Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday
(01-13-2022, 03:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, in fact, many had us finishing last in the division. What was it, no more than 6 win season predicted? To end with 10 wins satisfies the soul. BUT NOW I WANT MORE. I"M A BENGAL SLUT!

This has to be captured on the record before you come back and make any edits to your post. 

Who Dey & heeeeey Pervert
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: Half of the GD thread will believe the game to be over long before the first quarter is over.. First play of the game, no 80 yard TD? Mixon only gained 8 yards? Burrow and Chase are toast..Pinkie issues and the undisclosed dropsies in practice! No doubt about it.. Shocked

The weak minded can’t handle the gd thread.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if we are going to be down by 14 sometime during the first half?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said JaggedJimmyJay. We all know we start slow too, at least for the majority of the season we did. Burrow learns the Defense
early and than the Offense starts to roll around the 2nd quarter, good thing for us is our Defense usually plays well early to keep us 
in it and the fact we already played the Raiders could be a factor in us actually starting fast for once. The Raiders have played well 
lately but not as well as our starters have lately. Burrow is a big lights kind of guy, I want to see this Saturday.

Should be a fun game as long as we pull out the win I don't really care how we do it. I do have a lot of trust in this Bengals team.

We are never out of a game and Burrow has stopped throwing those interceptions that cost us games early to mid season. 

IT IS TIME!!! Rock On

2nd time playing the Raiders is a good point. The 2nd time Burrow played Pitt and Bal this year we scored on our first 4 possessions in both rematches. In our first games against them we scored only 1 of our first 4 possessions each time.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:23 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 2nd time playing the Raiders is a good point. The 2nd time Burrow played Pitt and Bal this year we scored on our first 4 possessions in both rematches. In our first games against them we scored only 1 of our first 4 possessions each time.

Yes, a lot of the learning has already started which I think is a major bonus for us THIS time around.

It takes some time for Burrow to learn a Defense when he plays them the first time, this is evident.

He has film now to also study what he did wrong in that last game.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:52 AM)TheFan Wrote: It's really not that different than people who banged the drum in support for Taylor after the 2 previous years. 

Well, I don't recall those folks continuously moving the goalposts. Maybe it's just me and I'm remembering things wrong. Even Zac's biggest supporter said he needed to have a winning season and make the playoffs to be retained coming into the season. I agreed with that premise myself. So, I'm seeing it a bit differently than you are I guess. I'm seeing some folks that are going to be critical no matter how much success the team has with this HC and staff. 

Critiquing is one thing, and warranted at times, but some of it has been over the top. I've read some on social media that think the guy should still be let go at the end of the season...lol. Granted, I've not seen any takes that over the top here, but by the same token, I've seen some views that hint around at it. For a while, there was a new thread every week it seemed about what Zac needed to do to prove himself, etc. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 03:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, in fact, many had us finishing last in the division. What was it, no more than 6 win season predicted? To end with 10 wins satisfies the soul. BUT NOW I WANT MORE. I"M A BENGAL SLUT!

Oh, I do too my man, that's not what I'm driving at there....

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:13 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I wonder if we are going to be down by 14 sometime during the first half?

I'm calling ballgame for us right now.  Unless the Raiders are up by more than 16 with 2 minutes left we've got the game won.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, I don't recall those folks continuously moving the goalposts. Maybe it's just me and I'm remembering things wrong. Even Zac's biggest supporter said he needed to have a winning season and make the playoffs to be retained coming into the season. I agreed with that premise myself. So, I'm seeing it a bit differently than you are I guess. I'm seeing some folks that are going to be critical no matter how much success the team has with this HC and staff. 

Critiquing is one thing, and warranted at times, but some of it has been over the top. I've read some on social media that think the guy should still be let go at the end of the season...lol. Granted, I've not seen any takes that over the top here, but by the same token, I've seen some views that hint around at it. For a while, there was a new thread every week it seemed about what Zac needed to do to prove himself, etc. 

Exactly the same thing I have seen. Zac done what he needed to though this season.

He got us to the Post season and did it in a way that makes me think we can win there. We will see Saturday.

Barring a terrible game from us in most aspects and a loss I really like Taylor for the future now.

Thought the light would come on for Taylor this season but that was just a thought. He shown it came on.

He is young and can keep learning too. Good times to be a Bengal fan man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly the same thing I have seen. Zac done what he needed to though this season.

He got us to the Post season and did it in a way that makes me think we can win there. We will see Saturday.

Barring a terrible game from us in most aspects and a loss I really like Taylor for the future now.

Thought the light would come on for Taylor this season but that was just a thought. He shown it came on.

He is young and can keep learning too. Good times to be a Bengal fan man. Rock On

Absolutely my brother! Who Dey indeed....

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:01 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it's disingenuous to call the Raiders "The hottest team in football." Is it technically true if you consider "being hot" just winning streak? I suppose. But I think that's only part of the definition of "hot."

When I think of a team that is hot or on fire, I imagine a team that is scorching their opponents. Dominating victories. Defying steep odds in mistake free fashion etc.

And that isn't the Raiders. They've tripped and stumbled their way through these last 4 games. The first of those 4 games was against the Browns and, remember, they had like 25 guys out with COVID. They played the Browns practice squad and BARELY won. Had to kick a field goal as time expired to score 16 points on a practice squad.

