Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Raiders at Bengals Play-Off Game Predictions
(01-11-2022, 01:02 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They signed Reiff. Drafted Carman in second. Jonathan Williams #10 best LT per PFF. I don’t disagree the OL this year needs to be the draft focus. But fixing the defense was important too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. And Spain turned out to be a gem and there was a certain confidence that Hopkins would be a solid center once he recovered. On the other hand, even with the many defensive pieces acquired, the defense is ranked only 17th in scoring, whereas the offense is ranked 7th. But, yes, we would all love a strong offensive line that can control the line of scrimmage and keep a clean pocket. 
Reply/Quote
I predict a close game for 3+ quarters, with the good guys making it a two score lead in the fourth before the defense ices it with a huge takeaway reminiscent of the game in November.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 07:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: Agreed. And Spain turned out to be a gem and there was a certain confidence that Hopkins would be a solid center once he recovered. On the other hand, even with the many defensive pieces acquired, the defense is ranked only 17th in scoring, whereas the offense is ranked 7th. But, yes, we would all love a strong offensive line that can control the line of scrimmage and keep a clean pocket. 

We drafted three OL and signed Reiff. All three drafted OL have at minimum flashed big ability - the issue is they are all pretty green and need time to develop. I expect we will add a vet G and C in Free Agency so a line injury doesn't unbalance everything and likely also we go OT in Rd 1 to get our bookend RT. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:54 AM)kevin Wrote: A light SNOW predicted for Saturday morning. That puts stadium crew to work, but field should be great by game time. No SNOW predicted for game at this point. However it will be in the 20's for this game. The game will start in over cast cloud cover daylight as sun going down around 4:30 start. This will be mostly a lights on Night Game and it will be COLD off Ohio River at 20 degrees dropping into teens as game ends around 8 PM. In Ohio January, this is a Cold Night Game. The SNOW is suppose to be in morning, not night. Now how slippery this makes the turf is a question.

Normally Odds Makers favor The Northern Cold Team a little over The Warm Weather Team in such a Winters Game.

It will be no Freezer Bowl, but Ohio River could make 20 feel much colder. The wind isn't suppose to bad though. Just one very cold early evening off the Ohio River in January. It's good the SNOW is coming in morning before the game, and not during game. Bengals trying to hit receivers in the snow might not be Bengals at their Best. The conditions sound like Bengals should be able to be On Their Game.

Now the 49ers at Bengals was flexed to such a start time, but the weather wasn't bad from what I remember. This should be the coldest game mostly in dark under lights for either of these teams in 2021. The game may start in the light but not for long. Cloud Cover at 4:30 in Ohio in January means it will be not much sun at kick-off and an early night time. Most or all of game will be under The Lights as 20s drop into teens. Hopefully the SNOW is in morning and not later in game.

GO BENGALS

This is the ideal weather, imo. Snow would hinder our explosiveness. We're used to cold weather, but Las Vegas is not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 06:30 PM)attyla Wrote: lol, here we go:

Carr around 270 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 fumble
Burrows around 180 yards 1 touchdown

Close game going into the fourth.  Final Raiders 17 Bengals 14

so let it be written, so let it be so

But knowing our luck, Burrows breaks his own record and my remote is left embedded in the middle of my TV screen

Maybe after Saturday Raiders fans will know our quarterback's last name.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 30 Raiders 20.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I really REALLY want to tell some people who are predicting the Bengals to blow out the Raiders to take a step back and relax a bit. 

I checked out the Raiders defense this year. 2 key stats popped out at me. I highlighted them below

[Image: Screenshot-199.png]

As you can see, they do not let up any big plays on the ground, or through the air. It's difficult to move the ball on them. 

And this is with playing Mahomes and Herbert twice a year

What hurts their defensive stats all together though, and especially their scoring defense, is the fact that they're dead last in interceptions. Only 6 on the year. Very odd.

Im not afraid to say, that, to me, this is a honorary top 10 defense the Bengals are going up against, and Gus Bradley is one of the best DC's in the league
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:16 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I really REALLY want to tell some people who are predicting the Bengals to blow out the Raiders to take a step back and relax a bit. 

I checked out the Raiders defense this year. 2 key stats popped out at me. I highlighted them below

[Image: Screenshot-199.png]

As you can see, they do not let up any big plays on the ground, or through the air. It's difficult to move the ball on them. 

And this is with playing Mahomes and Herbert twice a year

What hurts their defensive stats all together though, and especially their scoring defense, is the fact that they're dead last in interceptions. Only 6 on the year. Very odd.

Im not afraid to say that, to me, this is a honorary top 10 defense the Bengals are going up against, and Gus Bradley is one of the best DC's in the league

They are 26 in points allowed. I think they are also upside down in point differential. So that’s in our favor.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They are 26 in points allowed. So that’s in our favor.

did you even read what I said?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:23 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: did you even read what I said?

Yeah I was just reiterating
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Here's the Bengals defense for comparison
[Image: Screenshot-201.png]

Other than having a "better" scoring defense(which is most likely due to have 8 more interceptions than Vegas), Bengals are inferior to Las vegas in the highlighted categories

also Bengals have allowed more yards than Vegas
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Here's the Bengals defense for comparison
[Image: Screenshot-201.png]

Other than having a "better" scoring defense(which is most likely due to have 8 more interceptions than Vegas), Bengals are inferior to Las vegas in the highlighted categories

also Bengals have allowed more yards than Vegas

Frank, you say Bengals inferior in stats you post.  Let me post some stats. 

Raiders gave up 439 Points,  Bengals gave up 376 Points.  
Raiders scored 374 Points, Bengals scored 460 Points.  
Both teams are 10 wins and 7 losses. 
Bengals beat Raiders 32 to 13 in Las Vegas is a Stat.

If anybody's stats are inferior, it is the Raiders. 

However I agree on not predicting huge blow outs in any play-off game.  This would include #2 seed Chiefs or Tampa playing #7 seeds Steelers or Eagles.   All play-off teams are dangerous.

OK, Raiders had the coaching change of Gruden and all that.  Still, 374 points scored on the season is low for a play-off team.  Over the season the Raiders struggled on offense.  Still, they won their last 4 games to make the play-offs and they come in hot.  I don't count Browns game of 2nd string much, Bengals last game of 1st string beat Chiefs, so Bengals come in hot.  

Let's go back to Raiders 374 points to Bengals 460 points.  The Bengals score like a play-off team and the Raiders don't.  The Raiders would have an impossible time keeping up through the play-offs.  If anything is inferior, it is the Raiders offense.  I would NOT trade Burrow for Carr.  I would not trade Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah for their offensive RB and pass catchers.  I think hands down the Bengals have the better offense.  

I agree with you it could be a close, hard fought game.   I DO NOT agree Bengals stats are inferior to Raiders.  You have your stats, I showed mine.  Raiders points scored this season is just awful for a play-off team.  This is not the High Powered Raiders Offense of the 1960's, 1970's or 1980's.  The stats show that Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah score far more points than Raiders score.  The Bengals Defense allows less points.  

Both teams are 10-7.   OK, say you think it will be a close game.  Just don't throw out stats saying Bengals are inferior, because Frank, it just isn't so.

Let me repeat a stat, Frank. 32 to 13. Do you know what stat 32 to 13 is Frank. That is the score of Bengals beating Raiders in Las Vegas this season. The weak Raiders offense scored one touchdown, which as you see was not enough to hang in the game. Go on NFL Schedule at watch highlights of that game. Mixon and McPherson had great games. Burrow got hot and hit many receivers. Bengals Hendrickson got Carr to fumble and Hubbard ran it back for one last McPherson field goal at end. The game was close the 1st half, and the Raiders Tight Ends gave Bengals the most trouble. McPherson and Bengals Defense kept Bengals in the game. In 2nd half Mixon got HOT and Burrow got HOT and that was all she wrote, 2nd half was all BENGALS. Perine even got into the act, the Raiders had no answer for Mixon and Perine running, and when Burrow got hot passing also, it was Katy Bar The Door. Bengals beat them by 19 points in Lost Wages, Nevada.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The weather seems to have changed. No snow Saturday morning. They don't think Winter Storm Izzy will hit Cincinnati until Sunday. So it has did the Izzy Shuffle. The weather should be around 30's into 20's, but that is Florida weather for Ohio in January. No rain or snow as of latest reports Friday morning. Those should be pretty accurate.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I won't get excited until there is a reason to. I won't make a prediction. I'll believe it when I see it. I want to believe, but I know better than to count my eggs before they hatch.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:58 AM)Adamantium Wrote: I won't get excited until there is a reason to. I won't make a prediction. I'll believe it when I see it. I want to believe, but I know better than to count my eggs before they hatch.
I've seen every Bengal Team since 1968. I have to be excited. This team has something the 2005 or 2011 to 2015 Bengals did not. Something the 1981 and 1988 teams had. Defenses can't double team like they did Chad or AJ Green. Like the 81 and 88 Bengals, the 2021 Bengals have a great QB, a great runner, and too many pass catchers to cover. If any team doubles down on Chase as teams did Chad or Green, then Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah and Mixon would eat them alive as the 81 Bengals of Anderson, Pete Johnson, Issac Curtis, Collinsworth, Verser, Dan Ross. .....Chad or Green defenses could double team and get away with it because those teams didn't have players like Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah. Mixon, and Burrow hitting the open man. SO I"M EXCITED.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I make one last prediction before kick-off. The Bengals amazingly awful NFL leading 31 years without a Play-Off Win ENDS TODAY.

It may be a close game. The Bengals at Raiders was close this year up to the last 7 minutes of the game. The Bengals Will Win, this Losing Streak will not hang over this young teams head as it did countless teams before them.

When game is over, Bengals victorious, The losing streak over. It Will indeed be a Great Day in Bengals Nation. If not for night time, rainbows would fill the sky. Perhaps on Sunday morning.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 04:49 PM)kevin Wrote: I make one last prediction before kick-off.  The Bengals amazingly awful NFL leading 31 years without a Play-Off Win ENDS TODAY.

It may be a close game. The Bengals at Raiders was close this year up to the last 7 minutes of the game.  The Bengals Will Win,  this Losing Streak will not hang over this young teams head as it did countless teams before them.

When game is over, Bengals victorious, The losing streak over.  It Will indeed be a Great Day in Bengals Nation. If not for night time, rainbows would fill the sky. Perhaps on Sunday morning.

GO BENGALS

I'm praying you are right bro!!!!!     I have watched so many playoff loses. ugh.   I do believe in this team though.  

Who Dey Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bengals should win this one.

First time ever an interim head coach has played in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is the ideal weather, imo. Snow would hinder our explosiveness. We're used to cold weather, but Las Vegas is not.

Definitely.. If the OL plays well this will be an easy win.
Reply/Quote