Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Raiders at Bengals Play-Off Game Predictions
BENGALS open as a 7 point favorite.. The drought ends here boys... 41 -24 Bengals... Burrow over 400 for the 3rd straight week.. Chase and Higgins 2 tds each..
Reply/Quote
All of that "no playoff win in 30 years" shit ends Saturday...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Only pessimists would predict a loss in this game. We have the better offense, the better defense, the better QB, the home field advantage, the Raiders are coming off an extremely hard fought, emotionally and physically draining game against a division rival on Sunday night and need to play Saturday afternoon, they are traveling across 3 time zones to do it, the Bengals rested their starters and the Bengals have already beaten this team this season (and that was before Burrow turned on the after burners).

The only things we have to contend with is the scary pass rush (Crosby vs our RT is going to be a rough day) and the fact that the Raiders are potentially coming in on a high from two odds defying wins to make the playoffs when it looked like their season was dead in the water following the losses to Washington and KC and the barely win against the Browns' practice squad.

The voice in the back of my head is still convinced we'll lose, but I need to fight through that and realize that this team is really good and we should win on Saturday.

I do tend to be a pessimist, though I believe I'm less pessimistic than realistic.

Raiders looked very good last night.  Better than the team we barely beat.

Our offensive line is decimated - and not particularly strong in the first place.

But there was no way I thought we could match up with the Chiefs.  And our awesome leader, his amazing wide receivers and the fire in the belly I see with Uzomah and other players (including Daniels who was definitely ready for prime time yesterday) gives me a lot of hope.

So put all those factors together and I'll go with the Bengals pulling this out 28 - 27.

That's my gut prediction versus my realistic one.

Can't wait to see them play this!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
By the way, Brandon Staley is a complete idiot for calling that timeout.. The raiders were content letting the clock run out.. What a moron...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:29 AM)Tony Wrote: By the way, Brandon Staley is a complete idiot for calling that timeout.. The raiders were content letting the clock run out.. What a moron...

That was such a Marvin Lewis thing to do. Marvin had to be in Staley's headset.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:26 AM)jason Wrote: All of that "no playoff win in 30 years" shit ends Saturday...

I'm with you and it would be super nice to end it. It's time to put our fan perceived and actual failures of the '90s and first 20 years of the 2000s behind us. Get a playoff win and start becoming a team the opposition fears throughout the season and in the post season. It is time for Zac + Burrow + Chase = jealousy from fans of other teams. I want fans of other teams viewing the Bengals as the league villians stemming from Burrow dancing in the locker room with cigar in mouth year-after-year because we're winning big and winning Super Bowls. Move over Hoodie and Brady, enter Zac, Burrow, and Chase.
Reply/Quote
COVID may determine a lot of these playoff games.

Btw, I am on my third go around with this C-19 sh!t and it most certainly isn't any fun.
Reply/Quote
24 - 13 Bengals
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:26 AM)3wt Wrote: I do tend to be a pessimist, though I believe I'm less pessimistic than realistic.

Raiders looked very good last night.  Better than the team we barely beat.

Our offensive line is decimated - and not particularly strong in the first place.

But there was no way I thought we could match up with the Chiefs.  And our awesome leader, his amazing wide receivers and the fire in the belly I see with Uzomah and other players (including Daniels who was definitely ready for prime time yesterday) gives me a lot of hope.

So put all those factors together and I'll go with the Bengals pulling this out 28 - 27.

That's my gut prediction versus my realistic one.

Can't wait to see them play this!

Did you watch the game last night or just look at the stats? Because, watching the game, I actually came away thinking the Raiders looked really bad. They got a ton of really, really important penalties that extended drives and several of them were penalties that were either total flops (The DPI in the end zone) or really ticky tacky/inconsequential (Owosu's "Defensive holding" which was really just chipping Renfrow off the line, which changed a 3rd and goal miss into a 1st and goal and eventual touchdown, ineligible man downfield negated a huge gain for the Chargers in overtime). Their first touchdown was due to the Chargers' punt returner being a fool and their touchdown before the half relied on a fluky as shit third and 23 conversion from an HB draw (the Chargers D in shambles on that one) AND the uncatchable DPI. Carr also missed at least 4 open deep passes/high value 3rd down conversion passes that would have made their lives much easier. Their defense gave up 15 points in the final 8 minutes, allowed 5 or 6 4th down conversions in a row to allow the tie and couldn't get Herbert on the ground at all in that final quarter and OT period. They also had some really lucky turnover situations. Carr was stripped in the 4th quarter and a Charger (#93) fell on it, only for a Raider to somehow snatch it right out of the #93's hands. Plus, the Chargers went for it on 4th and 1 from their own 18 yard line and didn't make it, but the Raiders could only get a FG out of it. #39 of the Raiders also got away with, at least, 2 DPIs in the end zone.

I was more afraid of the Raiders before I watched that game because they just looked like they fell ass backwards into a win rather than earning it. But, hey, a win is a win. Hopefully, their luck runs out against us.
Reply/Quote
I'll also predict a Bengals win.
27-21.
Tiger
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:36 AM)Science Friction Wrote: COVID may determine a lot of these playoff games.

Btw, I am on my third go around with this C-19 sh!t and it most certainly isn't any fun.

Get well my friend....

I think the final score will be the determining factor though. All kidding aside, I hope we remain relatively unscathed for a month or so. Doesnt seem likely though. It's everywhere at the moment.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Our defense shuts down raiders, our line plays well o give us some big plays. 24-10..WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
32-29 Bengals in overtime
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:52 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Bengals 24-17. I think it’ll be tough. The first game was a lot closer than people on here seem to remember. One score game in the 4th qtr with less than 150 passing yards. This could be a bad weather game which I think favors us. Shorter week for them and we rested our starters.

If COVID issues persist we could easily lose this one, but even if healthy their pass rushers could kill burrow. Philon or whatever his name was got carted off yesterday and he was killing it in the middle of their D line so him missing the game would be a boost.

I think/hope we get our first win but this game should be close and a tough out for the good guys even under the best circumstances.

Definitely what I was thinking as well.  That first game was actually quite close.  Derek Carr imploded late with an interception and fumble, which really helped.  Also, penalties we were 1/5 and they were 7/77.  The offense beyond Mixon was pretty stale as we couldn't throw on them at all.  I don't see Joe having time to throw in this one because of the entire right side of our line is a mess.  This game will go on the back of Joe Mixon.  We are 7-2 when rushing for over 100 yards and 3-5 when we don't.

This is going to be a very tough matchup and I hope they don't look past the Raiders because of the score from last time.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:46 AM)Science Friction Wrote: As long as Marvin Lewis(or that crazy Staley guy from last night) doesn't walk onto the Bengals' sideline and start calling timeouts, I like the Bengals by two to three scores over the Oakland... I mean, Los Angeles... I mean, Las Vegas...  Raiders.   BO BLOWS!  WHO DEY!

Maybe lets not bring bad karma our way lol. Besides, who hates Bo Jackson? Did you ever play Tecmo Bowl? Dude was a cheat code.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:53 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Maybe lets not bring bad karma our way lol. Besides, who hates Bo Jackson? Did you ever play Tecmo Bowl? Dude was a cheat code.

He was no Cap Boso.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He was no Cap Boso.

Fair point!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:36 AM)Science Friction Wrote: COVID may determine a lot of these playoff games.

Quit hanging out with Lamar.
Reply/Quote
4,000,733-0 in Overtime! Bengals win!  Who Dey 0-0 before OT..  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: 4,000,733-0 in Overtime! Bengals win!  Who Dey 0-0 before OT..  Smirk

Even when that happens the national media will be like "Let's talk about Big Ben's last game, instead!"
Reply/Quote