Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Sign Pacman
(07-11-2018, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: No but dumb people tend to start swinging fist when they have been defeated by words.

if you paid any attention to this story adam jones did nothing wrong... and defended himself appropriately.

Yes he defended himself accordingly and I'll applaud him for that. But there is no way Pacman is completely innocent in all this. Granted I haven't seen much of the story yet, just the video and hearsay tweets. But Pacman always seems to find trouble for himself at least once an offseason. Pacman may not have been arrested for this incident, but I doubt he didn't escalate the situation. I've got a feeling this thing wouldn't have come to blows if he acted differently.  
Reply/Quote
Boy, you think one would have been enough, but he kept throwing down on him.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Adam Jones was involved in an altercation, the police were called, and the other guy was arrested. Jones was not even cited. That tells me all I need to know. Dude probably thought he could incite Adam to do something so he could sue him, but someone filmed it. And no, when you are iin a street fight and you knock a guy down, there are no standing 8 counts, as the guy is likely to get up and kill you. You finish him off and make sure he doesn't get up. Thinking otherwise is ludicrous. And, now we know who will defend their wives and who won't..... and as for which Bengal I would least want to tangle with..... Tim Krumrie.

Absolutely! I'll never understand the "unwritten rules" people have made up over the years for street fights... People, wake up. There are no rules. If you're able to put your opponent down you'd better make the f*** sure he's staying down. Plus, the guy attacking Pacman was hardly even "down". Just on his butt. Now if he was down on his back and completely unconscious that's a different story. 
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 01:41 PM)Gohards Wrote: Lol I've never seen so many people defend Pacman. He was still in the wrong. And I usually defend Pacman. The guy was on the ground and he started hitting him. That right there is far from "defending yourself."

Pacman Jones career, as we know it is over. As it should be. With his age, durability, liability, and stupidity.

Btw, I honestly thought he would be able to fight better.

Those were just "stay down" punches. He had to make sure the dude knew the fight was over.

I've been calling for Pacman to get cut for 2 years, but he didn't do anything wrong here, IMO. At least not anything that was caught on camera.

The guy wouldn't leave him alone, sucker punched him, and Adam made sure the guy went down and stayed down. Proper response, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones, but he did create his own reputation. It should be interesting to learn the back story on this. We don't know, perhaps the two had some sort of history, perhaps from Pacman's big clubbin' days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Welp.. Rolleyes Upon watching the video, the best I can say is it was pretty weak, on both accounts. First of all, if you're going to pick a fight with an NFL baller, you ought to at least know how to fight.. Secondly, Pacman really showing his age in that skirmish. He should have easily KOed that chump. LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 01:59 PM)BengalD Wrote: So this has to beg the question - who is the dude you would least want to tangle with (current or former), and what is the basis for your answer? Bottom line - who is the best bad ass the Bengals ever had?

Burfict. Hands down. He grew up fighting gangbangers in LA. And he’s just a BAMF.

Wouldn’t want to tangle with James Harrison either.

Reply/Quote
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-adam-pacman-jones-attacked-atlanta-airport-attacker-arrested-150042512.html

Quote:A man and current free agent Adam “Pacman” Jones was attacked by an employee in Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport on Tuesday evening, per TMZ. The aggressor was arrested on two counts of battery.

Frank Ragin, an employee of facilities management company ABM, “made a gesture toward” Jones, the TMZ article states. Jones confronted Ragin regarding the gesture, and the two exchanged words.

“Mr. Ragin eventually struck Mr. Jones with a closed fist, causing a laceration to Mr. Jones’ face,” authorities told TMZ. Ragin also struck Jones’ female companion, causing an injury to her hand. Jones defended himself, eventually causing Ragin to fall to the ground. Police determined Ragin was indeed the aggressor, and he was arrested on two counts of battery.

Ragin was taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries he suffered during the fight. Jones and his companion refused medical treatment.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 06:12 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Boy, you think one would have been enough, but he kept throwing down on him.

