Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ravens at The Jungle Bengals Predictions
This is 100% on Burrow - if he has his accuracy back we should win. If we get the incredibly inaccurate Burrow we had last week it will be another blowout loss. Remember what postgame analysis showed - Burrow left a LOT of plays on the field including three TDs. If we had accurate Joe last week we win that game - same here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:07 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals usually play Ravens better in Cincinnati than at Baltimore.  Plus Ravens lost Dobbins for the season.  

I predict Bengals look better and take care of business in The Jungle.  

Bengals don't play starters in preseason, and the problem with that is they looked preseason football in Week One, in the rain at Cleveland where Bengals have not been winning lately. OK, the starters knocked the rust off like a preseason game, but sadly the loss counts.  Still, I look for Bengals to be sharper and better this game in Cincinnati

So Bengals WIN Home Opener in THE JUNGLE.

35-21 Bengals
Reply/Quote
Bengals lose 24-10 and Zac Taylor realizes preseason actually means something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Bengals win
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 03:17 PM)Tomkat Wrote: 8 points is hardly "big"
Has to be at least 2 scores to be considered that.

It is against the Ravens.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm just here to see the board melt down it they lose.

If the Bengals score more points, they should come away with the win.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 03:48 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: I'm just here to see the board melt down it they lose.

If the Bengals score more points, they should come away with the win.

So far in Bengals history, their win percentage is 1000% when scoring more points than the other team
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 03:48 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: I'm just here to see the board melt down it they lose.

And rightfully so if we do.

Losing today, factoring in that we are playing the Rat Turds at home
-With them dealing w injuries
-With us being spanked and embarrassed last week
-Going 0-2 in the division.

All good reasons to be pissed.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 09:17 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Bengals lose 24-10 and Zac Taylor realizes preseason actually means something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree on Coach Taylor, I would like to see him get the starters in for a quick rep in preseason game one, and most of first half in preseason game 2, and then not play them the last one to avoid injuries.  Taylor not playing them at all is no good, and too much trying to avoid injuries.  OK, these guys lift weights and work out and go through light contact practices, but they aren't in Game Condition.  When the starters took the field in Cleveland, they weren't ready for a game because they were not in Game Condition.  Also their timing on blocking and running and passing was way off, No Timing. 

I don't look for that to be a problem today, Bengals starters have played a game finally, and are in Game Condition actually ready to play a game today, which they were not last week.   I do agree on Coach Taylor needing to get his starters more reps in preseason, because he is going so far in avoiding injuries that the team is not ready for first game of season, and therefore always loses first game of season. 

I do think Bengals will be ready today because the starters actually got Game Reps in last week for first time this year.  It's not just benching Burrow preseason.  Taylor benches Chase, Higgins, Mixon, and most of the starting O Line in preseason, so of course they are going to look like garbage the first game they get into, because they are not in Game Condition.  Lifting weights is not game condition. 

Again, Bengals starters did at least get game reps in last week, and should be more ready to actually play and win a game today. 

I agree with BronxBengal that Taylor approach to preseason is a mistake. I can see not using a starting QB with a calf injury, but Taylor not playing any starters is a huge mistake in preseason, and why Bengals always lose in week one of regular season. They are not trained for battle, so they are not ready for battle. This learn as they go crap in week one isn't working.

However Bengals have came back from these week one losses to go to AFC Championships. Look for the Bengals timing and execution to be sharper in game 2 now that they have finally got their butts on the field in game one.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Do we have any other teams’ info related to “preseason-play to game-one” success/busts?

Would be curious to see any trends.
Reply/Quote
Kevin, are you saying you think the starters will be ready today?
Reply/Quote
Taylor is 100% wrong on his pre-season ideology regarding our starters on offense, and our poor September performances prove it.

We are soft on offense & do not value running the ball, run blocking, or TEs. And are utterly predictable on offense. ZT does not even believe in fooling the other team, or trying to. All shotgun, spread, and read.

I HATE the way we play offensively.

If we get thrashed again, does anyone's seat get hot? Pollack? Callahan?

I dream of ZT getting fired, Lou taking the reigns, and another offensive philisophy taking root. It won't happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 12:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Taylor is 100% wrong on his pre-season ideology regarding our starters on offense, and our poor September performances prove it.

We are soft on offense & do not value running the ball, run blocking, or TEs. And are utterly predictable on offense. ZT does not even believe in fooling the other team, or trying to. All shotgun, spread, and read.

If we get thrashed again, does anyone's seat get hot? Pollack? Callahan?

I dream of ZT getting fired, Lou taking the reigns, and another offensive philisophy taking root. It won't happen.

You make some good points. I often wonder if Burrow would thrive in an offense with double-TEs similar to what Brady had with Gronk and Hernandez.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 12:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We are soft on offense & do not value running the ball, run blocking, or TEs. And are utterly predictable on offense. ZT does not even believe in fooling the other team, or trying to. All shotgun, spread, and read.

Feel the exact same.

Soft, zero creativity, zero clever scheming.

Play calling is so vanilla and has been for many years.

We put it all on pure talent, mostly JB+Chase+Higgins

Even when we look great, it’s bc all of our talent showed up.
Reply/Quote
If they play like last week, 0-2 and a blow out to rub it in our noses.

If Zac prepped well and can stick to a plan (like running the ball), we will win (thanks to our D).
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:55 PM)Whacked Wrote: Our “elite” WR’s can’t get open again

JB still rusty

23-17 Rat Turds in a relatively good game as we still try to find answers / figure things out on O

Close

Wish I wasn’t Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:11 PM)Whacked Wrote: Close

Wish I wasn’t Sad

Me too and me too.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:56 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Lots of negative Nellies up in here! I firmly believe that this Bengals team can beat anyone. Bengals win and cover 24 - 20.  Looking like another rainy Sunday so take the under. 

Well sh*t, at least I got our score right Sick
Reply/Quote