Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS JULY GAMES THREAD
Reds give up 7 home runs good god.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Curious which is worse, the Reds bullpen or the Bengals OL. Going to be the reason both teams have failed seasons.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Reds scored a touchdown but missed extra point, kicked a field goal and got a safety on Mets for 11 points, but Mets scored 2 touchdowns and a 2 point extra point conversion try for 15 points. Mets win 15 to 11. The 2 point conversion was huge because Reds late in the game had to go for a touchdown, a field goal would have not helped. So Mets were able to to play an end zone prevent defense in last seconds to keep Reds out of end zone. As usual, that missed extra point early in the game came back to haunt the Reds. Had they not missed that extra point kick, a late game field goal would have tied it and sent the game into overtime.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 12:59 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Curious which is worse, the Reds bullpen or the Bengals OL. Going to be the reason both teams have failed seasons.

Season is likely over even if they go get relievers.  They flat out waited too long.

And you know Castellanos will opt out after this season...

It was fun until the all star break.  

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 12:33 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Season is likely over even if they go get relievers.  They flat out waited too long.

Gotta imagine he is going to get one hell of a payday unless he total crashes in the 2nd half.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well good news is the Brewers just lost.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Aquino with a bomb and a great catch.

Reply/Quote
Turning it over to the BP after a great night from Miley…

[Image: 7Lwo28.gif]

Reply/Quote
Here we go again…

Reply/Quote
Seems we're adding stupid baserunning mistakes to the list.
Reply/Quote
REDS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Well the Reds have won one game since ASG. They're now 7 games behind the Brewers in the loss column.

They have to win 5 of the 7 against the Cubs and Cards over next week. If they don't you'll be within a few games of pulling the plug on this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 05:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well the Reds have won one game since ASG. They're now 7 games behind the Brewers in the loss column.

They have to win 5 of the 7 against the Cubs and Cards over next week. If they don't you'll be within a few games of pulling the plug on this season.

Well Brewers are about to lose again too.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 12:33 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Season is likely over even if they go get relievers.  They flat out waited too long.

Yep. Yep. Yep and yep.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I went to this game. Parked at the stadium garage for 20 bucks. You come out at the HOF and gift shop. Bought a Morgan tee for 40 bucks. Seat was 40 bucks on the lower level just behind the tarp. For that 100 dollars got to see the Reds get 1 hit. Hoffman was horrendous. Nibbled and behind almost every batter. Mets fan in front of me correctly predicted the grand slam. Reds allow small soft coolers. First time I ever brought one in there and I would suggest it. The highlight of the day was the ballpark itself. Been there multiple times and it remains a quality venue. First time there since COVID.
Reply/Quote
I'm going Friday for the first time since 2012 when my then five-year old son, who's now 14, heckled the Pirates' left fielder.
Reply/Quote
It's a shame (like J. Bench said) the Reds decided not to invest in a SS. Furthermore not any relief pitching help. This might have been a competitive season ?
Reply/Quote
The lowest qualifying average by a player for a baseball season was the Orioles Chris Davis at .168 in 2018. Suarez is now at .172.
Reply/Quote
Much needed win!!!
Reply/Quote
My throat hurts, but that's a great win!! I'm sure Hembree could hear my son cheering him on in the 9th.
Reply/Quote