I feel supremely confident that the name Pacman Jones and the word restraint have NEVER appeared or been uttered without phrases such as '"did not exercise, showed no, or, is incapable of displaying" sandwiched in between them.

Good CB, great punt returner, incapable of self-control, that's Pacman Jones in a nutshell.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Adam Jones was involved in an altercation, the police were called, and the other guy was arrested. Jones was not even cited. That tells me all I need to know. Dude probably thought he could incite Adam to do something so he could sue him, but someone filmed it. And no, when you are iin a street fight and you knock a guy down, there are no standing 8 counts, as the guy is likely to get up and kill you. You finish him off and make sure he doesn't get up. Thinking otherwise is ludicrous. And, now we know who will defend their wives and who won't..... and as for which Bengal I would least want to tangle with..... Tim Krumrie.

How could I forget? Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 08:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like to blame him for that, but I just can't. By that point in the game, they were so frustrated with the cheating refs, and then the refs allowed Joey Porter to enter the Bengals huddle without being flagged. He lost it. I probably would have too..... and he barely brushed the ref as he was going by, it was a BS flag. All staged to make sure the Stealers got the win.

It was BS because they allowed Porter on field but still is not excusable on Pacmans end. 

He is a hothead plain and simple and his was the only mental mistake and that can not be accepted from a seasoned vet in such a situation.  

The refs had nothing to do with meltdown though, Tez intercepts then runs in locker room with half the team acting like game was over when there was 2 minutes left and steelers had 3 TO's left. Refs did not flag for delay of game. Hill fumbles, nothing to do with refs, Tez clearly late hits WR drawing flag, this was directly in front of my seat and it was clear the pass was thrown too high and he was at least two steps away when it sailed over. Stupid but during play when one only can react. 

Then Pacman lets Porter sucker him into flag, believe me they knew exactly who was the hothead and targeted him because kick could not hardly be made in the driving rain without his error. 

Plus he is a punk. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 02:50 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Mrs. Jones did a hell of a job holding pac back.  Could have made our Oline last yr.

She would have starred on our OL last year.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 11:23 AM)Go Cards Wrote: She would have starred on our OL last year.

Hilarious   Hell, I could've started on our offensive line last year.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Dude baited him and he took it hook, line, and sinker.

Should he defend his significant other even though she wishes him not to ? Absolutely !

But his error was getting mad over a simple gesture and helping it escalate to that point with angry verbal sparring.

Dude was looking to get paid and he took the bait again. Lots of stars get baited the same way constantly but keep out of fights by realizing what it is. Hell bet Hines Ward hears something or gets gesture from many opposing fans as do they all.

Believe this, it will not be the last time he is baited in such a manner.

Please do not re-sign this fool.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just for the record how many fights have you all been in during your adult life ?

Seems a common occurrence with Pacman.

Next question, how many women have you hit in your adult life ?

It does not seem, to matter to Pacman if it is a woman or not.

Eventually one has to look at the common denominator in the equation.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 11:44 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Just for the record how many fights have you all been in during your adult life ?

Seems a common occurrence with Pacman.

Next question, how many women have you hit in your adult life ?

It does not seem, to matter to Pacman if it is a woman or not.

Eventually one has to look at the common denominator in the equation.

Women who throw punches get punches... Equal rights and lefts lol
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 11:11 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It was BS because they allowed Porter on field but still is not excusable on Pacmans end. 

He is a hothead plain and simple and his was the only mental mistake and that can not be accepted from a seasoned vet in such a situation.  

The refs had nothing to do with meltdown though, Tez intercepts then runs in locker room with half the team acting like game was over when there was 2 minutes left and steelers had 3 TO's left. Refs did not flag for delay of game. Hill fumbles, nothing to do with refs, Tez clearly late hits WR drawing flag, this was directly in front of my seat and it was clear the pass was thrown too high and he was at least two steps away when it sailed over. Stupid but during play when one only can react. 

Then Pacman lets Porter sucker him into flag, believe me they knew exactly who was the hothead and targeted him because kick could not hardly be made in the driving rain without his error. 

Plus he is a punk. 

I'm not disagreeing with any of that, what I'm saying the penalty Jones was called for was complete BS.... no one can even say what he did to deserve the flag. ... It was an uncalled for flag that was thrown to ensure the Stealer win.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/10/10743978/steelers-bengals-ending-recap-vontaze-burfict-hit-penalty-pacman-jones-rant

Quote:BUT WHAT ABOUT JONES? It's still not exactly clear what Jones did to earn a flag. We do know that Jones was absolutely livid at referees after the game because he posted a heated, expletive-laden rant on Instagram. Jones' penalty appeared to have something to do with the fact that Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter was on the field, interacting with Bengals players -- something that our own Cyd Ziegler explains is definitely against the rules and likely should have earned a flag.

Jones is a bonehead no doubt, but I'm not crucifying the guy for his reputation when no one can explain what he did. The airport is the same deal, if it were Dalton or Green getting in that fight, there would be 100% support in the same circumstances. So yes, Jones is a bonehead who drinks too much and puts himself in bad situation, but I can't see how walking through an airport is making a bad decision. This is on the airport worker, which is why he is the guy who went to jail.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not disagreeing with any of that, what I'm saying the penalty Jones was called for was complete BS.... no one can even say what he did to deserve the flag. ... It was an uncalled for flag that was thrown to ensure the Stealer win.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/10/10743978/steelers-bengals-ending-recap-vontaze-burfict-hit-penalty-pacman-jones-rant

Jones is a bonehead no doubt, but I'm not crucifying the guy for his reputation when no one can explain what he did. The airport is the same deal, if it were Dalton or Green getting in that fight, there would be 100% support in the same circumstances. So yes, Jones is a bonehead who drinks too much and puts himself in bad situation, but I can't see how walking through an airport is making a bad decision. This is on the airport worker, which is why he is the guy who went to jail.

Agree with everything except Jones should have walked on by without hurling insults back. He seems to always want the last word. 

Dalton and AJ would be defended per not having a history of same thing over and over again. 

Bet Dalton has heard some snide remarks or got a hand gesture or two from steeler fan somewhere. 

If I am going through airport or out on town with significant other and some fool is clearly trying to start a fight for no apparent reason I will just laugh at him (usually pisses them off worse) and keep moving on. Even though I weigh 275 with great hand eye coordination and am a beast in a fight and not afraid of an ass whooping. 

Am smarter than that though. 

But dude egging him on was a punk too and feel no pity for the fool. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with everything except Jones should have walked on by without hurling insults back. He seems to always want the last word. 

Dalton and AJ would be defended per not having a history of same thing over and over again. 

Bet Dalton has heard some snide remarks or got a hand gesture or two from steeler fan somewhere. 

If I am going through airport or out on town with significant other and some fool is clearly trying to start a fight for no apparent reason I will just laugh at him (usually pisses them off worse) and keep moving on. Even though I weigh 275 with great hand eye coordination and am a beast in a fight and not afraid of an ass whooping. 

I bet Dalton gets it from Bengal fans more then Steeler fans...
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with everything except Jones should have walked on by without hurling insults back. He seems to always want the last word. 

I'm sure Dalton has had worse than snide remarks by Bengal fans too. The issue with Pac Man is, yes it was in an airport and he didn't make a poor decision just by being there but it's what he does while he's there. Who the hell constantly gets into fights no matter where they go. I'm sure there were words exchaged when he could have just kept walking. Show some restraint and keep walking. One could argue that he put his woman in a dangerous situation, what if the guy just decided to shoot them? Everyone on here would be saying the same thing, act like an adult and keep your mouth shut and let it go. Just for the record, especially in a remote area, never get in a fight with a crazy person when your with your woman. Too many things can go wrong, not worth risking her getting hurt or you hurt cause she's hold you back plus leaving her alone while you lay on the ground bleeding or unconscious usually dosent end well. There are messed up people out there. Just keep walking.

With that said, it was a public place and the guy looked like he pushed his woman so he had every right at that point to protect them both, and yes I agree with making sure the sob stays down.
Reply/Quote