Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Raiders at Bengals Play-Off Game Predictions
(01-10-2022, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even when that happens the national media will be like "Let's talk about Big Ben's last game, instead!"

It’s about ratings, baby

That’s why they gave the Steelers the Sunday night spot, despite the Steelers being the worst team in the playoffs, and possibly the worst match up. It’s going to be a total blow out. IF refs don’t interfere
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31-20 Although Crosby,and this defensive line of the Raiders concerns me.He is a potential game wrecker.Hope they have a good game plan.Extra O-lineman? Extre TE? This OL is definitely going to have some help.I watched the game the Raiders played against the Chargers last night.Candidate for game of the year IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even when that happens the national media will be like "Let's talk about Big Ben's last game, instead!"

It will be damn near unwatchable because of all the slobbering they're going to be doing over Ben.  The KC board will be interesting to monitor.

When will they shut up already about Ben?  They're not even talking about Patty!

Welcome to our every Steeler game.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Probably won't get this, but I want an absolute thumping. Like 28-0 by halftime.

Only thing better than a playoff win would be a comfortable playoff win.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It will be damn near unwatchable because of all the slobbering they're going to be doing over Ben.  The KC board will be interesting to monitor.

When will they shut up already about Ben?  They're not even talking about Patty!

So we get two of the most insufferable fan bases in football with their teams playing in a loser goes home game…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Only pessimists would predict a loss in this game. We have the better offense, the better defense, the better QB, the home field advantage, the Raiders are coming off an extremely hard fought, emotionally and physically draining game against a division rival on Sunday night and need to play Saturday afternoon, they are traveling across 3 time zones to do it, the Bengals rested their starters and the Bengals have already beaten this team this season (and that was before Burrow turned on the after burners).

The only things we have to contend with is the scary pass rush (Crosby vs our RT is going to be a rough day) and the fact that the Raiders are potentially coming in on a high from two odds defying wins to make the playoffs when it looked like their season was dead in the water following the losses to Washington and KC and the barely win against the Browns' practice squad.

The voice in the back of my head is still convinced we'll lose, but I need to fight through that and realize that this team is really good and we should win on Saturday.

I thought the same thing in 2013, except we were undefeated at home that year.

The optimism from even the bigger pessimists is encouraging though.

Bengals win a close one 24-20.
Reply/Quote
The story here is going to be how ZT and company scheme up the blocking to neutralize Crosby. It can be done, remember they also had a blocking plan that made TJ Watt disappear. Also Zac needs to “let Joe cook”, trying to force fit the offense into a specific plan does not seem to work. Defensively we have a far stronger defensive front than the Chargers did and a decent secondary too. We should be able to get pressure and also stop the run, making the Raiders pass to win.

Assuming Burrow is on, all he needs is a couple of seconds back there to use his weapons. Notice the Chiefs and Rats got pressure but Burrow torched them anyway.
Reply/Quote
I am predicting a close one but have the urge to say we blow the Raiders out but they will have a bit of salt in their wounds
after the last game where we ran all over them. I think our passing game is muchly improved with Burrow and company and
he isn't throwing interceptions now like he was earlier. Mad Maxx will sack Burrow a couple times.

Bengals - 31

Raiders - 28
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It will be damn near unwatchable because of all the slobbering they're going to be doing over Ben.  The KC board will be interesting to monitor.

They'll probably interrupt us raising our first Lombardi to interview a passed out drunk Ben on the floor of a dive bar in Alabama.
Reply/Quote
Rested starters vs OT starters on a short week. 

Warm weather team used to a dome playing outside in freezing temps. Light snow called for before kick off.

The Raiders got a lot of luck last game and got shredded in the 4th quarter by Herbert.

For all this talk of Crosby, I think this is an easier game for our OL then the Browns.  And there has been no word on Spain, he could come back.

We beat them at home 32-13 already this year.

This is only the 2nd time in 12 years the Raiders made the Playoffs. And Zac built this team around players that are used to the spotlight and big games. Both teams with little post season experience...

34-17

Joe B throws 2, Mixon runs 2, Money kicks 2. Raiders score in garbage time. WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They'll probably interrupt us raising our first Lombardi to interview a passed out drunk Ben on the floor of a dive bar in Alabama.

