Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RUMOR - Biden to announce cancellation of student debt
(08-30-2022, 01:28 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: $250k household is considered upper, but not rich. Depending on the area you live in, $250k won't go as far as you think it will. The top 1% is considered rich, or wealthy. That is $500k+.

Now, if we are talking about a single individual making $250k, then you're pretty damn close to rich territory, with the caveat of location. 

Well, my wife and I will never have to worry about 150k, 250k or 500k.   LMAO
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:33 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Well, my wife and I will never have to worry about 150k, 250k or 500k.   LMAO

The happiness associated with wealth is a bell curve, though.  It's probably best for your mental and life well-being to be out of the poverty, but not in such a high bracket that money becomes your life.

This may sound like sour grapes, but when I see people act like the Trumps are enviable and have it so good due to their wealth I'm a bit skeptical.  That may make as much sense as being jealous of a heroin addict. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Something MasonBengalsFan posted in political memes inspired this post. Is debt acquired in trade schools included in the debt forgiveness? If this has already been discussed in this thread, I haven’t been following entirely.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 09:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Something MasonBengalsFan posted in political memes inspired this post. Is debt acquired in trade schools included in the debt forgiveness? If this has already been discussed in this thread, I haven’t been following entirely.

It can be, yes. There are people that take out loans for those programs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Google search said yes if it was a federal loan.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 09:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Who is paying for all this free college?

Not Bels, he doesn't even want to pay for kids to go to school from K-12. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 02:58 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not Bels, he doesn't even want to pay for kids to go to school from K-12. 

Damn right. These college kids are paying my salary, anyway. I'm not giving it back to them! Mad
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote