Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS MAY GAME THREAD
Should have kept Greene at SS when we drafted him. The Reds do not have a good track record of growing their own pitching and so far that looks to be true. This organization is entirely too Infatuated with spin rates and flame throwing arms. I mean the kid has already blown out his arm and had Tommy John surgery. And we are finding out that major leaguers can catch up to a fastball, and his secondary pitches are just not there yet. I fully expect this clueless organization to continue to trot him out there every fifth day to get shelled and ruin his confidence before his career can even take off.
Reply/Quote
I'll say it again. Greene should be in the minors. A big league era of 9.00 is not a good learning experience.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 01:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll say it again. Greene should be in the minors. A big league era of 9.00 is not a good learning experience.

Yep, he's getting hammered and it's not good.
Reply/Quote
The game got rained out tonight. So we didn't lose. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Just turned the Reds on tied 2-2 top of the 8th. Bases were loaded, not sure how, but Lucas Sims just struck out 3 in a row to get out of the inning. Hey it's a little bright spot.
Reply/Quote
Reds with a 7 run 8th. So they do have an offense!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 04:39 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds with a 7 run 8th. So they do have an offense!

Kinda, today anyways. But the Pirates helped them out a good bit with some suspect defense. I'll take it though.
Reply/Quote
Reds win ! Get the cigars out WOOT WOOT.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 04:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Reds win ! Get the cigars out WOOT WOOT.

The next 10+ game losing streak starts with game two of the double header!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 04:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The next 10+ game losing streak starts with game two of the double header!  Hilarious

I wouldn't be surprised at all.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
What a perfect way for the Reds to end their losing streak by going to bed with the beginning of the next one.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
So Bell uses up two pitchers in the first inning as his attempt to utilize an opener blows up in his face . . . again. Now the Reds have no more lefties in the bullpen.

Pathetic.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 08:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So Bell uses up two pitchers in the first inning as his attempt to utilize an opener blows up in his face . . . again. Now the Reds have no more lefties in the bullpen.

Pathetic.

Getting rid of Bell will probably change little to nothing for this season. But I'm all for it, I've seen enough.
Reply/Quote
Suddenly Overton is the starting pitcher getting Reds some WINS. 2 Wins by Reds in his last 2 Starts, which for Reds is like a Superman these days. Nobody else on Reds has came close to doing it in 2022.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds can say they hit a grand slam this year as Colin Moran launched one in a 5 run 6th inning!
Reply/Quote
Reds win a series!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 05:44 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds win a series!!!

First things First.  Win Saturday, Win Sunday, Win a Series.   How about Moran taking it to his old team Pittsburgh with a Grand Slam and later a 2 Run Homer.   Reds win after Overton and Mahle started games.   

The thing this team needed more than anything was a couple of WINS and this weekend they got them. 

I hear Castillo is close to pitching for Reds first time in 2022.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Castillo to pitch tomorrow. We have a chance.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 09:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Castillo to pitch tomorrow. We have a chance.

Perhaps but we're playing the Brewers so it's like your local H.S. football team taking on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
It's nice to see they took the series, but it is hard to get excited when the team has to depend on players like Drury, Moran, and Farmer as key pieces to the offense. It will be interesting to see if any of them significantly heat up because they'll surely be traded to a contender.
Reply/Quote