Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS JUNE GAME THREAD
Good sweep. Gotta beat the teams you're supposed to beat. I think I saw that the Rockies are something like 5-27 this year on the road now?

They need to add another quality bullpen arm or two if they want to make an attempt at a playoff appearance. The way he's hitting, Castellanos is going to opt out of his contract after this season, so it's pretty much now or never, Bob.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chad would probably be down. He’s tried soccer and boxing, I’m sure he’d give baseball a go. Big Grin

Probably better than anyone in the bullpen not named Sims or Antone.
Reply/Quote
https://www.mlb.com/news/reds-prospect-hunter-greene-heading-to-triple-a-louisville

Benefit of drafting a high school kid. Despite Hunter's injury, he still is only 21.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 09:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good sweep. Gotta beat the teams you're supposed to beat. I think I saw that the Rockies are something like 5-27 this year on the road now?

They need to add another quality bullpen arm or two if they want to make an attempt at a playoff appearance. The way he's hitting, Castellanos is going to opt out of his contract after this season, so it's pretty much now or never, Bob.

Yep

Two things have to happen for this team to have a chance. 1. They have to add a couple good relievers to bullpen. 2. Castillo and Gray have to continue trending up.
Reply/Quote
What are your thoughts on trading Nick Castellanos?

He is in the second year of his 4 year contract, but he has an opt out clause at the end of this year.

Considering he is having a career year and is in the running for an MVP, I feel like he'll inevitably take that opt out clause.

I'd be awfully tempted to cash him in if we are still stuck in the .500 region. If someone offers a top 10 prospect or two top 30 prospects, it'd be tempting.
Reply/Quote
Well they did it, another good outing from Gutierrez 3-1. Now if Castillo can just keep it together today ?
Reply/Quote
Hitting and pitching..the two are just hard to beat. The run differential has come down considerably this past week alone to -2..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
REDS are over .500 on June 15th, not bad.

The SWEEP of Rockies was great. I admit that I was busy with a Fantasy League and all my attention Sunday was on my Toronto Pitcher Ray, and my Cubs Pitcher Davies. Those games on ESPN and I needed those 2 big time because the person I was playing went ahead of me with most points on the week of any team. Thanks to Davies and Cubs, I ended up highest points of week, just barely winning by only 3 points to stay in 2nd Place and ahead in Wild Card. So I was occupied with that, but Happy that Reds SWEPT Rockies.

Now Reds have won game one from Brewers. REDS have won 4 games in a row. They could use Castillo to make it 5 in a row tonight. If Castillo can get on track as not just OK, but as one of the better pitchers in baseball, Reds could use it. With Sonny Gray out, the other pitchers are on a 4 game win streak and Castillo making it 5 would do 2 things. It would beat first place Brewers who have lost very little in 2021. It would also show Reds starting pitching is shaping up into a good rotation, and hopefully Sonny Gray back in a couple weeks.

Some of my CBS Fantasy teams this week I have Mahle and Miley going due to strong last week plus good seasons. I wasn't looking Reds in Free Agency, they were just some of the 2 best to add. This rookie that beat Brewers may be one to pick up soon also. The Reds bullpen has some new names stepping up.

So Reds over .500 and playing good ball. One Reds starter I was able to add to most Fantasy teams lately was India, and he has been a great add on. I even landed Winker on a team weeks back. Gray is on my IL on most teams.

I would love to see Reds over .500 and playing good ball into 4th of July and All-Star Game. This is where I disagree with Moneyball Movie and that GM saying it's all nothing if you don't win the World Series. I really don't care that much about baseball into Halloween. My idea of Moneyball is have a team over.500 and playing good ball 4th of July and All-Star Game Summer for Fans. Only 2 teams will be playing Halloween. 4th of July is BASEBALL TIME. Perfect weather for Fans in The Stands. Reds Castellanos and Winker should be All-Stars. I'm not sure if Reds have any others this year, but those 2 should be Locked In. So I disagree with Moneyball Movie on a few points, and one is looking to last game of World Series totally. Only 1 of the 30 teams can win that. I say having a team over .500 playing good ball on 4th of July and All-Star Game time in Summer for Summer Fans is a good goal. Reds look like they could do that. Nothing against play-offs that over lap into football and cold weather, but Now into 4th of July is Summer Baseball Fun Time. I disagree with him on no bunting and no stolen bases also. Bunting and Base Stealing can win ball games also. Many people make Summer Vacation Day Trips to Baseball Games, so giving those Fans a good Summer team to have a hot dog and a cold drink with is the essence of Baseball to me, and Reds are Doing That.

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds win again and Cubs lose again! Reds only 3 games back now!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Castillo with an outstanding game and his ERA drops below 6. Baby steps. Big win with Garrett getting the save. Hopefully that's the spark to straighten out his stupid ass. It's big to get wins when the team doesn't hit.That's Championship type of play.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Great WIN over Brewers Tonight in Extra Innings.

REDS win 5 in a Row.

REDS Win 12 of last 15.

REDS Win Brewers series

Reds going for SWEEP of first place Brewers

REDS moving up fast in standings.

Castillo and Garrett looked good tonight, TWO players Reds were counting on in 2021.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Some of the players who were big time disappointments early on in the season are starting to come around to produce when it counts. Castillo, Votto, even Garrett. It would be nice to see Suarez start raking as well.. Now if they only had a CFer to hit .350 the division would be ours for the taking..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I would love to see Barrero bring his minor league bat up to the big leagues. Last year he hadn't figured out how to catch up with big league spins and ended up chasing a lot out of the strike zone, but the kid has real live big league defensive skills they really need at SS.

Reply/Quote
REDS SWEEP!!!!! 6 wins in a row and with the Cubs facing DeGrom tonight there's a real good chance they will be only 2 games out.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 06:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: REDS SWEEP!!!!! 6 wins in a row and with the Cubs facing DeGrom tonight there's a real good chance they will be only 2 games out.

DancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancing....GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They did it again, who woulda thunk it ? 4 games over .500, 2.5 games out, 11-3 thus far in June, swept Cards and Brewers.

Now 4 against Padres on the road. A month ago the Padres were one of the hottest/best teams in MLB. They've fell flat on their face in June, exact opposite of Reds. Let's hope we've caught them at right time.
Reply/Quote
Cubs lose again despite DeGrom leaving the 3rd with elbow soreness. Reds only 2 games back!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm dreaming of a Padres sweep.

Let's see my dreams comes crashing down around me :)
Reply/Quote
The rookies coming up HUGE in the 9th.

Reply/Quote
Hendrix put Machado on.. Shut em down! Good time for a DP.

Reply/Quote