Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Raiders at Bengals Play-Off Game Predictions
I’ll be shopping for a new TV, from throwing things at it if we lose

Or I’ll be be buying Kleenex as I will cry like a blubbering baby if we win.

TVs are expensive, so Bengals by 5.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Great season by the Bengals. Bright future if they invest in o line

I will be happily stunned if we don’t get knocked out because of our poor o line. Maybe not this week.

I grudgingly give management lots of credit for lots of good things this year ( such as drafting Chase which I wrongly opposed) but I’ll never understand why more resources were not committed to o line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can feel myself gradually becoming more and more anxious as the week progresses as I overanalyze every tiny angle of this game.

The Bengals are the better team. If they lose, they lost as the better team. So let's hope they don't.

24-20 Bengals
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are the superior team, both offensively and defensively.

Raiders - 13
Bengals - 34
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24 raiders 17

Just hope the line can slow down the rush and Joe does not get hit every drop back.

We need him the rest of the playoffs and Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
Carr is 2-9 in cold weather games and his passing rating drops into the 70's food for thought.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It's honestly hard to predict scores with this team, but if this team is truly Superbowl ready, getting past the Raiders should not be a daunting task.

The Bengals performance against the Chiefs was very telling and confidence inspiring.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Carr is 2-9 in cold weather games and his passing rating drops into the 70's food for thought.

Makes sense. He's spent his entire playing career in California.

High School, college (Fresno State) and pros (Raiders).

Well, California, Las Vegas and a bit in Texas. No snow in any of those.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:36 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Great season by the Bengals. Bright future if they invest in o line

I will be happily stunned if we don’t get knocked out because of our poor o line. Maybe not this week.

I grudgingly give management lots of credit for lots of good things this year ( such as drafting Chase which I wrongly opposed) but I’ll never understand why more resources were not committed to o line.

They signed Reiff. Drafted Carman in second. Jonathan Williams #10 best LT per PFF. I don’t disagree the OL this year needs to be the draft focus. But fixing the defense was important too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Bengals win! 27 - 17.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 26-20.
Reply/Quote
We'll keep a TE home to mitigate their pass rushers. They can't cover all three amigos. We pass to run, more specifically throw it to get the lead, feed Mixon and Perine in the second half to salt it away. Bengals 37 Raiders 24.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
A light SNOW predicted for Saturday morning. That puts stadium crew to work, but field should be great by game time. No SNOW predicted for game at this point. However it will be in the 20's for this game. The game will start in over cast cloud cover daylight as sun going down around 4:30 start. This will be mostly a lights on Night Game and it will be COLD off Ohio River at 20 degrees dropping into teens as game ends around 8 PM. In Ohio January, this is a Cold Night Game. The SNOW is suppose to be in morning, not night. Now how slippery this makes the turf is a question.

Normally Odds Makers favor The Northern Cold Team a little over The Warm Weather Team in such a Winters Game.

It will be no Freezer Bowl, but Ohio River could make 20 feel much colder. The wind isn't suppose to bad though. Just one very cold early evening off the Ohio River in January. It's good the SNOW is coming in morning before the game, and not during game. Bengals trying to hit receivers in the snow might not be Bengals at their Best. The conditions sound like Bengals should be able to be On Their Game.

Now the 49ers at Bengals was flexed to such a start time, but the weather wasn't bad from what I remember. This should be the coldest game mostly in dark under lights for either of these teams in 2021. The game may start in the light but not for long. Cloud Cover at 4:30 in Ohio in January means it will be not much sun at kick-off and an early night time. Most or all of game will be under The Lights as 20s drop into teens. Hopefully the SNOW is in morning and not later in game.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I predict I may not go on this sites Game Day postings as if play by play as the game happens. Being the play-offs, I doubt I will want to go tappa, tappa, tappa all through this Play-Off Game. So I will post something I have mentioned in games in past, and that is Field Position. Sometimes Fans freak out wondering why Bengals are off to a slow start, and they need reminded that Bengals have started with backs to the end zone so far. It's very hard to move the ball 90 yards for a score. Field position comes into play, but Bengals should get the ball in good field position during game. When you get those turnovers and start around the 50 or better, you need to come away with points, even a field goal. Fans don't like field goals, always wanting to go for it on 4th down, but coming away with 3 is better than nothing. So as some will be posting during the game, try to remember Field Position. If Raiders make a great punt and Bengals start backs in end zone, or penalties on kick-off which happens a lot in NFL puts Bengals backs in end zone, well, hopefully that doesn't happen all game.

The game is on NBC, so Bengals Fans all over should not be asking, How Do I Watch The Game ? It's the only game on and on a major network. Since it is NBC, is that Collinsworth and ex Red announcer Al Michaels from back in 1970 to around 1973. Al and Joe on the radio. Al was no homer announcer for the Reds though. I remember he refused to be a Reds homer and he only drank water during games to have a good broadcasting voice. Of course many younger remember Al with John Madden or more lately Al with Collinsworth. Bengals Collinsworth did a great job also on WLW radio Sports Talk, but like Al Michaels moved way up the broadcasting ladder. They did not move up by being Cincinnati Homers, that is NOT their jobs on National Game Broadcasts. Some Cincy Fans don't get that. However Collinsworth might get a little excited if Bengals win, and Michaels may have to scrape him off the ceiling like a run away balloon if Bengals win. I like that the 2 Cincy guys made The Big Time in broadcasting over the years.

So far the Bengals.com did not practice list looks OK, and Bengals look good to go. Many keys players back off covid list, ready to play. So GO BENGALS in THE JUNGLE. After last 2 seasons, I would have been happy with 8 wins at start of season. Bengals won AFC NORTH that many thought Ravens or Browns would win start of season. As Vince Lombardi would tell his players, " Now in Play-Offs, dig down deeper and give me More. You've played well, Now play even better ". The Packers wondered how they could play even better, but they said Lombardi was right, in crunch time in big money games, they found an extra something in the gas tank to Get It Done.

GO BENGALS....Everybody is talking about Crosby, but I have Hope.....Bengals have Hendrickson at Defensive End, so Crosby isn't the Lone Ranger in this game. ...Sadly there will be a lot of Raiders Fans in The Jungle. The whole Hells Angels and then the Rap Music Thing. As if putting on a Raiders hat makes you a Rapper. But this isn't Oakland, LA or Las Vegas, so I hope they have a losers trip home to Lost Wages, Nevada. It could be a Close Game, if so, I like Bengals Field Goal Kicker they drafted. I like Bengals Defense more than Raiders. I would not trade Bengals receivers , Mixon or Burrow for what Raiders have. Still, Raiders are a Play-Off team and The Play-Offs are all good teams. I hope Bengals do win easy, but if it is close, that kicker Bengals drafted is huge, plus I like Huber, Bengals best punter ever, he has earned that. I like our Kicking Game.

Also, Madden is NOT coaching in this game, and neither is Paul Brown. So I hope they focus on the game, and don't fall into a Madden funeral celebration in this as TV likes to do. Madden and Paul Brown aren't in this game. I hope TV Network can lay off that jazz and cover the players and coaches actually in this game. Madden and Paul Brown have not coached these teams since 1970's era, so I hope the Media can lay off that stuff, and cover the game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

How Zac Taylor and the Bengals offense got the ability to adjust on the fly

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/01/12/zac-taylor-and-has-cincinnati-bengals-football-able-adjust-fly/9159757002/
Reply/Quote
lol, here we go:

Carr around 270 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 fumble
Burrows around 180 yards 1 touchdown

Close game going into the fourth. Final Raiders 17 Bengals 14

so let it be written, so let it be so

But knowing our luck, Burrows breaks his own record and my remote is left embedded in the middle of my TV screen
Reply/Quote
We start slow AGAIN, fall behind 10 - 0 , but come back and win it 27 -13. Defense pulls another 3 pts in the second half. Lou finally gets the game ball.

The city of Cinci goes wild, the media goes wild, NFC teams start prepping for us foreseeing us in the S Bowl.

That's my prediction.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 06:30 PM)attyla Wrote: lol, here we go:

Close game going into the fourth.  Final Raiders 17 Bengals 14

But knowing our luck, Burrows breaks his own record and my remote is left embedded in the middle of my TV screen

I think Bengals win it, but I wouldnt be surprised if Burrow gets 1 or 2 INTs. Not gonna be an easy game, unless it turns out to be one.

First wild card games tend to be lopsided. Not always, but usually.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 06:30 PM)attyla Wrote: lol, here we go:

Close game going into the fourth.  Final Raiders 17 Bengals 14

I'm sorry, who? 

Look, it took us long enough to teach our own fanbase his last name, please don't add to our work LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I predict there's not a snowballs chance in hell that I will ever go pay money to sit in a freezing cold stadium to watch much of anything much less football. I don't even like going to check the mail when it's even below 50 much less 20.. I have predicted..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote