Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS JUNE GAME THREAD
well...hell..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't think we were gonna win all 162 games.. Oh well...still a nice run.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Rockies are absolutely terrible on the road. (.200/.273/.295 as a team on the road. that's a .568 OPS)
Brewers are 23rd in runs/29th in OPS.

It was nice while it lasted, but the bullpen went right back to what we know they are when they had to face a legitimate opposing force. Padres are 11th in runs/16th in OPS and they are absolutely feasting on the bullpen.

They need to add 2 legitimate bullpen arms through trade, and get back Antone and Lorenzen quick if they don't want this season to start slipping away.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 08:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Rockies are absolutely terrible on the road. (.200/.273/.295 as a team on the road. that's a .568 OPS)
Brewers are 23rd in runs/29th in OPS.

It was nice while it lasted, but the bullpen went right back to what we know they are when they had to face a legitimate opposing force. Padres are 11th in runs/16th in OPS and they are absolutely feasting on the bullpen.

They need to add 2 legitimate bullpen arms through trade, and get back Antone and Lorenzen quick if they don't want this season to start slipping away.

Yep Garrett has to go along with Doolittle and Fulmer. If they don't get some bullpen help and fast they have no chance of contending. 
Reply/Quote
BUMP IN THE ROAD. At San Diego. This should be the end of Reds on West Coast. Haven't they played at LA, San Fran, Colorado, Arizona ? I think they have. West Coast is always rough on Reds, even the Big Red Machine Days.

If Reds can win today, they avoid a 4 game sweep, and it sets up Castillo Sunday to try to split the 4 game series. So GO REDS and WIN TODAY.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yeah, they've always played like crap on the west coast, so I'm not too terribly upset by this.
Reply/Quote
This is a good San Diego team, this isn't like earlier where they tanked against Arizona.

I really hope the Reds make a move soon though to get another bullpen arm. The OF is crowded, Winker and Castellanos aren't going anywhere, nor should they, but after that you have Aquino, Naquin, Shogo and Senzel on the shelf. It seems like the perfect time to trade one of the group of Naquin, Aquino or Shogo for a proven arm and allow more playing time for the others in the OF log-jam.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 02:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is a good San Diego team, this isn't like earlier where they tanked against Arizona.

I really hope the Reds make a move soon though to get another bullpen arm. The OF is crowded, Winker and Castellanos aren't going anywhere, nor should they, but after that you have Aquino, Naquin, Shogo and Senzel on the shelf. It seems like the perfect time to trade one of the group of Naquin, Aquino or Shogo for a proven arm and allow more playing time for the others in the OF log-jam.

Yep

They've got to make some moves for bullpen help.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 04:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

They've got to make some moves for bullpen help.

Have to think Aquino would land them a pretty good arm and him moving allows more ABs for Naquin and Shogo plus there T.J. Friedl in AAA who should be pushing for time soon.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well the good news is the Cubs just got thumped by the Marlins 11-1.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Votto and Bell ejected in the first after a check swing called strike 3 for going to far. Votto said a few words toward the 3rd base ump when the home plate ump apparently said something that got Votto's attention and he went off. On top of that a Padres fan near the Reds dugout also got ejected.
Reply/Quote
You really don't deserve to win a game when 5 of the 7 runs you give up come after 2 outs and no one on. Don't ever play on the west coast again.
Reply/Quote
You rarely win when your pitching staff is giving up 7 runs per game.
Reply/Quote
Avoid The 4 Game Sweep.

Reds need Castillo to be a pitcher today.

1-3 wouldn't hurt Reds that much because they had won so much going into this, but a loss today and 0-4 would be a set back.

Avoid The Broom, GO REDS on Fathers Day.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Moose moved to the 60 day IL, Ashton Goudeau sent down, and Josh Osich called up.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/06/reds-move-mike-moustakas-to-60-day-il-select-josh-osich.html
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2021, 01:01 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Moose moved to the 60 day IL, Ashton Goudeau sent down, and Josh Osich called up.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/06/reds-move-mike-moustakas-to-60-day-il-select-josh-osich.html

David Bell telling the media that a guy is about to come back off the IL seems like the kiss of death.

Less than a week ago he was telling folks that Moose would be back for this San Diego series.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bell might get himself ejected again before this one is over. This home plate ump is horrible and just cost Castillo 3 runs when the inning should have been over and the game still scoreless.
Reply/Quote
Well they pulled the sweep off.
Reply/Quote
Back at .500 where we're comfortable :)
Reply/Quote
I swear Doolittle is so worthless. They need to send his ass packing now.
Reply/Quote