Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS JUNE GAME THREAD
It got a little ugly but Reds pull off sweep, I'll take it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
SWEEP. I think announcers said Reds haven't had a 4 game sweep of Cardinals in St Louis in many decades.

How about 3 Home Runs by Winker. Winker one of the leaders in Homers in baseball.

Castellanos hit streak ends at 21 games, but Castellanos is still batting over .350 and that is with a high Slugging percentage. If he doesn't start All-Star Game, there shouldn't be an All-Star Game.

Reds pulled off a sweep over a team that more than often has beaten them over the decades. It's a historic Sweep.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Some Reds I have on some Fantasy Teams, and I'm sorry to say no Castellanos. I have Gray and hoping on a lot of fantasy teams. I don't have him starting, he has to earn that and it could be soon. I was lucky to add Winker to a team. Mahle was a good add to some teams. An add on I made to some teams in CBS Fantasy is India, because they have him as 2nd or 3rd, and I needed 3rd base boost. India is the best 3rd base add on in CBS Fantasy over last week, over last 2 weeks, over last month. Of course for Reds he is at 2nd. ESPN has him 2nd and 3rd you can start him at also.

So it's easy to see Castellanos and Winker dominating. Some may have Mahle or Miley doing well, and some may have Gray or Castillo hoping they become great the last 4 months. How many see India has been great every week of the last 4 weeks ? Was his goal rookie of the year. That is still possible. Then there is Stephenson flat out hitting, but who will lose 1st base to Votto back. With Barnhart at Catcher, I hate to see Stephenson returning to less at bats. I made Stephenson my last draft pick on all my teams in March, but I had to drop him because Reds can't get him in the line-up. Reds announcers said yesterday, " Nobody could see Stephenson was going to hit like this ". I saw it and Reds saw it because he was a #1 Draft Pick by The Reds. At some point Reds are going to have to play Stephenson every day. He is too good to ride the bench. A waste of a #1 Draft Pick. He could always hit, and his defense as a catcher is improving. Still, Stephenson remains a Free Agent in most Fantasy because nobody knows what the heck the Reds are going to do with him, including The Reds. INDIA is now the Red getting grabbed off Fantasy Free Agent Lists, because over the last month he has put up great numbers each week, and most Fantasy teams are looking high and low for 2nd base or 3rd base help, and you can put him at either position or DH Utility. I should add Suarez on teams is getting hot. It's Votto who is either a Free Agent or on a teams IL List to decide dropping a player to take Votto off IL, or just drop Votto. Reds do not have the option of just dropping Votto in real baseball. Stephenson will see less at bats, I'm sorry to say, and someone will be sent to the minors. CBS and ESPN listing INDIA as both 2nd and 3rd make him A MUST ADD. If Reds ever decide #1 pick Stephenson plays every day, he will be a MUST ADD. I see Stephenson as the All-Star Catcher for years to come, but Reds are dragging their feet on their #1 Draft Pick.

At Catcher Reds have Stephenson and Barnhardt. People who could play 1st are Votto, Stephenson, Moose, Suarez. Reds can't play both Suarez and Moose at 3rd. The July Trade Deadline approaches. Reds have players in the play me or trade me position. Yet Reds need help at other positions. It would be great to dump Votto contract on a team. Votto, Moose, Barnhart would make great trade bait. They won't trade all of them, but trading some of them sets up young stars India and Stephenson to continue to start. Plus in a trade, Reds could add pitching or a true shortstop. Vottos contract makes him hard to trade, but not impossible. I like Suarez, India and Stephenson better than Moose, if Barnhart is locked in as Reds catcher. Reds should be active at The Trades in July. Not because they are losing, but because they are winning with younger players making old school players on IL look like trade bait.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Really have to wonder if the Reds trade Castilano before the trade deadline if they fall out of contention. If they do they need bullpen arms big time. But on the other hand if they manage to hang on and make the playoffs it's another story. 
I don't know why bother trading if they fall out other than maybe setting up for next year, but man..they've let the bullpen go to hell..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
11 MLB teams have a positive run differential which means that 19 MLB teams have a negative run differential.

