Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS MAY GAME THREAD
(05-18-2022, 04:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say Votto's last hurrah was 2021. He had a great stretch with Reds but I'm afraid his time is quickly coming to an end. I'm hoping he retires.

He had Castellanos batting behind him last year so he saw lots of strikes. Take that away and it's back to the Votto of the last few years.

This is what naturally happens to a normal human being that's not on steroids. I remember around 32 years old being players falling off point before the steroid era. The fact he's stretched it out this far is surprising but, in my opinion, that's mostly because of the contract, not ability.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Votto is back along with Aquino.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/reds-make-series-of-roster-moves.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 06:53 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Votto is back along with Aquino.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/reds-make-series-of-roster-moves.html

Great ThumbsUp

Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Reds had a close one tonight. The bats let us down. We can still win the series. The Reds have won a lot of games recently compared to other teams.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 01:02 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Reds had a close one tonight. The bats let us down. We can still win the series. The Reds have won a lot of games recently compared to  other teams.

Castillo looked good. It's a shame he had no run support.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 10:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Castillo looked good. It's a shame he had no run support.

With Votto back, the Reds had no run support.  Castillo pitched good enough to win.  The Reds had not lost a series in 14 days withy Votto out.  Now they bring back Votto and bench Moran.  Plus Bell changes the entire winning line-up around.  Bell changes the lead-off hitter and the whole line-up.  Bell puts some guy named Taylor Motter wearing uniform number 94 at third base, uses The Moose as a DH and benches Moran.  So not only does red hot Moran lose his job to Votto, but also to Taylor Motter, whoever he is.  

So with Bell changing the line-up and benching Moran, the lineup that has been winning for 2 weeks is gone.  This line-up is all set to lose a series for the first time in 2 weeks.  The team has been winning, but The Reds and Bell don't want this team to win.  So they have taken the line-up that was winning the last 14 days, and thrown it out.  Back to the Votto line-up that lost all of April.  Back to Bell experiments such as Taylor Motter, the Bell experiments that lost almost every game in April.  

So the Reds had not lost a series in 14 days, and now that is over.  That is over because Bell and the Reds would rather lose.  They took the team that has been winning the last 2 weeks, and just blew it up.   The problem is that the Reds are still not back to 10 games under .500 and would have needed to win this series and a few more just to get to 10 games under .500 and start moving in on 5 games under .500 area.  So the Reds stink thanks to the awful April.  They were starting to do better in May, but Bell is going back to the April type line-ups.  

As hot as Moran has been, nobody in their right mind would bench him, especially to get some dude named Taylor Motter in the line-up.  It is why the Reds will LOSE their first series in 14 days, and fall back into losing as they did in April.   Nobody in their right mind would bench Moran as hot as he has been, or move Friedl way down in the line-up.  BELL took a winning line-up and just blew it up, and BELL is determined to play his April type line-ups that lost every series in April. 

Yes, Castillo pitched well enough to win, and you don't beat an American League East team as good as Toronto by losing games in which a Castillo pitched good enough to win.  When you play Toronto, or The Yankees, or Red Sox, or Rays, or Orioles, losing well pitched games, you can forget about winning the series. THE REDS WILL NOT BEAT TORONTO NOW.  Not with BELL throwing out the line-up that was winning.  

Jim Day and these Reds announcers can say how wonderful all the BELL moves are, but I see BELL sinking the Reds back into the April type losing very fast.  The Reds are 11 and 27.  16 games under .500 and that STINKS.  The Moran line-up had not lost a series in 14 days and was at least moving up to a more respectable record.   The Reds and Bell don't want that.  They seem to want The Reds to hit 20 games under .500 so at seasons end they will be around 40 games under .500 or worse.  It's as if this team is Tanking on purpose and trying to see how many games they can lose.   I say this is not the NFL, and the #1 Draft Pick is NOT worth it in Baseball as much as NFL. 

So the Reds came upon Moran who became one of the hottest hitters in baseball, and his hot bat turned the awful Reds into a team that did not lose a series in 2 weeks. So what did Bell and The Reds do with one of the hottest players in baseball who helped get the Reds back to winning ? They benched him first chance they got. Not just to play Votto, but also to play some dude named Taylor Motter. REMEMBER THIS DATE IN THE REDS SEASON. The Reds benched one of the hottest hitters in baseball. I fail to see how a team 15 games under .500 can bench one of the hottest hitters in baseball who has kept them from losing for 2 weeks, but that is indeed what the Reds did. THE REDS ARE DETERMINED THEY DON'T WANT TO WIN. Anybody who helps them WIN will get benched or traded or sent back to the minors.

Losing the first game of the Toronto series. Castillo pitched well enough to win. The Reds will not come back and win this series and they will lose their first series in over 2 weeks. Of course they will, because BELL is benching players like Moran, and going back to the Losing Line-Ups of April.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 12:50 PM)kevin Wrote: With Votto back, the Reds had no run support.  Castillo pitched good enough to win.  The Reds had not lost a series in 14 days withy Votto out.  Now they bring back Votto and bench Moran.  Plus Bell changes the entire winning line-up around.  Bell changes the lead-off hitter and the whole line-up.  Bell puts some guy named Taylor Motter wearing uniform number 94 at third base, uses The Moose as a DH and benches Moran.  So not only does red hot Moran lose his job to Votto, but also to Taylor Motter, whoever he is.  

So with Bell changing the line-up and benching Moran, the lineup that has been winning for 2 weeks is gone.  This line-up is all set to lose a series for the first time in 2 weeks.  The team has been winning, but The Reds and Bell don't want this team to win.  So they have taken the line-up that was winning the last 14 days, and thrown it out.  Back to the Votto line-up that lost all of April.  Back to Bell experiments such as Taylor Motter, the Bell experiments that lost almost every game in April.  

So the Reds had not lost a series in 14 days, and now that is over.  That is over because Bell and the Reds would rather lose.  They took the team that has been winning the last 2 weeks, and just blew it up.   The problem is that the Reds are still not back to 10 games under .500 and would have needed to win this series and a few more just to get to 10 games under .500 and start moving in on 5 games under .500 area.  So the Reds stink thanks to the awful April.  They were starting to do better in May, but Bell is going back to the April type line-ups.  

As hot as Moran has been, nobody in their right mind would bench him, especially to get some dude named Taylor Motter in the line-up.  It is why the Reds will LOSE their first series in 14 days, and fall back into losing as they did in April.   Nobody in their right mind would bench Moran as hot as he has been, or move Friedl way down in the line-up.  BELL took a winning line-up and just blew it up, and BELL is determined to play his April type line-ups that lost every series in April. 

Yes, Castillo pitched well enough to win, and you don't beat an American League East team as good as Toronto by losing games in which a Castillo pitched good enough to win.  When you play Toronto, or The Yankees, or Red Sox, or Rays, or Orioles, losing well pitched games, you can forget about winning the series. THE REDS WILL NOT BEAT TORONTO NOW.  Not with BELL throwing out the line-up that was winning.  

Jim Day and these Reds announcers can say how wonderful all the BELL moves are, but I see BELL sinking the Reds back into the April type losing very fast.  The Reds are 11 and 27.  16 games under .500 and that STINKS.  The Moran line-up had not lost a series in 14 days and was at least moving up to a more respectable record.   The Reds and Bell don't want that.  They seem to want The Reds to hit 20 games under .500 so at seasons end they will be around 40 games under .500 or worse.  It's as if this team is Tanking on purpose and trying to see how many games they can lose.   I say this is not the NFL, and the #1 Draft Pick is NOT worth it in Baseball as much as NFL. 

So the Reds came upon Moran who became one of the hottest hitters in baseball, and his hot bat turned the awful Reds into a team that did not lose a series in 2 weeks.  So what did Bell and The Reds do with one of the hottest players in baseball who helped get the Reds back to winning ?   They benched him first chance they got.  Not just to play Votto, but also to play some dude named Taylor Motter.  REMEMBER THIS DATE IN THE REDS SEASON.  The Reds benched one of the hottest hitters in baseball.  I fail to see how a team 15 games under .500 can bench one of the hottest hitters in baseball who has kept them from losing for 2 weeks, but that is indeed what the Reds did.  THE REDS ARE DETERMINED THEY DON'T WANT TO WIN.  Anybody who helps them WIN will get benched or traded or sent back to the minors.

Losing the first game of the Toronto series.  Castillo pitched well enough to win.  The Reds will not come back and win this series and they will lose their first series in over 2 weeks. Of course they will, because BELL is benching players like Moran, and going back to the Losing Line-Ups of April.

You have to remember per the link i posted above that Drury and Almora Jr. could not go into Canada since they are unvaccinated and Canadian law forbidding it so lineup changes were inevitable. Didn't have much of a choice.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 10:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Castillo looked good. It's a shame he had no run support.

Same for Greene today. I'd say they'll both be gone by the trade deadline.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 06:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Same for Greene today. I'd say they'll both be gone by the trade deadline.

Castillo likely, they won't trade Greene during his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
LOL

I just got off work, came home, popped on MLBtv, saw Bell's lineup, saw Manoah was pitching, watched him easily get through the first, popped instantly onto the 9th inning and watched them all strikeout.

I no longer want to watch this pathetic franchise when they face good pitchers. I didn't even watch Hunter Greene pitch after his strong start last time. I figured "why bother?"

The team sucks
The manager sucks
The GM sucks
The owner sucks
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 08:47 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

I just got off work, came home, popped on MLBtv, saw Bell's lineup, saw Manoah was pitching, watched him easily get through the first, popped instantly onto the 9th inning and watched them all strikeout.

I no longer want to watch this pathetic franchise when they face good pitchers. I didn't even watch Hunter Greene pitch after his strong start last time. I figured "why bother?"

The team sucks
The manager sucks
The GM sucks
The owner sucks

The younger pitchers are the only reason I can talk myself into watching them. 
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 08:47 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

The team sucks
The manager sucks
The GM sucks
The owner sucks

Well said.  

I get every Reds game on my cable TV package.  Do I watch every Reds game ?  I do not.   If I ever have to cut back on my cable package due to increasing rates, and I go to picking my 10 or 15 favorite channels at a cheaper rate, The Ohio Sports Channel of Reds, Cavaliers and Columbus hockey will not be kept, not the way the Reds are playing.  IF the Reds ever do get good again some year, I can always add them back to my cable package. 

For now, I get every Reds game, but even Gilligan's Island reruns or Hazel reruns as bad as they are, would be better than watching the Reds.  

The Reds have already lost the Toronto series. I see no point in turning the game on. 

The Reds are very close to being 20 games under .500 and the way Bell is running things, I'm positive they can hit 20 games under.  

Also, the Reds announcers talk all this BS about analytics as if they are experts on this.  If the Reds were so great on modern day baseball analytics, they would not be near 20 games under .500 on the season.  Oh, they love to tell the exit speed and launch angle of home runs more than any announcers in baseball.   So i pose this question.  If Tony Perez hit a home run into the upper deck red seats at Riverfront, and Johnny Bench hit a line shot home run just over the fence, does Perez homer count as more runs ?   NO, launch angle doesn't mean a damn thing.  They are both home runs.  A home run by any exit speed, just over the fence or in the upper deck at any launch angle, they are all home runs.  

So if you take away all the nonsense about rating home runs, since they all count the same on the scoreboard.  Then if you look at modern day analytics that teams use to field a line-up, The Reds Stink at almost 20 games under .500 on the season.  If the Reds are paying people as analytic experts on their payroll, they should all be fired right now, because they are lousy at it.  It's also why it is so hard to listen to Reds announcers talking analytics all game, because all they know is launch angles of home runs, and again, a home run is as home run regardless if it goes in the upper deck or just clears the fence.  Again, IF the Reds are paying people to be analytic experts as in the Money Ball Movie, they need to be Fired right now, because the Reds close to 20 games under shows they need Fired.  Close to 20 games under .500 is a computer analytic stat that far out weighs all the other stats.  Home Run Launch Angle and Speed Of Exit doesn't mean a thing, a Home Run, is a Home Run, is a Home Run.  Fielding line-ups that fall to 20 games under .500, now that is a computer stat to be concerned about. It shows whoever is looking at the computer chart with a slide ruler and making these line-up changes based on their math equations compared to the X, Y, Z of the team and pitcher they are playing, then the proof of their Math is in the total sum of the almost 20 games under .500, and they should be Fired.

The Reds announcers are like the old song, She Blinded Me With Science. Yet really all they know is home run launch angles, which I say is all nonsense. As bad as the Reds are, as a Fan, I will take all the Reds home runs that barely clear the fence that the Reds can hit. I'll take gappers or doubles or any runs these bums can put on the scoreboard. As bad as the Reds are, I'm not picky about the launch angle of a home run, since the Reds hit so few of them, I'll take Reds home runs or runs in any way they can score runs. Lately the Reds are scoring One Run Per Game, and that's a good way to lose over 100 games. I would gladly take the Reds scoring 5 runs in a game with no home runs, than the Reds scoring only 1 run on a home run that is a moon shot. Chicks may dig the long ball, but most fans Dig The Win, and the Reds just ain't winning. Launch Angles ??? Heck, I would be happy if the Reds scored on a fielders choice ground out. I'll take any runs the Reds can score, since they score so few runs. If one of these bums hits a 3 run homer that barely goes over the fence, I won't worry about the Launch Angle as She Blinded Me With Science. How about some Tool Shop Trig Math, Measure Twice and Cut Once. Applied to baseball it would mean figure out the pitcher and take your best cut. As Tony Perez said, See De Ball, Hit De Ball. With all these Shifts, I like the saying, " Hit Em' Where They Ain't ", except most modern day players don't have the talent to do that. You can have nobody at Third or in Left Field, and these bums couldn't hit the ball there if they batted all day. I bet a Ty Cobb or Roger Hornsby or Rod Carew would get 300 hits a year against these wild Shifts. For one thing, if there was nobody on the left side of the field, they would simply lay down a bunt because there is nobody there to field it. However todays players don't know how to bunt. They could stand at the plate all day and not lay down one good bunt. Bunting should be like basketball Free Throws, something you have to practice if you are going to be any good. Oh Right, on a Bunt there is no Launch Angle, so why try to score that way ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds win today thanks to Aquino, Votto, and the bullpen.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 05:59 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds win today thanks to Aquino, Votto, and the bullpen.

I know ain't it crazy ? Combine their averages and they might be hitting .200
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 06:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know ain't it crazy ? Combine their averages and they might be hitting .200

It is crazy. I thought Aquino was done as a Red.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 08:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It is crazy. I thought Aquino was done as a Red.

Me too ?

I guess nobody picked him up from waivers so they just resigned him ? I dunno
Reply/Quote
So today is opposite day. I keep forgetting to put it on my calendar.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 09:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me too ?

I guess nobody picked him up from waivers so they just resigned him ? I dunno

He was DFA'd, cleared waivers, and accepted assignment to Louisville.
Reply/Quote
If Aquino and Votto start to hit like today, this team will rack up more wins. Both of them have been struggling. I think they might have confidence now.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 11:10 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: If Aquino and Votto start to hit like today, this team will rack up more wins. Both of them have been struggling. I think they might have confidence now.

Votto is definitely key, it changes how the opposing pitchers throws to the whole lineup. Even though we aren't a playoff team, I'll be rooting for Votto to duplicate what he did last season. I want to see the guy secure a HoF career.
Reply/Quote