Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens @ Bengals predictions
Sadly I say 24-10 Ravens.

I see the Ravens giving the right side of our line fits all night and Andy throws 2 picks. I’m not a Dalton hater I think he will just get pressured and try to do too much.

It’s a primetime game so that doesn’t help. We will probably see timely/costly penalties because well....it’s the Bengals and they just can’t catch a break with officiating.
Reply/Quote
We get spanked.

Short week.
Nationally televised night game.

This is not in Lewis's wheel house.....at all. 

We also make more stupid penalties, making us look like the thugs the League wants us to be. 

31-13  Ravens
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: We get spanked.

Short week.
Nationally televised night game.

This is not in Lewis's wheel house.....at all. 

We also make more stupid penalties, making us look like the thugs the League wants us to be. 

31-13  Ravens

Funny when the Bengals do that they are thugs, when Shatsburgh does it - It's just good aggressive football.
Reply/Quote
Not gonna try at predicting the score, but lets just, it will be tough to get a win Thursday night. For some reason I don't think we will match the Raven's intensity in this game.
Reply/Quote
Won’t be the least bit surprised if we lose, but I always find it hard to pick against the Bengals this early in the season. I’ll go bengals 20-17
Reply/Quote
Ravens 21-13.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So - I'm guessing the bigger question is how do you beat the raisins? Looked at their box score and they ran the ball 30+ times scattered the ball evenly amongst their receivers and RB's. I'm thinking you have to play man/press and let the D-line, LBs and safety's stop/stuff the run. Other thing is start fast on O get up by two/three TD's and make them one dimensional on offense. Ok - I know - I'll put down my hallucinogens now.
Reply/Quote
We've owned the Ravens recently. D has always given Flacco fits, and I think that continues Thursday.

I'm gonna say 24-17 Bengals
:andy:
Reply/Quote
24-16 Ballamore. Too many drives stall and get finished by Phat Randy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This one is going to be tough. The Ravens defense shut us out 20-0 last year and they are even better this year. Mosley and T Suggs are going to all over the place and Baltimores secondary is better than it has been since Ed Reed has left. Sometimes we can abuse Flacco with pressure and pick him off a bunch but their OLine is improved too. That said, I don't think it was just a mirage -- we do have a ground game now. Pound the rock and if we can get production/make them stack the box with 8, go mid to to Boyd/middle deep to AJ/super deep to Ross. I know I'm over-simplifying but we can win this thing. At the end of the year last year, the Baltimore defense looked gassed -- we can outlast them.

Bengals 34

Ravens 33

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 04:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ravens 21-13.

That sound about right. We do match up well the Ravens it seems, most of the time. If we come out and match their intensity I think we have a shot.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:35 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: 31-24 Bengals.

Every little thing matters in a short week.

How far do you travel to the game, how clean you come off the previous game, how much of your playbook you showed in the previous game, etc.

Unless Ravens have an entire set of plays designed for Lamar Jackson, we should be fine.

Heck we just played a Team with a new HC, not knowing whether they were going to run K-Gun, RPO or west coast stuff on any play.

I'm impressed with our D, and the patience we showed in Indy.

Make them use 8-10 plays each drive if you have to, and drag them into the second half forcing them to make plays to beat you.

This won't be a 40-0, 4th quarter game for the Ravens. So game on!!!
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27
Stupid Crows 23
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27 - 20 Ravens

Up and down game here.

Nail-biter but our scrappy Bengals keep in the driver's seat.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Y'all ever seen Joe Flaco play at PBS?

20-16 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Don't have a lot of faith right now. Ravens D is ferocious and Bengals have a gaping hole in the right side. Ravens utilized a lot of short passes this week and those kill the Bengals. My main concerns are 1) Can Andy protect the ball 2) Will the line give Mixon room to run 3) Can the defensive line get after Flacco. The answer has to be yes to all three I think.

Hurts but.... Ravens 20 Bengals 13

Prove me wrong fellas.
Reply/Quote
Turnovers will be key. Still prefer a high scoring game though. We are the youngest team in the league. Let's speed it up, I say. 31 -27 Bengals
Reply/Quote
This will be the Bengals only prime time game of the year, unless one of the last couple of games gets moved to Sunday night.

So Thursday night will be their chance to show up in prime time.

No idea what will happen though.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: They have a much better D than the Colts and hopefully we clean up our problems with the quick underneath stuff.

17-14 - hard to tell who is the 17.

You are the person making up the 17, lol. If you can't tell no one can.  You can't make up your own imagination?
Reply/Quote
This is a tough one to predict. Lewis has been good at home and against the Ravens as of late, but he and Dalton seem to have problems with late games. The ravens just dumped 40 on a defense that is one year removed from carrying a VERY conservative offense to the playoffs - no one knows who the "real" ravens or bills are yet. 

I'm going to say that this will be a tight game with a lot of good pass rush play from both teams. I think that it'll come down to which offense can more consistently move the chains and limit turnovers. 

Bengals 22
Ravens 20
Reply/Quote