Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS MAY GAME THREAD
(05-07-2022, 08:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Getting rid of Bell will probably change little to nothing for this season. But I'm all for it, I've seen enough.

C'mon..Bell is trying for his HOF coaching status..  He'll likely fail miserably, but he's trying! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to see the reds take at least 1 from the Brewers because their next 14 games are against not so great competition. Pirates, Cubs, Indians. Blue Jays are decent I guess ?

I'd like to see them get their record up to somewhat respectable.
Reply/Quote
I hope Castillo pitches well tonight. I'm a fan and would hate to see him join the 7.00+ ERA club on this squad.
Reply/Quote
Moran with another homer!!! He is on fire right now!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Farmer breaks his 0-34 drought with a 3 run homer!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
At least some bats are coming alive.
Reply/Quote
Reds up 10-5 in the 8th. Another win? What is going on with this team? I hope it continues.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 10:44 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reds up 10-5 in the 8th. Another win? What is going on with this team? I hope it continues.

Yes, Reds win.  Now a chance to win 2 series in a row.  

Pitching has been better and bats such as Stephenson back and Drury and Moran are heating up. In fact all Fantasy Owners scrambling to add these Reds.  Nobody was talking Drury start of season, but he is putting up great numbers.  Moran is smoking the last week.  Stephenson can just flat out hit, we knew that. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Would be sweet to see them take the series vs. Brewers.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 09:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Would be sweet to see them take the series vs. Brewers.

For sure. I have no hope for the season and think they'll be vying for last place with the Pirates; however, I'd much rather see them experience success.

The trade deadline is going to be interesting if guys like Drury, Moran, and Pham are doing well. They aren't players you build a team around so I wonder if they'll be up for trade.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 07:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I hope Castillo pitches well tonight. I'm a fan and would hate to see him join the 7.00+ ERA club on this squad.

He pitched ok for his 1st start of the season, he looked really good the 1st three innings. The problem I see is that if he pitches too good, ownership might want to move him by the trade deadline. I wonder what the plan is for him longterm with the Reds. Keep him and extend him? Hope he pitches well enough to move him?  Interesting to see how it will play out. Also hear some teams still interested in Mahle. I guess there's a market for a pitcher that throws 20+ pitches an inning and is done by the 4th or 5th inning.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:11 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure. I have no hope for the season and think they'll be vying for last place with the Pirates; however, I'd much rather see them experience success.

The trade deadline is going to be interesting if guys like Drury, Moran, and Pham are doing well. They aren't players you build a team around so I wonder if they'll be up for trade.

Me either

I have no delusions this team is gonna stage a comeback. If they win more than 60 games I'll be shocked Shocked But I would like to see them dig their way out of the brown paper bag over their heads area. LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:43 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: He pitched ok for his 1st start of the season, he looked really good the 1st three innings. The problem I see is that if he pitches too good, ownership might want to move him by the trade deadline. I wonder what the plan is for him longterm with the Reds. Keep him and extend him? Hope he pitches well enough to move him?  Interesting to see how it will play out. Also hear some teams still interested in Mahle. I guess there's a market for a pitcher that throws 20+ pitches an inning and is done by the 4th or 5th inning.

It will be interesting to see how Castillo plays out ? If he pitches middle area and up he'll probably be traded.
Reply/Quote
Greene on the mound this evening. Lets hope he can bounce back from getting roughed up the last couple games.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 04:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me either

I have no delusions this team is gonna stage a comeback. If they win more than 60 games I'll be shocked Shocked But I would like to see them dig their way out of the brown paper bag over their heads area. LOL

Haha I'll settle for not "worst MLB of all time."
Reply/Quote
Can someone tell me when the "wooo" fad ends? It's annoying to listen to on broadcasts.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Can someone tell me when the "wooo" fad ends? It's annoying to listen to on broadcasts.

It has caught on at other ballparks. I was watching the Reds at Cubs and sure enough heard it. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Can someone tell me when the "wooo" fad ends? It's annoying to listen to on broadcasts.

Oh I hate that with a passion Pissed
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 02:06 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: It has caught on at other ballparks. I was watching the Reds at Cubs and sure enough heard it. lol

It's been going strong for a few years now. It's way noticeable at stadiums with bad teams and low attendance.

Get off my lawn!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
doing pretty well right now 7-0 going into the 3rd... watching on youtube.
Reply/Quote