Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS MAY GAME THREAD
Youtube doing a much better job than Apple TV. The game is clear and streaming well. The Apple TV app was jerky. Reds up 8-4 in the 6th.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Good god that 9th inning was painful to watch.

Yelich with 3 career cycles . . . all 3 against our beloved/pathetic Reds.

2 series in a row, now only 17 games under .500.

yay
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 05:16 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Good god that 9th inning was painful to watch.

Yelich with 3 career cycles . . . all 3 against our beloved/pathetic Reds.

2 series in a row, now only 17 games under .500.

yay

Next 4 vs. Pirates so perhaps they can split and be knocking on double digit wins door. yippie
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Reds are getting some wins. 2 series wins in a row. Keep it going against Pittsburgh.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hopefully tonight is a win against the Pirates. The Reds bats have come alive recently.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Sims put on 15 day IL and Moreta thankfully sent to AAA and Dugger and Solomon called up.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/reds-place-lucas-sims-on-injured-list-select-robert-dugger.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds Win 4-0!!!
Reply/Quote
I must preface I still think this team sucks but I'm also thinking we're now officially past becoming the worst team in the history of baseball, right? There is enough talent we'll win some series and put together periods of winning. The days of losing 10 or 15 in a row are over... I think?

Another random thought... Who represents the Reds at the MLB All Star game? Drury or Stephenson? I'm thinking only one, obligatory Red makes the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 10:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I must preface I still think this team sucks but I'm also thinking we're now officially past becoming the worst team in the history of baseball, right? There is enough talent we'll win some series and put together periods of winning. The days of losing 10 or 15 in a row are over... I think?

Another random thought... Who represents the Reds at the MLB All Star game? Drury or Stephenson? I'm thinking only one, obligatory Red makes the team.

My guess would be Stephenson if he even stays half as good as he's been lately. And yes unless somebody just gets on fire soon I doubt there's anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 11:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My guess would be Stephenson if he even stays half as good as he's been lately. And yes unless somebody just gets on fire soon I doubt there's anyone else.

So is he also the leading mid season trade candidate? lol
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So is he also the leading mid season trade candidate? lol

Stephenson isn't going anywhere. 

Reds WON again last night.  So Reds got the first win of Pirates series.  Mahle goes tonight and he pitched well against Pirates last week.  I would think Castillo pitching this weekend also.  REDS have a chance to win 3 series in a row.  

The Reds had most of the team injured during the losing streak.  Players have came back.  Some players have got real HOT.   Moran, Drury, Stephenson, Overton.  This is not the same team of players during the losing.  Players Are Back and Hot and Reds have a chance to win 3rd series in a row.   

Since there really is no Bengals to talk about from Draft Day to Preseason, I'm glad Reds are winning some games, for there is nothing Bengals to talk about on Jungle Noise until August. Since Bengals played into February, I welcome a 3 month break from Bengals this summer.  Come August, I will be as Bengal as anybody.  As for now, GO REDS and WIN 3rd series in a row.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Moose with 2 homers so far tonight and Reds up 8-2!!!
Reply/Quote
Castillo slated to pitch tomorrow. Could the Reds make it 4 W's in a row and win third series in a row ?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 10:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Castillo slated to pitch tomorrow. Could the Reds make it 4 W's in a row and win third series in a row ?

That would be great. 3 Series wins in a row.  A chance for a SWEEP on Sunday.  To see The Reds putting much needed WINS on the board FAST  

We now can add THE MOOSE to hot hitters and hot pitchers.  Reds who had more injured players than healthy players, now have many players back and many Reds players are getting Hot. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That cardboard cutout of Phil they’ve been slowly stripping pieces off of is for sure paying dividends!
Reply/Quote
Ross Detwiler called up and Dugger DFA'd.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/reds-select-ross-detwiler-designate-robert-dugger.html
Reply/Quote
Bummer, Stephenson took a ball off the front of his mask and had to exit.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 08:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bummer, Stephenson took a ball off the front of his mask and had to exit.

Good News is that it's not a concussion.  

Reds lose, but have a chance to win the series Sunday.  Greene needs to step up Sunday, because the Pirates pitcher Quintana has been pitching well.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Lets hope for a victory today against the Pirates. Greene needs to have a good outing and the Reds need to hit.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Greene having a special game right now but the Reds have no runs and he is at 93 pitches through 6 which gives him no realistic chance to go all 9.
Reply/Quote