Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Rate Bengals Draft
(04-25-2020, 07:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: I give it a B+.  Burrow was a no brainer.  Higgins was a 1st round talent they got in the 2nd.  Where it kind of falls off for me is the 3rd.  I like Wilson, but I really felt Josh Jones would have been a great developmental T for the future and the way the draft fell with them landing ADG and Bailey on Day 3, it just seemed like overkill at LB.  Anarumo even said in his interview for the Kareem pick that we were going to be in some form of nickel with 4 down linemen 70% of the time.  I like the players,just feel they could have put a better combination together.

Bengal's coaches had bird's eye view of Jones at the Senior Bowl and must have saw something they did not like.  That is my only guess.  Plus, PA said Bengals should have taken him... so there is that...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:22 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Was hoping for another TE....I think Randy Moss's Kid, Thadeus didnt get drafted?? Burrow may lobby to sign him as FA.   

Moss still not drafted, nor has Hunter Bryant.  around 14 players to go in draft though
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:12 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: D+.. Burrow is about it.. Tee Higgins knows how to play the football.

I know right? If only we would have also got Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, and Isaiah Simmons to fill some holes. I don't get why they wouldn't have traded Dalton and Price to get those extra picks......
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengal's coaches had bird's eye view of Jones at the Senior Bowl and must have saw something they did not like.  That is my only guess.  Plus, PA said Bengals should have taken him... so there is that...

Yes

Great point about the Senior Bowl and yeah, don't take him if PA recommended it lol
Reply/Quote
If I had to give it a grade, I'd say easily an A. We got the QB. We got a hell of a prospect at WR. We then followed up with 2 very good LB's to add to what was easily our weakest position group, throw in Bailey in the 7th and you have to think we have the players now at the lb core to help keep TE and RB's in check. Even if we hit on one or two of them it's a big boost. Adding a solid rotational guy along the line and then the OT/OG in the sixth and this is the best draft I've seen as a fan. I still would like to see us address the offensive line in some capacity, maybe try to get Thuney from NE or Gabe Jackson from LV or maybe even Peters on a 1 or 2 year deal.
Reply/Quote
Solid B. Hard to mess up the Burrow pick. Felt like they had to get offensive line help in 2nd or 3rd round for this to be an A draft and they failed to do so. I know the entire roster couldn’t be fixed in one draft, but I’d rather be worried about holes at LB as opposed to the offensive line with Burrow being the future of the franchise.

Likewise, Baltimore blew this draft out of the water. Dobbins in that offense is unfair. If Lamar Jackson shows up in postseason, they may beat KC this year. Also liked what Cleveland did as well, but I’m gonna bank on Cleveland being Cleveland and still ending up 6-10.
Reply/Quote
B+

I hate the Kareem pick
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Burrow is a clear upgrade over Dalton - A
Higgins drops Ross to the #4 WR and he should be more reliable with his routes and hands and staying healthy than Ross - A
Three new LBers - A

Waiting until the 6th round to get OL help (getting no help would have been an F), but with so many holes it's hard to upgrade them all in one off-season - D

With 7 picks the Bengals did very good at upgrading positions on the team with guys who should be better than what was there.

B+ is my grade

It was miles better than last year's draft.

My grade for the off-season as a whole would an A.

Reply/Quote
Solid A.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Ask me again in 4 years. I like the potential a lot.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:28 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Solid B. Hard to mess up the Burrow pick. Felt like they had to get offensive line help in 2nd or 3rd round for this to be an A draft and they failed to do so. I know the entire roster couldn’t be fixed in one draft, but I’d rather be worried about holes at LB as opposed to the offensive line with Burrow being the future of the franchise.

Likewise, Baltimore blew this draft out of the water. Dobbins in that offense is unfair.  If Lamar Jackson shows up in postseason, they may beat KC this year. Also liked what Cleveland did as well, but I’m gonna bank on Cleveland being Cleveland and still ending up 6-10.

Yeah, I do think the Ratbirds had a fantastic Draft and FA. Will take a bit to overcome that team who might be the best in 
all of football at this point besides the Chiefs and 49ers. Dobbins scares me but just so glad we saw that LB was our biggest
weakness on Defense and we addressed it big time with Bynes in FA along with this Draft and getting Reader to help free up
our Linebackers. Think Kareem will help freeing up the players behind him as well with his lane discipline and great hands.

(04-25-2020, 07:29 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: B+

I hate the Kareem pick

Why? He got injured last year which is the only reason he fell, he is special with his hands and lane discipline.

This is something that is severely overlooked and people only want the player that makes blow up plays.

These are the type of players that make it easier for the rest. I like the Kareem pick a lot and he is another leader.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I do think the Ratbirds had a fantastic Draft and FA. Will take a bit to overcome that team who might be the best in 
all of football at this point besides the Chiefs and 49ers. Dobbins scares me but just so glad we saw that LB was our biggest
weakness on Defense and we addressed it big time with Bynes in FA along with this Draft and getting Reader to help free up
our Linebackers. Think Kareem will help freeing up the players behind him as well with his lane discipline and great hands.

Why? He got injured last year which is the only reason he fell, he is special with his hands and lane discipline.

This is something that is severely overlooked and people only want the player that makes blow up plays.

These are the type of players that make it easier for the rest. I like the Kareem pick a lot and he is another leader.

Bradley Anea was still available. Better prospect IMO
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What's not to like?

*Best QB prospect since Drew Luck.
*Big time receiver who grew up idolizing A.J.
*Offense early, then went hard after weakest position group
*LB's who can not only tackle but RUN and COVER
*Six out of seven players chosen were captains. Character is talent.

I kept waiting for a Drew Sample pick but it never came. (For the record, he still may be good; give him a chance).

Of course I would have liked an OL earlier than 6, but you can't solve everything through the draft. Free agency isn't over yet.

A Dalton trade for an additional 4 would have taken this to another level. Today I give it an A. But ask me again in 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Bradley Anea was still available. Better prospect IMO

Thought so myself before knowing Anea loves to cliff dive into the ocean and pet sharks who are he said like dogs.

He made a bad mistake saying and showing that stuff. I saw that dive where he barely missed the rocks.

Just nuts man, doesn't sound like a guy committed to his football career at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If burrow pans out it’s an A+, any other contributors is just gravy.

Does anyone else remember who the colts drafted outside if manning?  How about the packers when they drafted Rodgers?
I never thought about those drafts, but that's a good point.

I think Tee Higgins could also become memorable as an All-Pro that came in with Burrow.

(04-25-2020, 07:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: I give it a B+.  Burrow was a no brainer.  Higgins was a 1st round talent they got in the 2nd.  Where it kind of falls off for me is the 3rd.  I like Wilson, but I really felt Josh Jones would have been a great developmental T for the future and the way the draft fell with them landing ADG and Bailey on Day 3, it just seemed like overkill at LB.  Anarumo even said in his interview for the Kareem pick that we were going to be in some form of nickel with 4 down linemen 70% of the time.  I like the players,just feel they could have put a better combination together.

That makes me question the three backers pick even more.  I understand needing four with the switch to the 3-4, but we have ends that can play OLB in the 3-4.  I guess we do need competition and depth, but I just thought we could go elsewhere, especially ignoring offensive line until our 6th pick.  

If we can get Moss as a free agent at TE, I'll feel a little better about this draft, but there's 31 other teams in the league (not every team is looking for a TE, I know).

Overall, I'll give it a B with the possibility for an A+ if Adenji works out because I think we needed to go offensive line earlier, but I think Higgins could become a big name with Burrow and also picking up Moss would push it over the top.  
Reply/Quote
Got to Love Pete who is one of two members of the media establishment (the other being Mel Kiper) that frequently lauds the Bengals...

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Why is Brady Quinn laughing that off? The little *****. Whatever
Reply/Quote
C

As in I don't know til I see them on the field. Loved the first 2 picks for sure.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine grading a draft that gives you a star at QB, WR and completely rebuilds a decrepit linebacker Corp as anything less than an A.

If they all bust, then the grade goes down but you could say that about literally any draft class.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:12 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: D+.. Burrow is about it.. Tee Higgins knows how to play the football.

Holy shit...up your meds my man.

As far as a grade? Idk maybe A-/B+? I love the Burrow (obviously), Higgins, and ADG picks, and like Wilson. Don’t feel too strongly about any of the 5-7 picks one way or the other. My least favorite is probably the DE from Notre Damn, but not a big deal.

Much better than last year, that’s for sure. No Sample type reaches that make you want to bang your head against the wall.

Reply/Quote