Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Rate Bengals Draft
Because we got the Kansas OT at top of 6, which is like a Pick 5. And because we got 3 Linebackers. and a Notre Dame DE. and Burrow and a WR by pick 33.

I give it an A....We got LB tackling and we did add a blocker to O Line.

Had we not got an O Lineman not as good, But we did get an O Lineman almost a pick 5 at top of 6.

This is an A type draft addressing weak areas and bringing in Burrow plus a WR he has been working out with in off season per ESPN

An A to Bengals draft. Players added to get back to winning.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
B to B-.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really hate "grading" a draft class, before we get a chance to see how well these players pan out, and fit into our system. At face value? I give it an A-

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A - Potential high level Starters with the first 3 picks. Great Value with the remaining picks. Especially like the 6/7 round picks.
Reply/Quote
I have it as an A-

Drafting oline late and Injury concerns to bailey made it a minus. Time will tell but this looks to be a very solid draft. Between FA and the draft this team looks much better today than it did when they walked off the field week 17 of last season.

Reply/Quote
If burrow pans out it’s an A+, any other contributors is just gravy.

Does anyone else remember who the colts drafted outside if manning? How about the packers when they drafted Rodgers?
Reply/Quote
A-/B+

First 4 rounds went really strong. Got some good depth late in the draft. If half our LBs work out its an easy A, if we whiff on the LBs...then itd be a B. But its hard to evaluate a draft until years later. I don't feel like Cincy reached for anyone, and they really showed dedication to solving the LB issue after snagging Burrow/Higgins early.
Reply/Quote
I love getting 6 of the 7 picks as Captains, so we got leaders. Also like that the coaches only took a gamble in the 7th
round on a player coming off injury in Bailey cause he was just so damn good when healthy. Glad they didn't go after
Muti over Adeniji cause of Muti's significant injury history.

Honestly cannot go any less than an A. I don't see the minus in the 7th round and I like the Kareem pick with his great
hands, smarts and the way he clogs lanes and he has a pass rush. The only things I can complain about is Kareem was
injured last year but that is a big reason he fell as far as he did. So not a minus really.

A
Reply/Quote
A+ for grabbing Burrow. I like the Higgins pick & the 3rd and 4th round LB selections seem solid. Let's hope these guys all turn into quality NFL players!
Reply/Quote
D+.. Burrow is about it.. Tee Higgins knows how to play the football.
Reply/Quote
This is an easy A. Four players are plug in starters and potential for 2 others to become starters over time.
Reply/Quote
This is the only Bengal draft in years, I mean YEARS, that did not have a head scratching pick or where I went into a rage over a quirky pick. YEARS!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I give it a B+. Burrow was a no brainer. Higgins was a 1st round talent they got in the 2nd. Where it kind of falls off for me is the 3rd. I like Wilson, but I really felt Josh Jones would have been a great developmental T for the future and the way the draft fell with them landing ADG and Bailey on Day 3, it just seemed like overkill at LB. Anarumo even said in his interview for the Kareem pick that we were going to be in some form of nickel with 4 down linemen 70% of the time. I like the players,just feel they could have put a better combination together.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 06:51 PM)kevin Wrote: Because we got the Kansas OT at top of 6, which is like a Pick 5.   And because we got 3 Linebackers.  and a Notre Dame DE.  and Burrow and a WR by pick 33.  

I give it an A....We got LB tackling and we did add a blocker to O Line.  

Had we not got an O Lineman not as good, But we did get an O Lineman almost a pick 5 at top of 6.

This is an A type draft addressing weak areas and bringing in Burrow plus a WR he has been working out with in off season per ESPN

An A to Bengals draft.  Players added to get back to winning.

You buried the lede here.

We have the best player in the 2020 Draft.  Burrow = A+ Dancing
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:12 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: D+.. Burrow is about it.. Tee Higgins knows how to play the football.

Ahhh, you didn't get your injured Stenberg pick... Cry
Reply/Quote
Solid A draft.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If burrow pans out it’s an A+, any other contributors is just gravy.

Does anyone else remember who the colts drafted outside if manning?  How about the packers when they drafted Rodgers?

Nick Collins (of GB)  was having a HOF or at least borderline HOF career before his neck injury. Hopefully we can get that from our 2nd round pick. 
Reply/Quote
QB Burrow: A+
WR Tee Higgins A+
LB Logan Wilson B
LB Akeem Davis-Gaither B
DE Khalid Kareem: B
G Hakeem Adeniji: B+
LB Markus Bailey: B

Overall: I would have taken an OT, but overall grade is B+
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: I give it a B+.  Burrow was a no brainer.  Higgins was a 1st round talent they got in the 2nd.  Where it kind of falls off for me is the 3rd.  I like Wilson, but I really felt Josh Jones would have been a great developmental T for the future and the way the draft fell with them landing ADG and Bailey on Day 3, it just seemed like overkill at LB.  Anarumo even said in his interview for the Kareem pick that we were going to be in some form of nickel with 4 down linemen 70% of the time.  I like the players,just feel they could have put a better combination together.

I can understand this and I am a major Wilson backer.

I just don't think there was any way of knowing both ADG and Bailey would fall as far as they did so good going Duke and Zac.

Still think there is something going on in a trade of some sort for Gabe Jackson and most likely bringing in Jason Peters for OL.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is the only Bengal draft in years, I mean YEARS, that did not have a head scratching pick or where I went into a rage over a quirky pick.  YEARS!

Was hoping for another TE....I think Randy Moss's Kid, Thadeus didnt get drafted?? Burrow may lobby to sign him as FA.   
Reply/Quote