Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ravens at The Jungle Bengals Predictions
Bengals usually play Ravens better in Cincinnati than at Baltimore. Plus Ravens lost Dobbins for the season.

I predict Bengals look better and take care of business in The Jungle.

Bengals don't play starters in preseason, and the problem with that is they looked preseason football in Week One, in the rain at Cleveland where Bengals have not been winning lately. OK, the starters knocked the rust off like a preseason game, but sadly the loss counts. Still, I look for Bengals to be sharper and better this game in Cincinnati

So Bengals WIN Home Opener in THE JUNGLE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ravens 38-3.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:07 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals usually play Ravens better in Cincinnati than at Baltimore.  Plus Ravens lost Dobbins for the season.  

I predict Bengals look better and take care of business in The Jungle.  

Bengals don't play starters in preseason, and the problem with that is they looked preseason football in Week One, in the rain at Cleveland where Bengals have not been winning lately. OK, the starters knocked the rust off like a preseason game, but sadly the loss counts.  Still, I look for Bengals to be sharper and better this game in Cincinnati

So Bengals WIN Home Opener in THE JUNGLE.

JK Dobbins has only played 9 games across 2+ seasons now. Team still had been plenty competitive without him.

Ravens have a good run defense and Bengals aren't a running team, so it will come down to if Burrow and pass catchers can carve up their secondary again like in recent games past.

Hopefully an overreaction on my part, but the offense looked the worst that I've ever seen it. I know the weather, Burrow's lack of practice, and all that factored in, but I'm still kinda worried.

I feel gross saying it, but Ravens 21-17
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens are without:

RB1: Dobbins (season)
FS1: Williams (months)
OC1 Linderbaum (weeks)
LT1: Stanley (weeks)
LB3: Bowser (weeks)

Questionable
TE1: Andrews (Did not play last week)
CB1: Humphrey (Did not play last week)

We should know more later today.

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals get their first win this year and start a win streak. Won't predict a score but they play alot better and get their feet under them. Who Dey Wink
Reply/Quote
Bengals had more than rust, they had frozen corroded moving parts. If they play like they are capable it could be a close game. I just don't think Burrow is near 100%. The calf and possibly a thumb issue they aren't talking about? Whenever opposing teams list so many starters possibly out against us that usually means their 2nd's play like pro bowlers. Our D will be up to the task but could be gassed in 2nd half if O struggles again. Hope Robbins only has to punt a couple of times.

Weather shouldn't be a factor. Partly cloudy in the 70's.
Reply/Quote
20 - 17 Bengals. I think they will lean on their defense to win...again.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If our line doesn’t protect Burrow, we’ll get blown out again.

If they do, we’ll blow them out and have The Jungle rocking.

I don’t have ANY faith in our line.

31-6 Ravens.

Hope I’m very wrong.
Reply/Quote
OLine will be record-setting garbage again

Mixon will breakdance, sideways and then trip over his own feet again

Our “elite” WR’s can’t get open again

JB still rusty but broke 100 yards passing this game

Only positive: McP finds his groove

24-9 Rat Turds

———-

Ok that’s me being negative Nancy

23-17 Rat Turds in a relatively good game as we still try to find answers / figure things out on O
Reply/Quote
I expect the Ravens ability to pressure Burrow will be a Notch less than what Cleveland's Defense just did with Myles Garrett/Zadarius.

Burrow and Bengal receivers should have more time and space to operate and feel more like themselves with dry uniforms. Tongue

Rookie CJ Stroud had the Texans in a 7 to 6 game around 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter with lesser receivers than Burrow has.

The Bengals have some film on the Ravens most productive receiver Week 1 Zay Flowers.

I expect a slightly better game out of Mixon than he had week 1 against the Browns.

Bengals need to limit Lamar Jackson's impact as a runner and the Bengals Defense holds up well against the pass.

Home crowd gets some chances to get excited & behind the Team which eases tensions and helps Bengal players remember who they are.

All that said, I see a close game with Bengals winning by 4.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ravens are without:

RB1:  Dobbins (season)
FS1:  Williams (months)
OC1  Linderbaum (weeks)
LT1:   Stanley (weeks)
LB3:  Bowser (weeks)

Questionable
TE1:  Andrews (Did not play last week)
CB1:  Humphrey (Did not play last week)

We should know more later today.

Bowser is one of their starters when healthy. Watch a lot of their tape and he is a pretty underrated piece for them. Very versatile in coverage. We are 100% healthy, at home, coming off a terrible game against a team missing their two top lineman and their two top secondary pieces. It would be embarressing not to win this game. 

I wonder if we will every play the Ravens when they aren't missing several of their stars. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:22 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Bowser is one of their starters when healthy. Watch a lot of their tape and he is a pretty underrated piece for them. Very versatile in coverage. We are 100% healthy, at home, coming off a terrible game against a team missing their two top lineman and their two top secondary pieces. It would be embarressing not to win this game. 

