REDS JUNE GAME THREAD
[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This frickin' bullpen... sigh
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 05:14 PM)Earendil Wrote: This frickin' bullpen... sigh

This team doesn't have a prayer without some bullpen help, yesterday !
Reply/Quote
Even the wins are adventures.
Sims was reliable and now he seems shaky, might be from being over-used.
They just need to make a move soon and get some reliable arms out there.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
So Reds split with Twins.

Now a much needed Day Off

Braves come to Cincinnati for 4 game series and Reds Pitchers better be ready because The Braves have many good Hitters. So Reds relievers better enjoy Wednesday Off Day, because a hard series of work coming.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Get rid of a couple of the scrub relievers we have now and call up Hunter Greens and Nick Lodolo.
Reply/Quote
Castillo killing it in June.  (1.71 ERA, 0.98 WHIP)
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 08:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Castillo killing it in June.  (3-2, 1.71 ERA, 0.98 WHIP)

Yup

I don't know if he's been drinking the green kool-aid or what ? But I hope he keeps it up, we need him.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 01:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Get rid of a couple of the scrub relievers we have now and call up Hunter Greens and Nick Lodolo.

That's a dangerous move with the future of your rotation. Let those guys stay in AAA and AA and focus on being starting pitchers. 

To get a bullpen arm isn't that tough with the amount of guys around you could move. Could trade Shogo or Aquino or Naquin for an arm and be in good shape still in the OF.

Have several middle INF prospects at AAA and AA that you could move to get an arm as well since you can't play them all.

Two new guys that you can count on at the end of the pen would go a long way to shoring things up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Glad the offense showed up today. Sarcasm
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
5 games from the halfway point and they are 6 back from the Brewers and 7 back from the Padres for the last wild card spot.

They need to get some wins and hope that Chicago kicks the crap out of Milwaukee.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Castellanos better be in the MVP consideration.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 09:32 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 5 games from the halfway point and they are 6 back from the Brewers and 7 back from the Padres for the last wild card spot.

They need to get some wins and hope that Chicago kicks the crap out of Milwaukee.

I doubt they make the postseason, but they are good enough to be competitive and keep me interested.
Reply/Quote
I like the new kid Lopez, all 5' 10" with his 6 hrs over his entire minor league career. He's a table setter and can get on base consistently. Reds haven't had that kind of hitter for quite a long time and he doesn't make a lot of errors in the field. May he stick around for a good long while.  He isn't the guy who will make a lot of headlines, but he is the type who can be on base for all the HR hitters. Solo hrs are nice and all, but 2 and 3 run hrs are better..the BRM had several of these kinds of players whose names only Reds fans remember.. Not to mention he was tearing it up in Louisville hitting over .350 all season.. As he was quoted, "Hitting 350 just never gets old." Indeed it doesn't. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 09:42 AM)grampahol Wrote: I like the new kid Lopez, all 5' 10" with his 6 hrs over his entire minor league career. He's a table setter and can get on base consistently. Reds haven't had that kind of hitter for quite a long time and he doesn't make a lot of errors in the field. May he stick around for a good long while.  He isn't the guy who will make a lot of headlines, but he is the type who can be on base for all the HR hitters. Solo hrs are nice and all, but 2 and 3 run hrs are better..the BRM had several of these kinds of players whose names only Reds fans remember.. Not to mention he was tearing it up in Louisville hitting over .350 all season.. As he was quoted, "Hitting 350 just never gets old." Indeed it doesn't. 

I like India, but the leadoff hitter of this team should be Akiyama. When he settled in late last year, the whole team clicked. I like Naquin to a point but I like Akiyama a lot more. Aquino needs to be traded.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 05:55 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I like India, but the leadoff hitter of this team should be Akiyama. When he settled in late last year, the whole team clicked. I like Naquin to a point but I like Akiyama a lot more. Aquino needs to be traded.

I too had high hopes for Akiyama because he got hot at the end of last year.  But now that 2-3 week stretch looks like an exception rather than the rule.  He has over 200 ABs in the majors with a pathetic .333 on base percentage and zero power.
Reply/Quote
Let Lopez hit leadoff with his .360 batting average. Pretty good as an infielder too.. And he's a switch hitter with no real drop off from either side. What's not to like PLUS he wears #28? Nobody fails wearing 28..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Mercy.. Suarez strikes out 4 times.. Lopez plays 3rd and 2nd..

Reply/Quote
More runs through first 78 since the 95 club. Schedule is super soft after July 31st I still give them a punchers chance.
Reply/Quote
I was starting to think we’d never beat that ***** team lol.

Reply/Quote