Burrow's Super Bowl MVP trophy will have a scratched out Ben Roethlisberger with Burrow's name written in black sharpie.
Reply/Quote
I simply don’t believe the Raiders have enough help on D to stop our offense. My big fear is a huge game from Carr which he can do. If we can defend Kelce and Hill then we better defend Renfrow and Waller.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:39 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Rested starters vs OT starters on a short week. 

Warm weather team used to a dome playing outside in freezing temps. Light snow called for before kick off.

The Raiders got a lot of luck last game and got shredded in the 4th quarter by Herbert.

For all this talk of Crosby, I think this is an easier game for our OL then the Browns.  And there has been no word on Spain, he could come back.

We beat them at home 32-13 already this year.

This is only the 2nd time in 12 years the Raiders made the Playoffs. And Zac built this team around players that are used to the spotlight and big games. Both teams with little post season experience...

34-17

Joe B throws 2, Mixon runs 2, Money kicks 2. Raiders score in garbage time. WHO DEY

The weird part was Herbert did not look that good out there either. Most of the Charger ball movement came on some wide open receivers and a little jump ball luck (and a killer iffy PI on 4th down). 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: The weird part was Herbert did not look that good out there either. Most of the Charger ball movement came on some wide open receivers and a little jump ball luck (and a killer iffy PI on 4th down). 

Justin Herbert's line on 4th down:
6 for 6, 106 yards, 17.67 ypa, 100% completion pct, 1 TD, 0 INT, 158.3 passer rating (Perfect)

Justin Herbert's line on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down:
28 for 58, 277 yards, 4.77 ypa, 48.3% completion pct, 2 TD, 1 INT, 72.27 passer rating

Justin Herbert's overall line:
34 for 64, 383 yards, 6.0 ypa, 53.1% completion pct, 3 TD, 1 INT, 80.4 passer rating

Outside of those last ditch plays, Herbert had a pretty bad game.
Reply/Quote
Given how they're emotionally exhausted from yesterday- a late game at that- and they'll have a short week... plus travel... and the fact the Bengals have been sitting at home waiting... things be looking mighty bleak for the Oakland Los Angeles Las Vegas Raiders. 30-0 in honor of the great Ickey Woods.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Only pessimists would predict a loss in this game. We have the better offense, the better defense, the better QB, the home field advantage, the Raiders are coming off an extremely hard fought, emotionally and physically draining game against a division rival on Sunday night and need to play Saturday afternoon, they are traveling across 3 time zones to do it, the Bengals rested their starters and the Bengals have already beaten this team this season (and that was before Burrow turned on the after burners).

The only things we have to contend with is the scary pass rush (Crosby vs our RT is going to be a rough day) and the fact that the Raiders are potentially coming in on a high from two odds defying wins to make the playoffs when it looked like their season was dead in the water following the losses to Washington and KC and the barely win against the Browns' practice squad.

The voice in the back of my head is still convinced we'll lose, but I need to fight through that and realize that this team is really good and we should win on Saturday.

Perfect post. We have all the advantages and shouldn't feel guilty for expecting to win.

We only feel that way due to the past...which has nothing to do with Zac or this group of players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’s about ratings, baby

That’s why they gave the Steelers the Sunday night spot, despite the Steelers being the worst team in the playoffs, and possibly the worst match up. It’s going to be a total blow out. IF refs don’t interfere

Something tells me that a herd of zebras, may be under fire later into Sunday evening.

Just a thought...not sure why...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
27-23 Bengals
Reply/Quote
Just rewatched the highlights of the previous game against the Raiders.... man what a close game. I really hope all these advantages we think we have going into Saturday is in our favor.

I'll say this their D-Line is legit and they were smoking our wide receivers at the catch nothing easy.

Think the key is getting up early and forcing Carr to pass the ball he's ripe for a mistake or two.

I know we rode Mixon like a horse the previous game but we need both Joe's in this one.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote:  IF refs don’t interfere

Of course they will interfere, it's the Steelers and the refs will be wearing black and gold under their uniform Ninja
Reply/Quote