Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens at Bengals, Round 2
(01-03-2023, 06:12 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: And here we are.  This is a violent game and people get severely injured all the time.  

Yes its a violent game, and yes there are often injuries, some more severe than others. But I fear you don't comprehend the situation. When Damar collapsed, he was clinically dead, a man died on national television, and the player from both teams watched as paramedics brought him back to life! This was no ordinary injury!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It would negatively impact the Bengals and Bills as their playoff opponent would get a bye and if the Bengals were to win the Chiefs would get 2 bye weeks.

That game is too important for too many things. They have to play it. Whether it's a stand alone game wk 19 and move all the playoffs back one week, or having the NFC playoffs start week 1 + Bills vs Bengals. 

That game has to be played. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That game is too important for too many things. They have to play it. Whether it's a stand alone game wk 19 and move all the playoffs back one week, or having the NFC playoffs start week 1 + Bills vs Bengals. 

I don;t see it as has to be played, it only impacts seeding not who gets into the playoffs,, also if they do decide to play game I could see it at a neutral site especially if Hamlin passes away
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t see it as has to be played, it only impacts seeding not who gets into the playoffs,, also if they do decide to play game I could see it at a neutral site especially if Hamlin passes away

1. Hamlin isn't going to pass away
2. Seeding in this case is just as important as getting into the playoffs in this year's AFC. The one seed will have a major advantage in not having to face both of the other two "big three" on the road.  To act like this is no big deal isn't a serious take. 
Reply/Quote
Why still hasn't the NFL announced an official time for the Ravens game?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That game is too important for too many things. They have to play it. Whether it's a stand alone game wk 19 and move all the playoffs back one week, or having the NFC playoffs start week 1 + Bills vs Bengals. 

************       AGREE  !!!!     ************
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:40 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Why still hasn't the NFL announced an official time for the Ravens game?

Prior to Monday night the game time was dependent on the outcome of the Bengals/Bills game.  If the Bengals won the Ravens game was to be played at 1:00 on Sunday.  If they lost the game was to be played at 4:25 on Sunday.   Given that the Bills game has not concluded that has thrown another wrench in the works.   So they are probably still trying to sort that out as well.  There are probably some contractual issues with the broadcasting networks to be considered among other things.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
On nfl.com, the Ravens game is scheduled to take place on Wednesday at 6 pm!?!
Reply/Quote

(01-04-2023, 02:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote:      ************       AGREE  !!!!     ************

We could replay the game and this could happen:

The Bills lost 2 starters in the first 7 minutes, who do we lose in this make up game?  You guys cool with losing Chase and/or Reader again for the playoffs?

Replaying this game gives the Chargers (most likely) TWO WEEKS to prepare for our playoff game, let's let them get fully healthy and a ton of time to prepare for us.

Or... dont play the game and have an 80% chance to get the #1 seed with zero injuries and the playoff opponent has the same amount of time to prepare for us as we do them....

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:27 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: On nfl.com, the Ravens game is scheduled to take place on Wednesday at 6 pm!?!

On the banner at the top, it does say the Ravens at Bengals on Wednesday, January 11th at 7pm.  When you click on the game and then on the full NFL schedule, it still says TBA. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: On the banner at the top, it does say the Ravens at Bengals on Wednesday, January 11th at 7pm.  When you click on the game and then on the full NFL schedule, it still says TBA. 

It was also listed previously on Sunday at 1am..... NFL needs a new site administrator.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It was also listed previously on Sunday at 1am..... NFL needs a new site administrator.

That was CBS that had it at 1am, but they've corrected it back to TBA now.  
Reply/Quote
Well I see us taking care of business with a 28 to 9 win. This Sunday and made play them again next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:57 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I see us taking care of business with a 28 to 9 win. This Sunday and made play them again next week.

Had all of this insanity not occurred, I would agree.

I’m now very worried that all of this chaos and real life crap (player potentially dying on field); is messing w these players’ psyche.

These are mostly 20 year olds. Not exactly grown men mentally well-equipped and experienced w deep life crap that usually shows up at the door step of 40..50…etc

This will have an adverse impact on them “moving forward” and playing at the locked-in optimal level they were pre-Bills game.

All of this plays heavily into the Rat Turds’ favor.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:54 AM)Whacked Wrote: Had all of this insanity not occurred, I would agree.

I’m now very worried that all of this chaos and real life crap (player potentially dying on field); is messing w these players’ psyche.  

These are mostly 20 year olds. Not exactly grown men mentally well-equipped and experienced w deep life crap that usually shows up at the door step of 40..50…etc

This will have an adverse impact on them “moving forward” and playing at the locked-in optimal level they were pre-Bills game.

All of this plays heavily into the Rat Turds’ favor.

Obviously that's a concern, but it could also fortify us mentally too.

I think the Ravens game is slightly boom/bust. It's a big division rivalry, for a potential home game rematch. If we come through all this, beat them, then beat them again... I mean that lights a fire in my opinion.

There's also the chance players feel we've gotten a little hosed by the NFL and that lights a fire too.

It could go either way in my opinion. Either guy's will be affected negatively, or the adversity will power us on. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: 74hzvj.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
38-13 bengals.

As far as being prepared mentally, the NFL took care of that for us yesterday with the vote.
Reply/Quote
Sorry in advance for seemingly dumb question…

Is the RatTurds game Sunday 1/08 still at 1pm?
Or was the time changed?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:39 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sorry in advance for seemingly dumb question…

Is the RatTurds game Sunday 1/08 still at 1pm?
Or was the time changed?

Yep 1pm, not a dumb question with so many changes.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 02:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yep 1pm, not a dumb question with so many changes.

Thank ya Phil
Reply/Quote