Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens at Bengals, Round 2
(01-03-2023, 08:02 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I do get it. I wanted to see this match up so bad. Then add on to that how good the Bengals looked in that 1st QTR. No way to know how it would've ended but the chance to set ourselves up in the playoffs while shining in prime time would've been sweet. I also think not playing the game just created a huge headache on so many levels for football and fans.

But having said all that I just think it was too big a tragedy to continue. We are use to seeing significant injuries to players but they can get fixed up and have the chance to play again. I wouldn't have been fair to the Bills as I think the players in they're secondary would've really struggled to play a game when they are worried about they're friends life. 

I don't disagree with anything you said.  I can see it from both sides.  The nice me says don't play, the selfish me says get your asses back out there.

My biggest frustration now is the NFL as I really believe they are just trying to take the easy way out by not being decisive about this game and just letting week 18 play out and hope it works in their favor.

Prove me wrong NFL!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Both teams will be too traumatized to play. Just call it a tie or a no contest.
Is this sarcasm?  Why would the Ravens have any issues in playing the game?  Why would we, other than maybe Tee?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If Jackson can play, it is dicey.

If not, we should be favored.

If the Ravens think the game between the Bills and Bengals will never be played, then they will rest their starters for the playoffs. They would have nothing to gain by winning. If the NFL does not make a decision by the weekend, I think Harbaugh will still rest his players, because if a decision is not made, then he probably figures the Bills-Bengals tilt will never be played. The question is whether, given that situation, the Bengals want to risk their starters.

Wish the NFL would step up and tell the teams if the Bills and Bengals game will ever be played.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:41 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I could have said cancel the rest of the season and hold prayer vigils around the country. So, I'm clearly not insensitive to the situation.  

The game has to be resumed before the playoffs begin. Any fan should be pissed with just skipping a game that had postseason ramifications for multiple teams and their fans.

How do you resume the game without impacting even more teams?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right now, regardless of the Ravens game, if the Bills game is declared a NC, Bengals are AFCN Champs based on %s.

The only way the Bengals can get the #2 seed now is for the Bills to lose to the Pats and Bengals beat the Ravens. That would mean both teams are tied in common opponents (minimum of 4) at 8-3. It then goes to SOV where the Bengals currently have the advantage at .483 to Buffalo's .479. 

If Buffalo wins against the Pats, they are #2 and the Bengals play the Ravens on back to back weeks in Cincinnati. This, all assuming the Charges win at Denver. 

(01-03-2023, 06:31 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What if KC loses Saturday to Vegas?

(01-03-2023, 07:51 PM)cinci4life Wrote: You missed the point. If KC loses to LV it really opens the door for #1. Bills would still have a chance win or lose to NE and Bengals would have a chance assuming a win over the Ravens. The Bills/Bengals game would have to resume with the winner getting #1.

What Rfaulk32 and I are assuming is, the NFL declares the Bills game as a "No Contest," so a 16-game divisor for only the Bengals and the Bills.  If they decide to play the Bills/ Bengals game, then yes it changes the math and the divisor would be 17 games for all teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How do you resume the game without impacting even more teams?

If the game is resumed next week, then the only impact on other playoff teams is an extra week of rest. In other words, it would be a positive for other teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:01 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: How are you figuring that based on the winning %? 

If KC loses to the Raiders they'll be 13-4, so 13/17-games= .764
Bengals win over Ravens 12-4, so 12/16-games=.75
Patriots beat Bills, Bills 12-4, so 12/16=.75

If Bills beat Patriots they'll be 13-3, so 13/16-games = .812 they be # 1

If KC beats Raiders 14-3, so 14/17-games= .823, they'll be #1

Did you not read my last sentence? They would have to resume the Bills/Bengals game (their game 17) and the winner would get the #1 seed
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How do you resume the game without impacting even more teams?

I don't think they can. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If Jackson can play, it is dicey.

If not, we should be favored.

Surely we are favored with or without Jackson...?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: If the game is resumed next week, then the only impact on other playoff teams is an extra week of rest. In other words, it would be a positive for other teams.

It would negatively impact the Bengals and Bills as their playoff opponent would get a bye and if the Bengals were to win the Chiefs would get 2 bye weeks.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Did you not read my last sentence? They would have to resume the Bills/Bengals game (their game 17) and the winner would get the #1 seed

That's not the question that was originally asked.  BengalBug asked, "What if KC loses to Vegas." I answered accordingly as to the game being declared a NO CONTEST meaning the divisor would only be 16.  That's what we've been talking about this whole time, haven't you been paying attention?  The only chance of the Bengals/ Bills playing again is in the playoffs.  HELLO!!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:26 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: That's not the question that was originally asked.  BengalBug asked, "What if KC loses to Vegas." I answered accordingly as to the game being declared a NO CONTEST meaning the divisor would only be 16.  That's what we've been talking about this whole time, haven't you been paying attention?  The only chance of the Bengals/ Bills playing again is in the playoffs.  HELLO!!

That’s not true. Not as of 6:28 pm on 1/3. It’s not being played before week 18, but they have NOT cancelled it. If they did, we would have been informed we are AFCN champs.

Until further notice, the game is still possible. Albeit improbable. But pushing fake news isn’t cool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:10 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't disagree with anything you said.  I can see it from both sides.  The nice me says don't play, the selfish me says get your asses back out there.

My biggest frustration now is the NFL as I really believe they are just trying to take the easy way out by not being decisive about this game and just letting week 18 play out and hope it works in their favor.

Prove me wrong NFL!

They're are definitely going to be some hard decisions needed to be made. I really don't what you do in this situation that doesn't hurt some teams. I was just thinking maybe you just wipe the results win losses off everyone's record last week and let this week be the deciding factor. But even this would hurt and help some teams. I'll be curious if they can come up with a solution. I hate to say it but they probably just need to be the bad guy and pick a winner and loser in this game and just stand by it and say that's the way that it is. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:26 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: That's not the question that was originally asked.  BengalBug asked, "What if KC loses to Vegas." I answered accordingly as to the game being declared a NO CONTEST meaning the divisor would only be 16.  That's what we've been talking about this whole time, haven't you been paying attention?  The only chance of the Bengals/ Bills playing again is in the playoffs.  HELLO!!

It won't be a no contest. It will have an impact on seeding. HELLO!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It would negative impact the Bengals and Bills as their playoff opponent would get a bye and if the Bengals were to win the Chiefs would get 2 bye weeks.

Not sure you wouldn't count this week as a bye, as the Bengals only played about 1/2 a quarter. Defense was there for only one series and the offense for two.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not sure you wouldn't count this week as a bye, as the Bengals only played about 1/2 a quarter. Defense was there for only one series and the offense for two.

I guess your right. Almost like a preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not sure you wouldn't count this week as a bye, as the Bengals only played about 1/2 a quarter. Defense was there for only one series and the offense for two.

The playoff opponents get a bye to prepare for the Bengals and Bills, calling this a bye does what?  We couldn't use this "bye" in any manner.  The Bills lost 2 players was this really a bye for them?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s not true.  Not as of 6:28 pm on 1/3.  It’s not being played before week 18, but they have NOT cancelled it.  If they did, we would have been informed we are AFCN champs.  

Until further notice, the game is still possible.  Albeit improbable.  But pushing fake news isn’t cool.

Read this Au165: I have been told by someone who is part of an NFL organization in player personnel that many within the league are assuming it will be a straight no contest at this point. This person is in the NFC so their indifference to playoff implications and such may create a bias not sure. Take it for what it's worth."  

END Quote:

As to the context of what has been talked about in this thread: At no point did anyone say this game would be resumed, meaning we're all using the context of the game being declared a NO CONTEST and the divisor would be 16 games.  That's why I quoted RFalk32's post to explain the math only using a 16 game divisor for the Bills and Bengals. You asked the question regarding, "Vegas beating KC..."  If you wanted us to comment using a 17-game divisor then say so in the first place b/c that changes everything.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It won't be a no contest. It will have an impact on seeding. HELLO!!

Read this:

Au165 wrote: I have been told by someone who is part of an NFL organization in player personnel that many within the league are assuming it will be a straight no contest at this point.

I think you're a little late to the conversation.  The only way the Bill and Bengals play again in January 2023 is if they meet in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:56 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I'd bet $100 on the NFL NOT making an official declaration until after Sunday's games.   

I think we all know what Goodell will decide-- I hate the decision and I feel ripped off, but it is what it is...  

They should have just played the damn game after the player was taken to UC hospital. 

No they made the right call.
Reply/Quote