Carr threw 5 TDs and 4 INTS in that 4 game win streak.
In 2 of those 4 games, Jacobs had under 4.0 yards per carry.
Hunter Renfrow hasn't gone over 100 yards in any of these 4 games. In two of the games, he only had 3 receptions and was a complete non-factor against LAC (5 catches for 13 yards).

Their defense has only had 6 sacks in those 4 games (while their Oline gave up 9 sacks) and just 1 interception and only recovered 1 fumble (Both against the Chargers). They also lost 3 fumbles in these 4 games, so they were -5 in the takeaway differential in these 4 games.

Now, don't get me wrong. I respect the Raiders for making it this far and winning those 4 games despite making as many mistakes as they did was impressive. Any given Sunday (or Saturday) definitely applies here. But I don't get this narrative that this team is "the hottest team in the NFL."

I am a lot more confident after reading this.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 05:13 PM)M.W. Wrote: I am a lot more confident after reading this.  

Happy to help.

I will re-emphasize the Any Given Saturday part though Tongue.

Just because the Raiders stumbled their way through their 4 game winning streak doesn't mean we will definitely beat them. They may just trip and stumble by us as well!

I'm just saying when it comes to being "hot," I consider the Bengals WAY hotter than the Raiders. We scorched the Ravens and took down the best team in the country in consecutive weeks, with a gritty defensive game against the Broncos before that. If we didn't rest our starters against Cleveland, I'm pretty comfortable saying we smoke them (Burrow would have only had to make up a difference of *checks notes* 6 points compared to Brandon Allen which, you know, I think he could handle) and then suddenly we're "equally" as hot as the Raiders? I dunno, I think the Raiders' abilities are being overstated here.

If we had a decent RT, I'd give us a 99% chance to win this game. It's only the ineptitude of Prince that makes me think the Raiders may pull off a shocker. Probably will require a strip sack for a touchdown by Crosby, something like that. That and our perpetual failure is making me wonder if it's just fate that we lose, but that's completely divorced from the idea of the Raiders.

There's nothing elite about this opponent other than their two defensive ends. If we overcome them, I'm not sure how we don't win this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 03:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The weak minded can’t handle the gd thread.

They talk about more than anything these days.. Deep down they really enjoy it...
Reply/Quote
Well unfortunately for the Raiders all good things must come to an end!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:52 AM)TheFan Wrote: It's really not that different than people who banged the drum in support for Taylor after the 2 previous years. 

Try some of these on for size....lol

Quote:16-32-1. Not surprised you're still here.. Mike $ Brown
Quote:I'm surprised the team was able to win in spite of Zac Taylor's stupid decisions.
Quote:All talk. Back it up with a World Championship! And stop getting the very talented and driven Joe Burrow killed. He is a special talent along with some others.Way too much talent on this team to not do more. Poor game management, lack of adjustments, and play calling handcuffs this team.
Quote: Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:20 AM)attyla Wrote: we are 6-0 in one score games this year.  A close game gives me confidence.  Daniel Carlson has been lights out for us this year.

Carlson has been great, but no one in the league has hit as man 50+ field goals this year than Evan MacPherson. Our kicking game is hardly a weakness.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 03:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The weak minded can’t handle the gd thread.

says the chief pot stirrer in the GD thread lol
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm calling ballgame for us right now.  Unless the Raiders are up by more than 16 with 2 minutes left we've got the game won.  

The Raiders weren't suppose to win their last two games as well. 

(01-13-2022, 05:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well unfortunately for the Raiders all good things must come to an end!

That might possibly be true. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:01 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it's disingenuous to call the Raiders "The hottest team in football." Is it technically true if you consider "being hot" just winning streak? I suppose. But I think that's only part of the definition of "hot."

When I think of a team that is hot or on fire, I imagine a team that is scorching their opponents. Dominating victories. Defying steep odds in mistake free fashion etc.

And that isn't the Raiders. They've tripped and stumbled their way through these last 4 games. The first of those 4 games was against the Browns and, remember, they had like 25 guys out with COVID. They played the Browns practice squad and BARELY won. Had to kick a field goal as time expired to score 16 points on a practice squad.

Carr threw 5 TDs and 4 INTS in that 4 game win streak.
In 2 of those 4 games, Jacobs had under 4.0 yards per carry.
Hunter Renfrow hasn't gone over 100 yards in any of these 4 games. In two of the games, he only had 3 receptions and was a complete non-factor against LAC (5 catches for 13 yards).

Their defense has only had 6 sacks in those 4 games (while their Oline gave up 9 sacks) and just 1 interception and only recovered 1 fumble (Both against the Chargers). They also lost 3 fumbles in these 4 games, so they were -5 in the takeaway differential in these 4 games.

Now, don't get me wrong. I respect the Raiders for making it this far and winning those 4 games despite making as many mistakes as they did was impressive. Any given Sunday (or Saturday) definitely applies here. But I don't get this narrative that this team is "the hottest team in the NFL."
Well said and thanks for a little perspective. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe....but that's not the case for a select few. I guess I don't understand how someone could predict around 4-6 wins at the beginning of the season, then continue to bytch after we finish 10-7 and win the AFCN. Again, I have my theory, but that's for another thread. I predicted 6-8 wins, I'm beyond satisfied with the results. I don't really understand how some aren't. 

You new around here kid??   Ninja    Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote