Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapesburger retiring??
I will say this--if he goes, he takes a lot with him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm taking the other side on this one, I think he is considering it. He will be 35 in March and is always hurts. Guys today are starting to retire earlier it seems, especially guys who are hurt often. AB could be on his way out based on all of the locker room issues going on and Bell wants paid top money but is always hurt. Cap will be an issue here soon for them as these skill guys all want paid meaning the band will break up sooner than later. I think he is actually considering it, but I'm not sure he does it. I think it is coming within the next couple years though.

With the money Bell probably wants, AB's propensity to be a dumbass, and a defense that seems to not live up to its hype. Ben might be sensing its a good time to exit stage right, hes got a few rings, and he'll never beat out Brady. Why not retire? Although they've still got a good enough team to make another run.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:26 PM)McC Wrote: I will say this--if he goes, he takes a lot with him.

I don't know it this would set Pittsburgh back into the dark ages, but it does cause some turmoil within the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Agreed. He has sustained a lot of major injuries if I was him I would consider it. He kind of struck me as one of the players who would play until the wheels fell off though.

Maybe he's not as dumb as we made him out to be.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:47 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't know it this would set Pittsburgh back into the dark ages, but it does cause some turmoil within the AFCN.

Basically, in the NFL, you're only as good as your QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Oh he isn't retiring guys.  No way will the NFL want one of their golden boys go out like that.  No sir.  No, he'll retire when the NFL gifts him another Super Bowl.  I think next year or the year after.  Whenever the top NFL execs want the steAlers to 'win' another title.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
"I'm going to take some time and evaluate with my family and just do a lot of praying about it and make sure it's the right thing for me and my family," Ben said.

Praying for what a passed out 21 year old college girl that won't remember anything in the morning?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Putting the final chapters together for the NY Times bestseller: "A NFL Tough Guy: The Ben Roehtlisberger Story".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Oh he isn't retiring guys.  No way will the NFL want one of their golden boys go out like that.  No sir.  No, he'll retire when the NFL gifts him another Super Bowl.  I think next year or the year after.  Whenever the top NFL execs want the steAlers to 'win' another title.

I do sometimes wonder about Peyton's Broncos last season
... But I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. They didn't do it for Favre, I doubt they'd do it for the rapist
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 04:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Putting the final chapters together for the NY Times bestseller:  "A NFL Tough Guy:  The Ben Roehtlisberger Story".

Oh im sure hes already got a book deal lined up. Something im sure that conveys him as the toughest SOB to put on cleats.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 04:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Oh im sure hes already got a book deal lined up. Something im sure that conveys him as the toughest SOB to put on cleats.

"Just another thing to add to my Resume. I said I was going to retire. But I didn't, and played another year. Hardly anyone does that, when they are ready to retire - they do. I pushed through it, and went another year."
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 04:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Oh im sure hes already got a book deal lined up. Something im sure that conveys him as the toughest SOB to put on cleats.

(01-24-2017, 04:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: "Just another thing to add to my Resume. I said I was going to retire. But I didn't, and played another year. Hardly anyone does that, when they are ready to retire - they do. I pushed through it, and went another year."

LMAO....sounds about right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 04:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: "Just another thing to add to my Resume. I said I was going to retire. But I didn't, and played another year. Hardly anyone does that, when they are ready to retire - they do. I pushed through it, and went another year."

We should pin a medal on that mans chest!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 04:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I do sometimes wonder about Peyton's Broncos last season
... But I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. They didn't do it for Favre, I doubt they'd do it for the rapist

Manning had very little to do with the Broncos' title last season.
Reply/Quote
reuben.ahmed Wrote:"Just another thing to add to my Resume. I said I was going to retire. But I didn't, and played another year. Hardly anyone does that, when they are ready to retire - they do. I pushed through it, and went another year."

"...because I'm a mighty, mighty warrior..."
Reply/Quote
The new Brett Favre.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:49 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Maybe he's not as dumb as we made him out to be.

A few more concussions and he'll probably be dumb enough to play himself into a body bag.
Reply/Quote
The mere thought of the possibility of this has to be sending utter panic throughout Steeler nation.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 04:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I do sometimes wonder about Peyton's Broncos last season

Favre isn't exactly known to be a "company" man.  Plus he played for the Vikings at the end, not the Commish's favorite team. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm taking the other side on this one, I think he is considering it. He will be 35 in March and is always hurts. Guys today are starting to retire earlier it seems, especially guys who are hurt often. AB could be on his way out based on all of the locker room issues going on and Bell wants paid top money but is always hurt. Cap will be an issue here soon for them as these skill guys all want paid meaning the band will break up sooner than later. I think he is actually considering it, but I'm not sure he does it. I think it is coming within the next couple years though.

I totally agree, I do think he will consider retiring.. and we come out and stay next year is his last season at some point... 
Reply/Quote