I wonder if we will every play the Ravens when they aren't missing several of their stars. 

Yeah, I should have listed him as OLB1, I subconsciously listed him as 3rd in order of Ro, Queen, and him.  Kinda like Tee & Boyd being WR2 & 3.

Assuming Garo Yepremian isnt still possessing Burrow's body, we should win this game.

Reply/Quote
I’m counting last week as the 4th preseason game especially with the chiefs and Bills losing no harm no foul.

Season starts Sunday and they are already decimated.

Bengals 31

Rats 14
Reply/Quote
Ravens-28
Bengals-3

Ravens defense already gives us fits. I expect another week of ironing out for Zaxh and co.

Have fun with AAron Donald on MNF.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If our line doesn’t protect Burrow, we’ll get blown out again.

If they do, we’ll blow them out and have The Jungle rocking.

I don’t have ANY faith in our line.

31-6 Ravens.

Hope I’m very wrong.

Damn, when Brad's calling for an L, you know the previous game was a bad one.

I feel the skepticism, and I agree, but to a lesser extent.  The Bengals will rally from last week's dud and show some pride, but will fall short 20-17.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Wow, so many are giving up on Bengals after one week of football and 15 games left. I'm not surprised, that was always standard on Bengals Board for fans to quit on the team early and start talking draft picks in September, even when it was on the Bengals.com site. Still, after Super Bowl and AFC Championship years back to back, I would think fans would have gained more confidence in this team. I didn't like last weeks game either, but for some reason the Bengals have played better against the Ravens last few years than against the Browns. The Bengals have been able to beat the Ravens, the Browns not so much.

I think it's way too early to say the Bengals are awful. That was just one game. Bengals have a lot of talent and I look for them to win the Home Opener in THE JUNGLE.

Now if this game was in Baltimore, but Bengals do pretty good against Ravens in THE JUNGLE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 04:32 PM)kevin Wrote: Wow, so many are giving up on Bengals after one week of football and 15 games left. I'm not surprised, that was always standard on Bengals Board for fans to quit on the team early and start talking draft picks in September, even when it was on the Bengals.com site. Still, after Super Bowl and AFC Championship years back to back, I would think fans would have gained more confidence in this team. I didn't like last weeks game either, but for some reason the Bengals have played better against the Ravens last few years than against the Browns. The Bengals have been able to beat the Ravens, the Browns not so much.

I think it's way too early to say the Bengals are awful. That was just one game. Bengals have a lot of talent and I look for them to win the Home Opener in THE JUNGLE.

Now if this game was in Baltimore, but Bengals do pretty good against Ravens in THE JUNGLE.

Half whole country has. Lots of analysts are picking the Rat Turds.

It’s going to take a lot more time to truly shake the decades long Bungles rep.

Losses are totally fine ….and expected.

Flat-out embarrassing Bungle-esque thrashings are not.

I would have been good w a respectable loss - chalking it all up to rust.

There is honestly little excuse with all this talent to get completely decimated like we did.

We failed and horribly at every front.

The old Bungles absolutely showed up.
Reply/Quote
Because the Browns didn't beat the breaks off of us last year. We'll get it together. The defense played well against the Browns. I think they'll play well against the Ravens. This will be a tough AFCN game with two defenses showing off.

Bengals 20
Ravens 17

CTB will seal the game with a late game int
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 04:32 PM)kevin Wrote: Wow, so many are giving up on Bengals after one week of football and 15 games left.  I'm not surprised, that was always standard on Bengals Board for fans to quit on the team early and start talking draft picks in September, even when it was on the Bengals.com site.  Still, after Super Bowl and AFC Championship years back to back, I would think fans would have gained more confidence in this team. I didn't like last weeks game either, but for some reason the Bengals have played better against the Ravens last few years than against the Browns.  The Bengals have been able to beat the Ravens, the Browns not so much.  

I think it's way too early to say the Bengals are awful.  That was just one game.  Bengals have a lot of talent and I look for them to win the Home Opener in THE JUNGLE.

I didn't say I was giving up.  I looked at the situation and I feel they'll come up short Sunday.  I could very well be wrong, but even if I'm not, as you point out, there's still fifteen games after this one, so the season is hardly over.  Now, if they go into the bye 1-5 or something, then I imagine you'll hear that sort of talk in earnest.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Yeah, I should have listed him as OLB1, I subconsciously listed him as 3rd in order of Ro, Queen, and him.  Kinda like Tee & Boyd being WR2 & 3.

Assuming Garo Yepremian isnt still possessing Burrow's body, we should win this game.

This is the key, honestly. He left a minimum of fourteen points on the field Sunday. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote