Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens at Bengals, Round 2
(01-03-2023, 05:53 PM)samhain Wrote: I feel like the game from Monday is unlikely to resume. This will be a Brandon Allen tilt.

No meaningful football for at least 11 days for the Bengals.

All for it.

Get the guys a rest and let's see BA work some magic. Get Ja'Marr to 1,000 too, then take him out (like last year).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Right now, regardless of the Ravens game, if the Bills game is declared a NC, Bengals are AFCN Champs based on %s.

The only way the Bengals can get the #2 seed now is for the Bills to lose to the Pats and Bengals beat the Ravens. That would mean both teams are tied in common opponents (minimum of 4) at 8-3. It then goes to SOV where the Bengals currently have the advantage at .483 to Buffalo's .479. 

If Buffalo wins against the Pats, they are #2 and the Bengals play the Ravens on back to back weeks in Cincinnati. This, all assuming the Charges win at Denver. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:01 PM)Tomcat Wrote: There is absolutely no way whatsoever that any of the players and coaches would step one foot on that field last night to resume that game!

And here we are.  This is a violent game and people get severely injured all the time.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right now, regardless of the Ravens game, if the Bills game is declared a NC, Bengals are AFCN Champs based on %s.

The only way the Bengals can get the #2 seed now is for the Bills to lose to the Pats and Bengals beat the Ravens. That would mean both teams are tied in common opponents (minimum of 4) at 8-3. It then goes to SOV where the Bengals currently have the advantage at .483 to Buffalo's .479. 

If Buffalo wins against the Pats, they are #2 and the Bengals play the Ravens on back to back weeks in Cincinnati. This, all assuming the Charges win at Denver. 

Absolutely spot on!  I can see this happening and I'm counting on it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:12 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: And here we are.  This is a violent game and people get severely injured all the time.  

I don’t understand why I keep seeing this argument.

Players aren’t resuscitated with CPR and an AED on the football field and then loaded directly into an ambulance ~all the time~.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:19 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I don’t understand why I keep seeing this argument.

Players aren’t resuscitated with CPR and an AED on the football field and then loaded directly into an ambulance ~all the time~.

Do they ever have severe head trauma and are knocked unconscious or have spinal injuries and are loaded into an ambulance and driven off to the local ER?  Do you think those injuries are just as serious as this?  Did the game get PPD?
Reply/Quote
Shocked 
(01-03-2023, 06:23 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Do they ever have severe head trauma and are knocked unconscious or have spinal injuries and are loaded into an ambulance and driven off to the local ER?  Do you think those injuries are just as serious as this?  Did the game get PPD?

Those injuries, terrible as they are, do not come packaged with the question:

“Is my teammate/opponent about to die this evening?”
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:01 PM)Tomcat Wrote: There is absolutely no way whatsoever that any of the players and coaches would step one foot on that field last night to resume that game!

What if it was the Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:17 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Absolutely spot on!  I can see this happening and I'm counting on it. 

What if KC loses Saturday to Vegas?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:23 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Do they ever have severe head trauma and are knocked unconscious or have spinal injuries and are loaded into an ambulance and driven off to the local ER?  Do you think those injuries are just as serious as this?  Did the game get PPD?

For real? His heart stopped. He was dead on the field and had to be brought back and still fighting for his life. You can't be this damn stupid.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:33 PM)cinci4life Wrote: For real? His heart stopped. He was dead on the field and had to be brought back and still fighting for his life. You can't be this damn stupid.

Correct call to postpone game. Incorrect call to not play this game before week 18. Additionally, context needs to be given around what’s happening before week 18. Was the game a no contest? Are we having a stand alone week 19?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:47 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I agree.  I thought Hurst and our RBs would go off against the Bills.  Adeniji did look good giving Joey the time he needed to find our receivers.  

The only way we don't win is if we rest our starters IMO.

(01-03-2023, 06:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right now, regardless of the Ravens game, if the Bills game is declared a NC, Bengals are AFCN Champs based on %s.

Well said Rfaulk. I could see the Bills losing to the Pats after what just happened. The Bills haven't looked very good and last
night I thought we were going to beat on them pretty good. Don't know how they were going to slow down Burrow and our 
weapons playing like that. Plus our Defense was going to make some stops just like they did in forcing the FG.

I could see all what you say here happening.

Wouldn't even surprise me if the Chiefs lose.

(01-03-2023, 06:35 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Correct call to postpone game.  Incorrect call to not play this game before week 18. Additionally, context needs to be given around what’s happening before week 18.  Was the game a no contest?  Are we having a stand alone week 19?

Agree and yes need to get the low down on whether the game is called a no contest or whatever they decide.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:27 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Those injuries, terrible as they are, do not come packaged with the question:

“Is my teammate/opponent about to die this evening?”

So you don't think anyone has ever died from blunt-force head trauma or spinal brain stem detachment?   

I've watched cardiac arrest in professional soccer and the NHL, and the games went on.  A hockey player went into cardiac arrest on the bench after a legal body check. He was resuscitated by the team doctor, at the ice arena, and was pissed that he wasn't allowed to go back out and play in the 3rd period and was made to go to the ER.  I get those hockey players are cut from a different mold, but just sayin'
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The only way we don't win is if we rest our starters IMO.

Well said Rfaulk. I could see the Bills losing to the Pats after what just happened. The Bills haven't looked very good and last
night I thought we were going to beat on them pretty good. Don't know how they were going to slow down Burrow and our 
weapons playing like that. Plus our Defense was going to make some stops just like they did in forcing the FG.

I could see all what you say here happening.

Wouldn't even surprise me if the Chiefs lose.

Agree and yes need to get the low down on whether the game is called a no contest or whatever they decide.

Meaning they would have big yardage games against Buffalo's defense. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Both teams will be too traumatized to play. Just call it a tie or a no contest.

Inappropriate and not funny.

I understand we all process differently.  Please try being sensitive to others.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:30 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What if it was the Super Bowl?

100% they would have continued the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:56 PM)motoarch Wrote: Inappropriate and not funny.

I understand we all process differently.  Please try being sensitive to others.

Did you quote the wrong person or am I missing something?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:00 PM)TheFan Wrote: Did you quote the wrong person or am I missing something?

Science Friction was being extremely sarcastic there...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:44 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: So you don't think anyone has ever died from blunt-force head trauma or spinal brain stem detachment?   

I've watched cardiac arrest in professional soccer and the NHL, and the games went on.  A hockey player went into cardiac arrest on the bench after a legal body check. He was resuscitated by the team doctor, at the ice arena, and was pissed that he wasn't allowed to go back out and play in the 3rd period and was made to go to the ER.  I get those hockey players are cut from a different mold, but just sayin'

I get what you are saying but it is the optics of the whole thing. People ignore reality all the time. For example ,if they saw certain food preparation most wouldn't eat meat anymore. I could use dozens of examples but don't want to get off track or take away from the fact a kid might have been killed on our field last night in front of millions of people.

But yeah, out of sight out of mind is a real thing.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 100% they would have continued the game.

Absolutely, they would have and if anyone thinks differently,  they're only kidding themselves.  The NFL would have had a big moment of silence for prayer, and then the game would have gone on. 

Anyway, people shouldn't complain about the game being declared a NO CONTEST if they think the game should have been ppd.  You just can't have it both ways folks.
Reply/Quote