Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(06-06-2015, 07:50 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Marvin Lewis....the end. 

/thread

Didn't Marvin and the Bengals beat Harbaugh's Ravens by 17 to close out 2013 in a game the Ravens had to win to keep their playoff hopes alive?

Lewis isn't a great coach, but he's far from terrible.  The Bengals are better on paper than they were last year, and they dealt with tons of injuries, including their three best players for parts of the season, and still won 10 games and made the playoffs.  There's not much reason to think they won't make it this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 04:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Didn't Marvin and the Bengals beat Harbaugh's Ravens by 17 to close out 2013 in a game the Ravens had to win to keep their playoff hopes alive?

Lewis isn't a great coach, but he's far from terrible.  The Bengals are better on paper than they were last year, and they dealt with tons of injuries, including their three best players for parts of the season, and still won 10 games and made the playoffs.  There's not much reason to think they won't make it this year.  

Most coaches wouldn't been fired long ago for not going far yet alone win a playoff game. 

NEWSFLASH most teams dealt with injuries. 
There not much reason to think they win a playoff game. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 01:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I believe he pointed to their constant success in the playoffs, referring to them as "battle tested", and said he trusts Harbaugh (considered by many as one of the better coaches in the league) to find the right answers in a league he feels is devoid of any "great teams".

It's like when people predict the Bengals to lose in the playoffs because they always do.

I get why they always have to be considered contenders.  But the best team in the league?  That's a stretch.  Like I said, this is a whacky list in a goofy guy's head and probably shouldn't be taken too seriously.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Baltimore is a good team and I think they can make a run at the title but I wouldn't put them # 1 as of right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 06:33 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Most coaches wouldn't been fired long ago for not going far yet alone win a playoff game. 

NEWSFLASH most teams dealt with injuries. 
There not much reason to think they win a playoff game. 

Yes most teams deal with injuries but most teams do not lose there top two WRs and top 2 TEs either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 06:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes most teams deal with injuries but most teams do not lose there top two WRs and top 2 TEs either.

Most teams also don't have 18 players go on the DL. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:50 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Marvin Lewis....the end. 

/thread

He was your coach, first.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 08:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He was your coach, first.
Ninja

He has a ring to prove it too. 

The Ravens knew he belonged at the DC position. 

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 06:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Most teams also don't have 18 players go on the DL. 

Ohhhhhh myyyyyyyy gooooooooooosh.

There you go with the number again.

How many of those 18 guys would have made any real impact on the season?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 08:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ohhhhhh myyyyyyyy gooooooooooosh.

There you go with the number again.

How many of those 18 guys would have made any real impact on the season?

Hmmmmm....let's see......
Basically the entire secondary was injured (most notably. starters J Smith, A Jackson, T Brooks), their starting RT R Wagner, TE D Pitta. That's just IR. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:07 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Hmmmmm....let's see......
Basically the entire secondary was injured (most notably. starters J Smith, A Jackson, T Brooks), their starting RT R Wagner, TE D Pitta. That's just IR. 

So, basically, you're saying that by stating there were 18 guys on IR last year, you and others are overstating the impact of it. Got it.

Unless you had SSmith, TSmith, Pitta and Daniels out for your first playoff game. Oh, and your best linebacker.

When i read the Ravens IR list from last year, i think i remember reading 2 or 3 names that were difference-makers.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, basically, you're saying that by stating there were 18 guys on IR last year, you and others are overstating the impact of it. Got it.

Unless you had SSmith, TSmith, Pitta and Daniels out for your first playoff game. Oh, and your best linebacker.

When i read the Ravens IR list from last year, i think i remember reading 2 or 3 names that were difference-makers.

Yea, but I keep hearing that Torrey Smith would barely be a 3rd receiver on the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, basically, you're saying that by stating there were 18 guys on IR last year, you and others are overstating the impact of it. Got it.

Doesn't matter who was suited up since Dalton was starting. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, but I keep hearing that Torrey Smith would barely be a 3rd receiver on the Bengals.

I think we know where that came from...

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:07 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Hmmmmm....let's see......

By the playoff game, the Bengals were down their #1[Green], #2[Jones], #4[Wright], and #6[Sanzenbacher] WR's, their top three TE's[Eifert, Gresham, and Alex Smith], and their RT[Andre Smith], and that's just on offense.  The Bengals had FA's signed off the street during the season start at 3 different positions during the season.  
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, but I keep hearing that Torrey Smith would barely be a 3rd receiver on the Bengals.

Somebody's on crack, then.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 11:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Somebody's on crack, then.

A lot of Bengals fans must be then. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 11:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: By the playoff game, the Bengals were down their #1[Green], #2[Jones], #4[Wright], and #6[Sanzenbacher] WR's, their top three TE's[Eifert, Gresham, and Alex Smith], and their RT[Andre Smith], and that's just on offense.  The Bengals had FA's signed off the street during the season start at 3 different positions during the season.  

I hate the injury EXCUSE. Yeah the Bengals had their share of injuries. However, so did the Ravens. And to say one injury is greater than another is being a homer. 

One poster's opinion that some of the Ravens injured players were not significant. Yet most of the Bengals players injured would appear insignificant to most fans outside of Cincy. 

Injury excuses are lame. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:19 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I hate the injury EXCUSE. Yeah the Bengals had their share of injuries. However, so did the Ravens. And to say one injury is greater than another is being a homer. 

One poster's opinion that some of the Ravens injured players were not significant. Yet most of the Bengals players injured would appear insignificant to most fans outside of Cincy. 

Injury excuses are lame. 

You're right. Any team should be able to overcome all those losses. All NFL players are equal. Lose one, next guy is just as good.

Mellow

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're right. Any team should be able to overcome all those losses. All NFL players are equal. Lose one, next guy is just as good.

Mellow

Good teams do it. Someday Cincy will catch on.  Smirk
Reply/Quote