+85 Chi Sox 1st place in division
+83 LAD 3rd
+75 TB 1st
+75 SD 2nd
+70 SF 1st
+69 Hou 2nd
+54 Bos 2nd
+36 Tor 3rd
+25 Chi Cubs 2nd
+11 NYM 1st
+6 Oak 1st

The first place Mets have scored the least amount of runs in all of MLB, the only club to not score 200 yet with only 192 runs . . . they're also the only team that hasn't given up 200 runs with 182. The Reds have played 5 more games than the Mets but have given up 304 runs, 123 more than the Mets.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Votto back in the starting lineup!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Reds win the world series this year it'll be a really sad year for baseball when half the players around the league will have committed suicide..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 07:25 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 11 MLB teams have a positive run differential which means that 19 MLB teams have a negative run differential.

+85 Chi Sox 1st place in division
+83 LAD 3rd
+75 TB 1st
+75 SD 2nd
+70 SF 1st
+69 Hou 2nd
+54 Bos 2nd
+36 Tor 3rd
+25 Chi Cubs 2nd
+11 NYM 1st
+6 Oak 1st

The first place Mets have scored the least amount of runs in all of MLB, the only club to not score 200 yet with only 192 runs . . . they're also the only team that hasn't given up 200 runs with 182. The Reds have played 5 more games than the Mets but have given up 304 runs, 123 more than the Mets.

Crazy

Our pitching has the 2nd worst ERA in baseball - 4.95 They're now sitting at 309 runs allowed, 4th worst in MLB. They're the next to worst in walking batters - 251 so far.

Surprisingly they're middle of the pack in opposing team BA and close to the middle in HR allowed with the disadvantage of GABP.

Castillo has padded their (bad stats) a lot. 51 runs scored due to his pitching most in MLB. .304 BA against him, highest in MLB. 6.63 ERA

It's all the walks that's killing them. 
Reply/Quote
Gutierrez seems like he may be a good one.
Reply/Quote
He's definitely been impressive so far.
Reply/Quote
Reds Lose Brewers Series. Castillo pitched well today, but bullpen came in and blew the game and the series.

Reds also lost Gray to IL in this series.

Another Lousy Home Series. If you live in Cincinnati, by all means, go to the game. If you live in Urbana and such, you may not want to go that far to see this team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well crap. Reds best reliever TJ Antone is now on the 10 day IL with elbow inflammation.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/06/injury-notes-antone-rosenthal-sanchez-owings.html
Reply/Quote
Votto with a 3 run homer to put Reds up 7-0 in the 4th!
Reply/Quote
Bell ejected for the second time this year after the 4th inning. Dispute if Winker foul tipped or whiffed for strike 3 and also likely the late timeouts the home plate ump has been granting Rockies hitters when Miley starts his pitch.
Reply/Quote
Reds win again and are back to .500.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 08:24 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds win again and are back to .500.

They really need a win tomorrow as well. Schedule coming up is pretty brutal, Padres twice Braves, Brewers.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 06:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Well crap. Reds best reliever TJ Antone is now on the 10 day IL with elbow inflammation.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/06/injury-notes-antone-rosenthal-sanchez-owings.html

They need to find a way to acquire receivers quick.  I don't know how it happens, but it has to get done.  At least 2, maybe 3.  This offense and team chemistry are too good to waste on a bullpen this bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 11:12 PM)samhain Wrote: They need to find a way to acquire receivers quick.  I don't know how it happens, but it has to get done.  At least 2, maybe 3.  This offense and team chemistry are too good to waste on a bullpen this bad.

Chad would probably be down. He’s tried soccer and boxing, I’m sure he’d give baseball a go. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
Reds sweep and are now over .500!!!
Reply/Quote
And at the end of the day they'll either be alone in 3rd or tied for third with the Brewers coming up. Somehow, they are going to miss Burnes and Woodruff again for the third series this season. got to take advantage of that break.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote