Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS JULY GAMES THREAD
(07-22-2021, 09:01 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's a shame (like J. Bench said) the Reds decided not to invest in a SS. Furthermore not any relief pitching help. This might have been a competitive season ?

Yeah, and it's not like the two positions weren't blatantly obvious needs. Makes it so much worse because the division was clearly winnable coming into the year. That's kind of Bob C's calling card with the Reds, though. Half measures.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Feels good owning the Cardinals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Welp so much for the sweep. Gray rocked to the tune of 8 runs.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
The Reds need to get hot right now. They're 6 down in the loss column and they can't slip any further behind. Unfortunately the Brewers have the Pirates right now so the Brewers sweeping them wouldn't surprise me.

I doubt the Reds cam slip into a wildcard so we need the Brewers to go ice cold and quick.
Reply/Quote
Combo of both the pen and offense blowing this one. Maybe more the offense. Can't load the bases with no out and not score. Can't do it. Baez should get suspended for the crap he just did. Yelled at AG going up to the plate, continued yelling at AG as he was slowly running up the line after the hit, and worst of all slamming the bat down at AG's feet. I'm truely amazed AG didn't go after him.
Reply/Quote
As of now Baez is in the starting lineup for the Cubs. Could be an interesting night after the crap he pulled especially if AG comes in to face him.

EDIT: Baez no longer in the starting lineup. Haven't seen anything yet about a possible suspension.

EDIT: Baez back in lineup.
Reply/Quote
Breaking: Nick Castellanos to serve a 10 game suspension when he comes off the IL for inciting Baez to act like a twat.

Reply/Quote
I never thought Votto would look this good again.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 09:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I never thought Votto would look this good again.

Me either, he's tearing it up.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 09:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I never thought Votto would look this good again.

https://vine.co/v/euBvUTrAnzT

Cool

Reply/Quote
Please let this be Suarez' wake up party.

Hard to believe that he has 54 RBI(Votto 53 RBI with a few weeks missed)

Nice to see Farmer get his average up to .245.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 10:53 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Please let this be Suarez' wake up party.

Yes please

2 or 3 games ago I heard them say something like - up to this point in the season, Suarez has the next to the lowest batting average ever in the history of MLB among everyday players.

His 123 strikeouts, there's only 3 players with more than him, 54 RBI's and 19 HR's is just really weird.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 10:53 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Please let this be Suarez' wake up party.

(Coming into today's game.)

Suarez has had 182 PA with runners on base
Votto has had only 139

Suarez is hitting .148 with runners on base
Votto is hitting .281

It's just a product of more opportunity, not quality performance. It's why RBI isn't a good stat to gauge individual success.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: (Coming into today's game.)

Suarez has had 182 PA with runners on base
Votto has had only 139

Suarez is hitting .148 with runners on base
Votto is hitting .281

It's just a product of more opportunity, not quality performance. It's why RBI isn't a good stat to gauge individual success.

It just kinda defies logic that a player can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle, batting .172 or whatever ? strikes out constantly, and has 54 RBI's in late July.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 01:17 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Combo of both the pen and offense blowing this one. Maybe more the offense. Can't load the bases with no out and not score. Can't do it. Baez should get suspended for the crap he just did. Yelled at AG going up to the plate, continued yelling at AG as he was slowly running up the line after the hit, and worst of all slamming the bat down at AG's feet. I'm truely amazed AG didn't go after him.

A Red needed to charge out of the dugout. Then Baez would have been suspended.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Cessa with a perfect inning in his Reds debut.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A Red needed to charge out of the dugout. Then Baez would have been suspended.

Repped.

Mahle with 6 strong innings when he wasn't at his best. He had a few nice defensive plays help him out. Hopefully Cessa shows he's worthy of the addition to their squad. Nice 1,2,3 inning to get his Reds career started.

I saw that the Tigers beat the Twins 17-14. I love looking at the box scores of games like these. The only starter to not get a hit was #9 hitter Andrelton Simmons, 0-4. The Tigers gave up 14 runs on 7 home runs, including 4 bombs in the 8th inning to pull the Twins within a run at 13-12, and the Twins gave up 17 runs and no home runs.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-twins/2021/07/28/633138#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=633138
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A Red needed to charge out of the dugout. Then Baez would have been suspended.

Problem is with how MLB seems to be toward Reds players this year that player would get the suspension and not Baez.

Votto with another 2 homer night and 7 in the last 5 games. Only the 3rd Red to ever do that. He is seriously locked in right now!
Reply/Quote
Pretty good company.

Reply/Quote