Rate Bengals Draft
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 02:02 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: I don’t like it as much as most on here do. Where is the OL help? We take a franchise QB and don’t even attempt to protect him, makes no sense. I give this draft a passing grade just because we got Burrow , very happy with the 1st selection. I just hate having Hart protecting Burrow , he’s so bad I can’t even half way understand why he’s still even on the team. I hope Burrow doesn’t get hurt badly his first year. Kinda wanting AD to stick around and start next year so Joe don’t get that beat I g that coming to him. 

Burrow - He’s the real deal , He makes this draft a success. Luckily they had the 1st pick Grade A+ 

Higgins- Went to soon on the Wr and didn’t get the best one on the board. Would’ve loved Mims or Jones here Grade C 
Wilson- Don’t like this pick, slow white guys aren’t usually great LBs. Jones and Mims both still on the board too Grade D 
ADG- Great pick! 
Kareem- Where is the OL help? D
Kansas OT - OL help YAY A+ 
Markus Bailey- love this pick too , he’s can be really good if he’s healthy. B+ 

Draft could’ve been so much better if they would’ve done this 
2nd -Jones 
3rd- Mims 
4th- ADG 

Ridiculous statement. Luke Kuechly was probably the best LB of the last decade.

His 40 time: 4.58

Wilson’s 40 time: 4.63

Reply/Quote
Don't have any big complaints about the individual players but question the strategy. For example, I think Higgens is a real good player and an excellent value in the second round, but we already spent $18 million in free agency for a WR and did nothing for the O-line except sign a back up and release a guy whoi started for us last year.

Overall I give it a "B", but if Burrow is the baller we think he is then he would make the draft and "A" all by himself.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: All of the first 4 picks will be starting. Remember ZT loves 3 WR sets and how he can actually use them (AJ, Higgins, Boyd). Both ADG and Wilson can start together with Pratt at LB - add Bynes when they align 3-4.

They will be running a lot more 4 WR sets with Burrow back there. And then even flanking Mixon or Gio out in the routes. Burrow will pass it to the week link of the defense.
This will fit right into Burrow's wheelhouse for what he does best and why the Bengals drafted him, for his advanced gift of diagnosing defenses and their weaknesses.

Since the hash marks in the Pros are closer they'll have more field to work with than in College.
That's all I can say is Watch out NFL Defenses!!

Taylor and company have to be salivating over their possibilities with Higgins and AJ on the outsides, Ross and Boyd on the inside.
They are basically going to be uncoverable if our OL can just give Burrow 2-3 seconds.

If this team can stay healthy for once, they'll put up over 30 per game most games.
I just can't wait for this season to start!!!

New Dey!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't have any big complaints about the individual players but question the strategy. For example, I think Higgens is a real good player and an excellent value in the second round, but we already spent $18 million in free agency for a WR and did nothing for the O-line except sign a back up and release a guy whoi started for us last year.

Overall I give it a "B", but if Burrow is the baller we think he is then he would make the draft and "A" all by himself.

We drafted an OT in the 6th. That’s not “nothing.” At the very least it’s one more guy to bring and compete.

Reply/Quote
I think you have to look at this draft by the entire offseason. When you do, its an A plus.

Burrow fell into their lap and they added a dangerous true wide-out .

The management was rightfully embarrassed by the defense last year.

As a result, team has done its best to sign and draft defenders who can tackle and linebackers who are hopefully average to good as compared to pathetically poor.

You cant fix everything in one year. Maybe another free agent o lineman is part of the plan.

In any case, to me, its the best offseason and draft I can recall.
Reply/Quote
I wanted more help on the o-line like every other Bengals fan but that being said, they had a very solid draft addressing their other biggest needs. How can you not grade that high. Giving it a A
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 02:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

Sounds about right. Thought the Vikes and Ratbirds both had great Drafts as well.

Cannot believe Walter Football gave us a C+ lol

We only had 7 damn picks while some of these teams were picking 2 or 3 times in some rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds about right. Thought the Vikes and Ratbirds both had great Drafts as well.

We only had 7 damn picks while some of these teams were picking 2 or 3 times in some rounds.

Walter Football were upset because there were rumors that the Bengals were going to draft Baun at #33.  They did an updated second day mock with Baun the pick and thought it was a good match.  When the Bengals went Higgins, they went nuts.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Agree 100% with this:

Along with Pratt this could be a very good to great Linebacker core. 

Never thought they could overturn this position this quickly.

Thought there were just too many holes to fill, well done Zac, Duke and company, well done. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Walter Football were upset because there were rumors that the Bengals were going to draft Baun at #33.  They did an updated second day mock with Baun the pick and thought it was a good match.  When the Bengals went Higgins, they went nuts.   

I liked Baun too but there are many reasons he fell.

Shouldn't have favorites in the Draft and ignore when someone goes different directions.

Have to adjust your thoughts and understand why a team goes in a different direction.

Higgins is a day one starter, cannot get better than that in the 2nd round.

Let alone getting Logan and ADG to follow that up, much better than just getting Baun in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't have any big complaints about the individual players but question the strategy.  For example, I think Higgens is a real good player and an excellent value in the second round, but we already spent $18 million in free agency for a WR and did nothing for the O-line except sign a back up and release a guy whoi started for us last year.

This was a deep talented class of receivers at the top so we got a guy with first round grade at the top of the 2nd. 

The Bengals only have Tyler Boyd and Auden Tate under contract after 2020 with Green, Ross, and Erickson all upcoming free agents... Also it's never a bad Idea to bring in a Quarterback and high end Receiver at the same time so they can be rookies together and build chemistry.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:33 PM)Synric Wrote: This was a deep talented class of receivers at the top so we got a guy with first round grade at the top of the 2nd. 

The Bengals only have Tyler Boyd and Auden Tate under contract after 2020 with Green, Ross, and Erickson all upcoming free agents... Also it's never a bad Idea to being in a high Quarterback and high end Receiver at the same time so they can be rookies together and build chemistry.

This.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds about right. Thought the Vikes and Ratbirds both had great Drafts as well.

Are you kidding? Walter shits on us every chance he can get when he's not too busy sucking off the Ravens and Pittsburgh. At least Baltimore actually does do some good things can't lie.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Are you kidding? Walter shits on us every chance he can get when he's not too busy sucking off the Ravens and Pittsburgh. At least Baltimore actually does do some good things can't lie.

Still, didn't think they would go that far lol
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still, didn't think they would go that far lol

He rates the Picks: A, D, B, B+, B, B+, B+ = a C+ somehow.

Gives a D for Tee Higgens because it should have been Baun (Who went in the 3rd) yet they rated Higgins as a 1-2 round prospect.

Just a clear bias.

And it's clear from his overall review that he's one of the butt hurt people that wanted Burrow to be in Miami.
Reply/Quote
B+ to A-

Burrow is a given. Higgins was a solid, if unspectacular WR choice should quickly work in as the WR3 or WR4 and relegate Auden Tate to WR5. Wilson has good speed and makes good reads, and should push for a starting gig this year. ADG was a good value pick. The only thing keeping this draft from rating higher is ignoring the o -line in a meaningful way. This unit is still bottom tier, and lacks depth.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't have any big complaints about the individual players but question the strategy. For example, I think Higgens is a real good player and an excellent value in the second round, but we already spent $18 million in free agency for a WR and did nothing for the O-line except sign a back up and release a guy whoi started for us last year.

The only thing I can think is the staff looks at it like they had two 1st rounders this year, Burrow and Williams. I don’t agree with that I thought they would have taken 2 o-line minimum this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ahhh, you didn't get your injured Stenberg pick... Cry

Well at least we got our help on the o line...or wait..no we didnt lol.
Reply/Quote