Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens at Bengals, Round 2
(01-03-2023, 07:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Science Friction was being extremely sarcastic there...

I understand and that's why it's inappropriate.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:30 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What if it was the Super Bowl?

(01-03-2023, 07:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 100% they would have continued the game.

I'm conflicted.  It was a huge game.  I think they should have played.  I said this once before, but i'm a nobody and I could have mentally continued.

I can also see it from the other side.  Not everyone is the same mentally.  Just because you are a huge beast does not automatically make you able to deal well with situations like this.

If you would have continued for the Superbowl then you should have continued last night unless Hamlin was 100% gone.

As it stands, Hamlin is in the same condition he would have been whether they continued or not.

I'm so back and fourth on this.  Admittedly in a partially greedy, selfish way.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:08 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Absolutely, they would have and if anyone thinks differently,  they're only kidding themselves.  The NFL would have had a big moment of silence for prayer, and then the game would have gone on. 

Anyway, people shouldn't complain about the game being declared a NO CONTEST if they think the game should have been ppd.  You just can't have it both ways folks.

We would of played on, but the Bills just couldn't, oh well, on to the Ravens. I think if we are playing like we were in those 
first few minutes they don't have a chance. Especially if both Hubbard and Lamar play...

(01-03-2023, 07:18 PM)motoarch Wrote: I understand and that's why it's inappropriate.

I agree, no point in calling out people like they are all a bunch of weaklings, that was a terrible thing that happened to Hamlin 
and the Bills and Tee last night.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:23 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm conflicted.  It was a huge game.  I think they should have played.  I said this once before, but i'm a nobody and I could have mentally continued.

I can also see it from the other side.  Not everyone is the same mentally.  Just because you are a huge beast does not automatically make you able to deal well with situations like this.

If you would have continued for the Superbowl then you should have continued last night unless Hamlin was 100% gone.

As it stands, Hamlin is in the same condition he would have been whether they continued or not.

I'm so back and forth on this.  Admittedly in a partially greedy, selfish way.

All understandable. I am also back and forth on this because of my greedy, selfish way. I wanted us to play on but realistically
the Bills and Tee just couldn't.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: All for it.

Get the guys a rest and let's see BA work some magic. Get Ja'Marr to 1,000 too, then take him out (like last year).

Well, it's really hard to decide whether or not to rest the players. Not just for the Bengals, but for the Ravens. If the Bengals-Bills tilt is not ever going to be replayed, then the Ravens certainly would benefit from resting their players, because they can't win the division. Why risk Lamar or other starters in a meaningless game? But what if the Bengals-Bills game is resumed? The Bills could win and then the Ravens-Bengals game would be for the division and home field. So, how do you know whether or not to rest your stars for the playoffs?

The reason it's hard to decide whether or not to rest the players is because the NFL "leadership" is copping-out on making a decision. They need to make a decision before this weekend on whether or not the Bengals-Bills game will ever be played. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, it's really hard to decide whether or not to rest the players. Not just for the Bengals, but for the Ravens. If the Bengals-Bills tilt is not ever going to be replayed, then the Ravens certainly would benefit from resting their players, because they can't win the division. Why risk Lamar or other starters in a meaningless game? But what if the Bengals-Bills game is resumed? The Bills could win and then the Ravens-Bengals game would be for the division and home field. So, how do you know whether or not to rest your stars for the playoffs?

The reason it's hard to decide whether or not to rest the players is because the NFL "leadership" is copping-out on making a decision. They need to make a decision before this weekend on whether or not the Bengals-Bills game will ever be played. 

I’m honestly not sure if Lamar steps on the field again in a Raven uniform.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 100% they would have continued the game.

If there had been a mass shooting on the field at the SB the game would be played.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All understandable. I am also back and forth on this because of my greedy, selfish way. I wanted us to play on but realistically
the Bills and Tee just couldn't.

I think the biggest hang up now for me is that the NFL is just kicking it down the road.  No real info.  Just seem to be holding out and hoping games drop the way they want so this can just go away.

seriously bro, what are the odds as a Bengals fan this happens?  1 in a million, billion, trillion?

We just started to become relevant after 30+ years last year.  This has never happened before and it happens in one of the most anticipated games of the year, at home and we looked like world beaters.  I mean FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

See, and this is where I suck.  I can feel like raging over that, but I am just numb with what happened and wanted them to continue knowing Hamlin was still alive.

Sorry, just rambling.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:31 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What if KC loses Saturday to Vegas?

KC would still have a .764 winning percentage #1
Bengals beat Ravens= Cincy .75 winning percentage # 2
Patriots beat Bills= Bills .75 winning percentage # 3, Bengals win tiebreaker due to the fifth rule of the strength of victory.  SOV is calculated by combining the winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten. When two teams end up with identical records after the regular season, they combine the records of the opponents in each of the team's wins and calculate the total winning percentage.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:36 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I think the biggest hang up now for me is that the NFL is just kicking it down the road.  No real info.  Just seem to be holding out and hoping games drop the way they want so this can just go away.

seriously bro, what are the odds as a Bengals fan this happens?  1 in a million, billion, trillion?

We just started to become relevant after 30+ years last year.  This has never happened before and it happens in one of the most anticipated games of the year, at home and we looked like world beaters.  I mean FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

See, and this is where I suck.  I can feel like raging over that, but I am just numb with what happened and wanted them to continue knowing Hamlin was still alive.

Sorry, just rambling.

I getcha, it is rough all the way around. Was a monster game and we looked really good against one of the best teams in 
the league and my second favorite team. The NFL just kicking it down the road just makes it even worse honestly. Oh well,
on to the Ravens who I think we can beat and win the Division in the mean time.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha, it is rough all the way around. Was a monster game and we looked really good against one of the best teams in 
the league and my second favorite team. The NFL just kicking it down the road just makes it even worse honestly. Oh well,
on to the Ravens who I think we can beat and win the Division in the mean time.

Ya, I just wish the NFL would step up and be decisive.

I live in Bills Country.  Most of my friends are big Bills fans.  Bills signs, clothes, stickers, etc everywhere. My sons best friend got to do the table dive smash thing last year. lol.

Sure would be nice to at least hear some good news for Hamlin.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ya, I just wish the NFL would step up and be decisive.

I live in Bills Country.  Most of my friends are big Bills fans.  Bills signs, clothes, stickers, etc everywhere.  My sons best friend got to do the table dive smash thing last year.  lol.

Sure would be nice to at least hear some good news for Hamlin.

Damn rights, need to hear somethin' man! Hopefully good news. Would make everything better.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:36 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: KC would still have a .764 winning percentage #1
Patriots beat Bills= Bills .75 winning percentage # 3, Bengals win tiebreaker due to the fifth rule of the strength of victory.  SOV is calculated by combining the winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten. When two teams end up with identical records after the regular season, they combine the records of the opponents in each of the team's wins and calculate the total winning percentage.

You missed the point. If KC loses to LV it really opens the door for #1. Bills would still have a chance win or lose to NE and Bengals would have a chance assuming a win over the Ravens. The Bills/Bengals game would have to resume with the winner getting #1.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
If Jackson can play, it is dicey.

If not, we should be favored.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:36 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: KC would still have a .764 winning percentage #1

You missed completely. You put a .75 win percentage based on 16 games. The bills and bengals would determine the 1 seed, as they both have the tie breaker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If Jackson can play, it is dicey.

If not, we should be favored.

I’m with you on that, Lamar is that X-factor player. That being said, I think we beat the Ravens with or without him on the field, and despite everything that happened last night. Zac will have this team ready to go, focused, and they will be hungry once the butterflies go away.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:51 PM)cinci4life Wrote: You missed the point. If KC loses to LV it really opens the door for #1. Bills would still have a chance win or lose to NE and Bengals would have a chance assuming a win over the Ravens. The Bills/Bengals game would have to resume with the winner getting #1.
How are you figuring that based on the winning %? 

If KC loses to the Raiders they'll be 13-4, so 13/17-games= .764
Bengals win over Ravens 12-4, so 12/16-games=.75
Patriots beat Bills, Bills 12-4, so 12/16=.75

If Bills beat Patriots they'll be 13-3, so 13/16-games = .812 they be # 1

If KC beats Raiders 14-3, so 14/17-games= .823, they'll be #1
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:23 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm conflicted.  It was a huge game.  I think they should have played.  I said this once before, but i'm a nobody and I could have mentally continued.

I'm so back and fourth on this.  Admittedly in a partially greedy, selfish way.

I do get it. I wanted to see this match up so bad. Then add on to that how good the Bengals looked in that 1st QTR. No way to know how it would've ended but the chance to set ourselves up in the playoffs while shining in prime time would've been sweet. I also think not playing the game just created a huge headache on so many levels for football and fans.

But having said all that I just think it was too big a tragedy to continue. We are use to seeing significant injuries to players but they can get fixed up and have the chance to play again. I wouldn't have been fair to the Bills as I think the players in they're secondary would've really struggled to play a game when they are worried about they're friends life. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn rights, need to hear somethin' man! Hopefully good news. Would make everything better.

I've been praying really hard.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You missed completely. You put a .75 win percentage based on 16 games.  The bills and bengals would determine the 1 seed, as they both have the tie breaker.

If the Bills game is declared as a NO CONTEST, then the divisor would only be 16 games.  A ruling of NO CONTEST means as if the game never happened and it wouldn't count for or against either team. 
Reply/Quote