquino next month.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 01:12 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Except he's on the IL with a strained oblique. That could be 7 days or the year. You can never predict that injury for a pitcher.

When Gray and Lorenzen come back, Hoffman and DeLeon go to the bullpen, who goes? I'm thining Bedrosian and Doolittle but Fulmer may go instead of Doolittle. If Perez still has options, he may go to AAA. His arm is too good to give up on but if he can't throw strikes, he's not worth anything.

Then there's Akiyama, Unless another injury pops up, it's either him or Aquino next month.

Have the said Lorenzen is going to the rotation? Personally, with the way Hoffman has been going I'd give him another start. DeLeon could certainly be the long man out of the pen though. Then you'd have Lorenzen out there to help get it to Amir.

Bedrosian has to be gone. He is just painful to watch.

Not sure if Perez has options or not, but I don't think you can send him out there anymore unless it is absolutely a mop-up situation. He is just too erratic. 

I'd also like to know why Antone isn't in the rotation?? He certainly has earned it.

Reply/Quote
THE BAD NEWS : Reds got beat on West Coast Trip. Even 75 Reds had trouble on West Coast. Reds drop 2 series at Arizona and San Francisco.

THE GOOD NEWS : They get those road trips off the schedule. Also they didn't get Swept

Fly Home, Play Cleveland Indians this weekend.

The FUTURE : Reds play at LA Dodgers this month, another lost series probably, and whenever they play at San Diego or Colorado. When Horace Greeley said, " Go West Young Man ". he did not mean The Reds. The Reds historically stink going West. However we often beat same teams when they come East to Cincy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 01:12 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Except he's on the IL with a strained oblique. That could be 7 days or the year. You can never predict that injury for a pitcher.

Well Lorenzen got transferred to the 60 day IL and Sonny Gray will pitch either Friday or Saturday. 

Reds Claim Phillip Diehl, Put Michael Lorenzen On 60-Day Injured List - MLB Trade Rumors

NL Central Notes: Sonny, Hendricks, Kim, Cain - MLB Trade Rumors
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:24 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Well Lorenzen got transferred to the 60 day IL and Sonny Gray will pitch either Friday or Saturday. 

Reds Claim Phillip Diehl, Put Michael Lorenzen On 60-Day Injured List - MLB Trade Rumors

NL Central Notes: Sonny, Hendricks, Kim, Cain - MLB Trade Rumors

I was about to be like who is Diehl and does he have potential....

then saw his stats 

2019 ERA of 7.36
2020 ERA of 10.50

Yikes.

Of course he is a local kid, graduated from Moeller and had some minor league success so guess it was a no harm kind of addition.

Reply/Quote
Big win at home while the Cubs and Cardinals lose with the Pirates are leading the Brewers 6-1 in the 8th. Open up a lead in the Central with Sonny Gray going tomorrow. Votto and Suarez are now both batting over .200 for the season after slow starts.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Votto leads the way on a sweet triple play. Now if only the bats can wake up and they stop running themselves out of innings.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
What an incredible win! This team is so fun to watch!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Exciting comeback. Overcome your mistakes, make the other team pay for theirs. That's how you get those Ws.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 07:42 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Votto leads the way on a sweet triple play. Now if only the bats can wake up and they stop running themselves out of innings.

I was cursing Votto for running like an old man toward the plate, then a few minutes later he makes a triple play.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 08:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: What an incredible win! This team is so fun to watch!!!

Reminds me of some of the games I watched back in the 1970's.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 09:18 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I was cursing Votto for running like an old man toward the plate, then a few minutes later he makes a triple play.

I really don't want Votto traded even if he hits .001 for the season..That triple play was worth retiring his number then and there..lol
Folks forget he was THE MAN around 2010 and even after then.. This team should have been much better when he was in his prime..
Come from behind wins like this one can really build momentum for a good team..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 09:18 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I was cursing Votto for running like an old man toward the plate, then a few minutes later he makes a triple play.

In the immortal words of my old man,"Wait'll you get to be my age." Lol
You'll be old someday and marvel at 38-40 year old ball players..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote