Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens @ Bengals predictions
(09-10-2018, 01:21 PM)BengalD Wrote: It's prime time - we know what that means (Please prove me wrong Bengals - just once!)

Do WE know?

Did we know what it meant to lose to Colts for 21 years at Indy too? Or to never beat Luck at Indy?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think Ravens are the better team at this stage if the season while our OL continues to gel. But I am picking Ross coming party when he scores a long TD and gets his first 100 yard receiving game. Bengals win 21-13 after late TD to seal it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I really have no idea. I wouldn't place a bet on this one. I could see AJ going off for a couple long touchdowns,. Could also see another stinker like last year.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens have the advantage, and I think they will prevail. I suspect it will not be a blow out, but the Ravens are improved from last year. Prime Time game doesn't help historically. HOWEVER, Young blood in our team, great comeback from game 1 aka halftime adjustments (no way!) and the fact that we won where we hadn't since 1997 makes me side with my team, but I have a feeling a mobile Ravens QB will rattle our secondary. I hope our coaches prepare our D specially for their two QBs and the fact that they will very likely use both against us. Their mobile QB will be a bigger nightmare for us. 27 - 17 Ravens.

BOTTOM LINE: Team that makes the most mistakes loses.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are 8-3 the last 11 games against the Ravens. 2 of those losses are with Zampese as the OC. The other was an OT loss at Baltimore. We have their number, and we're a much better team than last year. The Ravens beat one of the worst teams in the NFL, so that doesn't make me think they're a powerhouse.

Bengals win and go 9-3 against the Ravens

24-13
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:30 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Ravens have the advantage, and I think they will prevail. I suspect it will not be a blow out, but the Ravens are improved from last year.   Prime Time game doesn't help historically. HOWEVER,  Young blood in our team, great comeback from game 1 aka halftime adjustments (no way!) and the fact that we won where we hadn't since 1997 makes me side with my team, but I have a feeling a mobile Ravens QB will rattle our secondary.  I hope our coaches prepare our D specially for their two QBs and the fact that they will very likely use both against us. Their mobile QB will be a bigger nightmare for us. 27 - 17 Ravens.

BOTTOM LINE: Team that makes the most mistakes loses.

That was before Austin that we had trouble with mobile QBs and also I think our pass rush is just a lot better and our ends can keep contain.  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That was before Austin that we had trouble with mobile QBs and also I think our pass rush is just a lot better and our ends can keep contain.  

I hear ya... I am banking on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do WE know?

Did we know what it meant to lose to Colts for 21 years at Indy too? Or to never beat Luck at Indy?

I know this -

8-31 and 5-19: Whether or not you buy into particular narratives, the Cincinnati Bengals simply aren’t good on the biggest stages. The first record noted (8-31) is Marvin Lewis’ overall primetime record from the past 15 seasons, including the postseason.

The latter (5-19) is the record of Andy Dalton in the same limelight. While both the coach and quarterback are known as overall winners, their respective failures in these big games are major blemishes on their resumes. Luckily, the Bengals have just one game on this stage this season—Week 2 versus Baltimore on Thursday Night Football.

Just the facts dude.  https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/6/29/17510034/most-dubious-records-distinctions-bengals-history-dalton-steelers-super-bowl-playoffs
Reply/Quote
I will tell you that I won't be starting the Bengals' D on my fantasy team. I am starting Mixon and Green.

If we win it will be a tough win. It's the Bengals only schedule prime time game of the year.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 08:34 AM)BengalD Wrote: I know this -

8-31 and 5-19: Whether or not you buy into particular narratives, the Cincinnati Bengals simply aren’t good on the biggest stages. The first record noted (8-31) is Marvin Lewis’ overall primetime record from the past 15 seasons, including the postseason.

The latter (5-19) is the record of Andy Dalton in the same limelight. While both the coach and quarterback are known as overall winners, their respective failures in these big games are major blemishes on their resumes. Luckily, the Bengals have just one game on this stage this season—Week 2 versus Baltimore on Thursday Night Football.

Just the facts dude.  https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/6/29/17510034/most-dubious-records-distinctions-bengals-history-dalton-steelers-super-bowl-playoffs

I agree. While my heart says the Bengals win, my "big head" says that this game will be a blowout Ravens win. Dalton gets sacked 5+ times, throws a pick-6, and the Bengals don't cross mid-field until the middle of the 3rd quarter.

35-6 Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 09:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: If we win it will be a tough win. It's the Bengals only schedule prime time game of the year.

I think so as well.  28-24 Bengals.  Steelers or the Chiefs game could be flexed depending how we do this season.

The good thing is that if the Bengals win, their chance of making the playoffs is 63%, if they lose, it drops to 41%.  So it really shows the importance of winning early in the season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3nw2nj/probability_of_nfl_teams_to_make_playoffs_by/

Not the most updated chart, but still a nice set of data.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:30 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I think so as well.  28-24 Bengals.  Steelers or the Chiefs game could be flexed depending how we do this season.

The good thing is that if the Bengals win, their chance of making the playoffs is 63%, if they lose, it drops to 41%.  So it really shows the importance of winning early in the season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3nw2nj/probability_of_nfl_teams_to_make_playoffs_by/

Yup - winning division games makes the path a whole lot easier.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has a career day and runs all over the Ravens. Flacco becomes his inept self. I say the Bengals win this one handily 27-10.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:30 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I think so as well.  28-24 Bengals.  Steelers or the Chiefs game could be flexed depending how we do this season.

Absolutely! If the Bengals want to be considered contenders, they need to win tomorrow.

Yes, a late season game could be flexed. But that would mean the Bengals would be playing for a playoff spot.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 10:43 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: I agree. While my heart says the Bengals win, my "big head" says that this game will be a blowout Ravens win. Dalton gets sacked 5+ times, throws a pick-6, and the Bengals don't cross mid-field until the middle of the 3rd quarter.

35-6 Ravens.

Yikes! That's as bad as Dalton's 2.0 passer rating game against Cleveland. I don't see it going down that way. The Bengals just have too many weapons to only score 6 points.

I see our defense as the bigger issue even though the right side of the OL is a problem. Does our defense step up and get the job done? Does the pass rush get to Flacco? Do we get a couple of turnovers? Do we shut down get off the field on 3rd downs?

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 08:34 AM)BengalD Wrote: I know this -

I know this 

Marvin is 2-1 against the Ravens in prime time.

Just the facts, Dude.
Reply/Quote
I like how we handled them end of last season with running the ball and I liked how we ran the ball last Sunday, it will be a tough one but this team has played probably their best games overall in division against the Ravens.. 

Bengals 20 Ravens 17
Reply/Quote
I know this, the Bengals need this as a W. After this we're on the road at Carolina and Atlanta.

I think it's gonna be a hard fought battle, I don't think it will be a high scoring affair. The Ravens have a really good defense and a so-so offense. We have issues on right side of the Oline and LB problems. It may well come down to a key turnover.

I'll say we pull out a nail biter. Sorry Harley

Bengals: 22

Ravens: 20
Reply/Quote
We have the potential to beat these guys.   But a lot of things will have to be different this week to get it done:

Offensive line will have to play better against a much better defensive front than they played Sunday.   This front 7 has the probability of stuffing Mixon at the line negating one of our bright spots last week. 

Unlike last year Baltimore's secondary is playing well.

Defensive line will have to put more pressure on Flacco than we did on Luck

Linebackers and Dennard will have to play a lot better in the middle of the field - and Brown will be working on a sore ankle

Defensive backs will have to handle a much improved receiver squad from last year

Suggs is at the beginning of his season and relatively fresh - especially after being rested half of the game last Sunday.  Same for the rest of their starters.

I don't think we get this done tomorrow.

Later in the season could be a very different story though.
Reply/Quote
31-3 good guys.

We own that team & will continue to do so.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote