Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapesburger retiring??
He's not really retiring. This is just a ploy to get management to make some changes. Possibly coaching changes.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Favre didn't try to upstage the Super Bowl by talking about his retirement though. He waited till after the two teams that should be getting the headlines played the game. Not worried one bit about if he is really going to do, just see it as a low class move from a low class guy to try and steal headlines for the Falcons and Patriots.

Favre mentioned he went through the same process.  If someone themselves as been in the same situation, then I value their input, so I mentioned it.  

Guess I see it as nothing more than an athlete having an honest moment after losing late in the season.  The media took it from there.  He'll be back.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Heard he wants to coach JR High football...   Girls are younger there.

Alright alright alright......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gotta love it when a Jungle Noise cluster#%*$ gets transferred to smack. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 09:54 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He's not really retiring. This is just a ploy to get management to make some changes. Possibly coaching changes.

He's lucky I'm not management, I'd call his bluff.  Doesn't he have to pay them like 20+ mil if he retires?  I'd just kick back and say, *****, pay me or fulfill that contract. LMAO

Reply/Quote
I'm surprised none of you mentioned this because to me it's obvious as hell; Ben wants a coaching change and this is his leverage to get one. Ben used to call Cowher out for playing "not to lose". He's now come to the firm conclusion, and based on the abortion of Sunday's game plan I'm forced to agree, that the current Steelers coaching staff is not competent enough to win another SB unless the cards fall perfectly. I for one hope he is successful, the sheer stupidity of the game plan in the AFCCG goes beyond incompetence and into the realm of the willfully idiotic. Even post game Tomlin sees no issues with the game plan, just execution of the game plan. Dumb as a bag of hammers.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 09:06 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Gotta love it when a Jungle Noise cluster#%*$ gets transferred to smack. Mellow

We're just trying to improve this place. JN leftovers is a huge upgrade, honestly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're just trying to improve this place. JN leftovers is a huge upgrade, honestly.

Ooooohhhh schnap! LMAO

Reply/Quote
As was mentioned Ben is doing this to get the Goony's to fire Tomlin. Ben is tired of the too conservative play calling.
Ben, as we know, is a top five QB in the NFL despite playing with one arm tied behind his back. If he had a aggressive
offensive coach or was allowed to call his own plays, he would by far be the best QB in the league, period.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:22 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: As was mentioned Ben is doing this to get the Goony's to fire Tomlin. Ben is tired of the too conservative play calling.
Ben, as we know, is a top five QB in the NFL despite playing with one arm tied behind his back. If he had a aggressive
offensive coach or was allowed to call his own plays, he would by far be the best QB in the league, period.

They seem to throw a lot.  They go for it on fourth down, they take deep shots, go for two.  They don't look all that conservative.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:28 PM)McC Wrote: They seem to throw a lot.  They go for it on fourth down, they take deep shots, go for two.  They don't look all that conservative.

They sure as shit did on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Ben is mad about the types of plays that Haley calls more than anything. They should fire Haley and let Ben call his own plays. He is a master at dissecting defenses. He would be unstoppable. The league would have to pass some rule to try and stop him.
As a side note, if Ben were to retire the HOF would forgo the 5 year waiting period and put him in the HOF right away. His bust is already made and waiting to be put on display.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 07:21 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Ben is mad about the types of plays that Haley calls more than anything. They should fire Haley and let Ben call his own plays. He is a master at dissecting defenses. He would be unstoppable. The league would have to pass some rule to try and stop him.
As a side note, if Ben were to retire the HOF would forgo the 5 year waiting period and put him in the HOF right away. His bust is already made and waiting to be put on display.
Is his bust a B or C cup?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 09:06 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Gotta love it when a Jungle Noise cluster#%*$ gets transferred to smack.   Mellow

I think it was in AFC North Chatter actually.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Hasn't he had some of his best years under Haley? They did make it to the AFC Championship game. Yes I know "This is Pittsbugh and we win Super Bowls!!!!!!".
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 10:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Hasn't he had some of his best years under Haley?  They did make it to the AFC Championship game.  Yes I know "This is Pittsbugh and we win Super Bowls!!!!!!".

Haley is the only reason Ben hasn't been broken in half by now. He easily added 3-5 years to Ben's career.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
[Image: 2a6z8nuz79hai266g.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 08:57 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: [Image: 2a6z8nuz79hai266g.jpg]

ballsofsteel's face as he's being defiled from the rear by ben.
Reply/Quote
It's an interesting development.

To all those saying "he's just fishing for attention", look at what else he's said in recent interviews.

What stands out is how he threw his teammates under the bus for not being ready in big moments when they got smacked around by the Pats.

Ben is a competitor, no doubt. I think him retiring is more about frustration towards his team than he is letting on. If Martavius Bryant didn't go AWOL after the game of his life (Denver) the game would've been much closer.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're just trying to improve this place. JN leftovers is a huge upgrade, honestly.

Improve?

Smack Talk has been a group therapy session given how the big 3 performed this year, even Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote