Poll: Who wins?
Ravens win
Bengals win
Beats me
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ravens Game #2 Prediction Thread
(12-21-2021, 02:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I suspect the game will come to the wire with the ravens on our 4 yrd line, 4th quater and Harbaugh decides to go for 2 to win it again.  
And they will convert, the pundits on TV will hail him as a hero and gut made coach..blah..blah..blah...  just cause we can't have nice things.

Guarantee Harbaugh will NEVER go for two extra points again, unless there is only 1 second on the clock and they need 2 to win.  He's been hammered mercilessly on those decisions (and rightfully so).
Reply/Quote
I can't predict what will happen in this game, but I sure can hope that we win.

So I predict that I hope that we win on Sunday.

Prediction accomplished :)
Reply/Quote
In the end the real winners? The training staffs. They get paid regardless of records of either team.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A close game but I think the Bengals win. May even go into overtime. Bengals 27 Ravens 24
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Baltimore is gonna be so desperate.
Reply/Quote
I'm going contradictory to what I usually do and I'm going to say Bengals win.
I expected the Ravens to sweep the Bengals this year, but I didn't think the defense was going to be as good as it has been.
Ravens have had three straight losses.

I'll go Bengals 24-20.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bengals 20
Ravens 17
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati 27
Baltimore 20
Reply/Quote
Today, between COVID and injuries, the Ravens only had 13 defensive players capable of practicing. They have a total of 17, including PS players, on the COVID list. Lamar Jackson did not practice. I do not want this game to get postponed leaving us a short week heading into the KC game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 01:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: No way in heck does Harbaugh let them lose this one.

Bengals are the better team.

Unfortunately, Harbaugh is the way better more qualified coach and will get his team mentally prepared.

They come out swinging.

The O once again waits until the 3rd or 4th Q to wake up.

Rat Turds 34-17

Couldn't say it any better.  We are miraculously in 1st, but they didn't look too impressive against Denver.  If Taylor is going to show anything, it'll be Sunday.  This team should be eating cast iron by kickoff.  If they show up flat, only one person to blame.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:11 PM)pally Wrote: Today, between COVID and injuries, the Ravens only had 13 players capable of practicing.  They have a total of 17, including PS players, on the COVID list.  Lamar Jackson did not practice.  I do not want this game to get postponed leaving us a short week heading into the KC game

Yeah, hope that doesn't happen. If so, we better at least take care of the Ravens.

(12-22-2021, 10:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Couldn't say it any better.  We are miraculously in 1st, but they didn't look too impressive against Denver.  If Taylor is going to show anything, it'll be Sunday.  This team should be eating cast iron by kickoff.  If they show up flat, only one person to blame.

Harbaugh is a damn good coach. I just disagree about us not looking good against Denver. I think they might be the toughest 
Defense to play against in their place and they have very talented RB's and a good OL. The Denver secondary is the best in the
NFL in my opinion and that might be the best Defense overall in the NFL with Simmons and of course Bradley Chubb.

Coaching will be the X-factor along with health. If Taylor and Lou can coach like we did the last time we played them and keep
Huntley from hurting us we win this game. We just don't know who is going to show up, the Ravens are desperate and we are 
young. Need to play disciplined which we have done for the most part this season better than anybody.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 11:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, hope that doesn't happen. If so, we better at least take care of the Ravens.

Harbaugh is a damn good coach. I just disagree about us not looking good against Denver. I think they might be the toughest 
Defense to play against in their place and they have very talented RB's and a good OL. The Denver secondary is the best in the
NFL in my opinion and that might be the best Defense overall in the NFL with Simmons and of course Bradley Chubb.

Coaching will be the X-factor along with health. If Taylor and Lou can coach like we did the last time we played them and keep
Huntley from hurting us we win this game. We just don't know who is going to show up, the Ravens are desperate and we are 
young. Need to play disciplined which we have done for the most part this season better than anybody.

Nate my good friend.  You are an eternal optimist.  I envy you brother.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
lol @ Tiger Teeth
“This team should be eating cast iron by kickoff”
Reply/Quote
Think the Bengals match up well with Ravens and Hubbard is a great lengthy sure tackler that is perfect for helping contain Lamar on one side, if Lamar plays that is.  

Believe the Bengals pass rush and pressure will be too much for Ravens if Huntley goes as well. Really the Ravens RB's (injuries)
and WR's are very pedestrian. So really just got to stop their QB this season imo.

But both teams need it badly and know each other real well, so it will be a battle to come out there of with a win.

Yet going with Bengals 26-23

McPherson goes all Tucker on the Ravens and kicks 4 more FG's to put Bengals in 1st place in AFCN !

Now the trick will be staying in 1st place which could get dicey and probably will come down to beating the Browns or not.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:16 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A close game but I think the Bengals win. May even go into overtime. Bengals 27 Ravens 24

I rather no overtime.. I rather their QB wins it rather than their kicker.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I made a similar prediction, it's going to be a relatively low scoring game and it will be close. I was, I suppose, lame and went with the Ravens.

Yes, you were lame.   Hilarious

I don't see how that defense can keep Burrow and the boys down.  They torched them last time and they had Peters and Humphrey.  They don't have those guys this time.  I think the Ravens will play one of those very heavy run games and test the Bengal's paper thin depth at LB, but think the Bengals win in the end.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Couldn't say it any better.  We are miraculously in 1st, but they didn't look too impressive against Denver.  If Taylor is going to show anything, it'll be Sunday.  This team should be eating cast iron by kickoff.  If they show up flat, only one person to blame.

I disagree with this last part.
If they come out running around very first down and have bad play calls then it’s totally on Zac.
However, NFL players playing for their postseason lives should not need a rah rah speech from their coach to get motivated. They are pros and should have plenty of self motivation going against a AFCN rival with the division up for grabs.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 12:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I disagree with this last part.
If they come out running around very first down and have bad play calls then it’s totally on Zac.
However, NFL players playing for their postseason lives should not need a rah rah speech from their coach to get motivated.  They are pros and should have plenty of self motivation going against a AFCN rival with the division up for grabs.

Well then we agree to disagree man.  We lose, I'm laying ALL of it on Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 01:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well then we agree to disagree man.  We lose, I'm laying ALL of it on Taylor.

I’m not a big fan of Taylor; but trying like heck to remain objective.

The said the last month or so I’ve been re-focusing my attention on some of the specifics going on w the offense.

The inability for our wide receivers to get open is not Taylor’s fault is just one example.

Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty of blame that still ends up in Taylor’s lap though.

I think we lose this game due to ZAK’s inability to get this team prepared. Waking up mentally in the 3rd or 4th Q has got to be mostly on coaches.

Even if they start off slow change the script immediately or light a fire another butts ASAP. It’s been agonizing to watch the LATE mental starts, in addition to the play-calling.

I think we lose this one by 17.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote