Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens fired their OC
Why do any of our coaches still have jobs? Which coach has done a good job? Offensive line? OC? DC? Special teams? Head coach? We are below average everywhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17761604/baltimore-ravens-fire-offensive-coordinator-marc-trestman-replace-marty-mornhinweg
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
lol

Guess Mike and Marvin really like wasting half our possession time we get on 1 to 2 yards runs up the midle
Reply/Quote
Because we have a top 10 offense and our same DC had one of the best defenses in the league last year
Reply/Quote
That's the difference between Mike Brown and pretty much every other owner in the league. Not settling for mediocrity, and holding coaches accountable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That's the difference between Mike Brown and pretty much every other owner in the league. Not settling for mediocrity, and holding coaches accountable.

Uh, no, that is not right.  

How many teams with a worse offense than the Bengals have fired their OC this year after just 5 games?
Reply/Quote
Ravens saw what it did for the Bills and Lions.

Fred, nobody is fearing this "offense". Garbage time yards in the 3 losses has boosted standing.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no, that is not right.  

How many teams with a worse offense than the Bengals have fired their OC this year after just 5 games?
I was more referring to Marvin and Alexander, who've both been here over a decade without ever getting us over the hump. No other team would employ coaches that long unless they're winning championships like Belichick.  

Im willing to give Zamp more time, but I think we're seeing the reason he didn't get a OC job sooner. Hope I'm wrong. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ravens saw what it did for the Bills and Lions.

Fred, nobody is fearing this "offense". Garbage time yards in the 3 losses has boosted standing.

There was no garbage time points against Pitt. We lost by one score.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:59 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why do any of our coaches still have jobs? Which coach has done a good job? Offensive line? OC? DC? Special teams? Head coach? We are below average everywhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17761604/baltimore-ravens-fire-offensive-coordinator-marc-trestman-replace-marty-mornhinweg

Sadly they won't change anything.  This is going to be a down year for us.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fred, nobody is fearing this "offense". Garbage time yards in the 3 losses has boosted standing.

I agree it has not been great, but it has not been bad enough to fire the OC after just 5 games.

Look around the league.  Lot's of teams with worse offense are not firing their OCs.  Just because one out of thirty-two does it that does not mean every team is doing it.
Reply/Quote

Our offense isn't good. We have a lot of yards and a not a whole lot of points. You like going by points per game with the defense, but not the offense... Hmmm seems a little interesting. The offensive line looks like a complete joke. The offense as a whole hasn't looked very good. We stall out a lot, and if we can't get chunk plays then we lose the game. Defenses know all they have to do is take away the bomb and we have nothing left. That's really easy to do when the offense live looks like a high school line too.
Reply/Quote

This isn't last year, Fred. I can only assume you've been watching the games. Are you honestly happy with our current staff? Do you not think a coaching change would be beneficial for us? 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree it has not been great, but it has not been bad enough to fire the OC after just 5 games.

Look around the league.  Lot's of teams with worse offense are not firing their OCs.  Just because one out of thirty-two does it that does not mean every team is doing it.

Lots of teams have excuses why they don't have top offenses after 5 games .. like Journeyman QBs.. NO WR threats.. WE have both of those..  and a REALLY shitty offensive offensive line.. I say we Fire Paul Alexander and if it doesn't improve after that. .Shitcan Zampese too
Reply/Quote
Although not 100% sold on him, I agree on giving Zampese a bit more time. Piano Man? There is no excuse for him to even still be here, should be shown the door immediately, but Mikey has to have someone play his dinner parties I guess.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: This isn't last year, Fred. I can only assume you've been watching the games. Are you honestly happy with our current staff? Do you not think a coaching change would be beneficial for us? 

But the guys you want fired were here last year.

I believe that a coaching change would only help if we can bring in better coaches.  There are not a lot of coaches out there that have better track records than what we have now.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the guys you want fired were here last year.

I believe that a coaching change would only help if we can bring in better coaches.  There are not a lot of coaches out there that have better track records than what we have now.

If we miss the playoffs, I want Marvin gone and I want Vance Joseph brought in and for him to be allowed to choose his staff. I want Paul Alexander gone immediately if not, sooner. I don't care if a can of soup replaces him
Reply/Quote
Buffalo is the more apt reasoning.

This is the wrong sitch; Trestman has bee deplorable since he came from the CFL, in any capacity; him being re-hired was all riding his coattails from the millennium.

And like Fred said, Bmore has the horrid numbers to back it up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens are a winning organization and will do what ever it takes to win! Bengals are more worried about upsetting people and not hurting their feelings to make a bold move like firing their OC. We need to fire the whole lot of them if we don't make the playoffs! We are just wasting the talent we have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
When you fire an OC mid year you promote from within.....who on this offensive staff do you want being our new OC? You can't bring an outside guy in mid year and change scheme, so if you don't have someone in house you just ride the storm out.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was no garbage time points against Pitt. We lost by one score.

I thought those late checkdowns to Gio that the Steelers D allowed with glee was garbage time yards. Game was close, but there wasn't a real passing threat.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote