Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reader update
Unfortunately not much news from Zac's presser. He'll probably be getting an MRI when they get back to Cincinnati

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Readers become Leaders. Reader has the Captain C. Learned that in Elementary School and it was correct!
Reply/Quote
I suspect they pulled him just to be cautionary until he gets a scan. He was walking around on it.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully nothing major. Sucks that they play again Thursday so he won’t have much time to get treatment and rest it (if it is not that serious like we hope)
Reply/Quote
I think Reader is so important id bet we have trouble making playoffs without him.

He’s a one man army against the run
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I suspect they pulled him just to be cautionary until he gets a scan. He was walking around on it.

The most likely diagnosis is a sprained MCL.  They would have stabilized a potential ACL.  A sprained MCL can be walked on.  It just hurts with some instability depending on the degree.  This could be an injury he can play with on Thursday with the following 10 days off or he could be out 6 weeks.

But this is what DJ said

Reply/Quote
I’d still hope they grab an extra body off the waiver wire, especially given the short week.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:31 PM)pally Wrote: The most likely diagnosis is a sprained MCL.  They would have stabilized a potential ACL.  A sprained MCL can be walked on.  It just hurts with some instability depending on the degree.  This could be an injury he can play with on Thursday with the following 10 days off or he could be out 6 weeks.

But this is what DJ said

Oh so he got to say WTF in the fourth qtr too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:34 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d still hope they grab an extra body off the waiver wire, especially given the short week.

The short week makes it less likely we grab someone off the waiver wire. Look for Shelvin to get elevated 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:20 PM)Housh Wrote: I think Reader is so important id bet we have trouble making playoffs without him.

He’s a one man army against the run

This is the truth.  They were gashing the run after he left.  Tupou is solid, but nobody is Reader.  Too bad Tyler Shelvin didn't pan out...we could have really used him now.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is the truth.  They were gashing the run after he left.  Tupou is solid, but nobody is Reader.  Too bad Tyler Shelvin didn't pan out...we could have really used him now.  

If Reader is out I wonder if Hubbard moves inside some and Ossai gets more snaps. Sam is easily the 2nd best defender against the run on the team.

Reply/Quote
He walked off which is a positive, Then he got ruled out quickly which was a negative.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:34 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d still hope they grab an extra body off the waiver wire, especially given the short week.

Go get SUH
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:05 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He walked off which is a positive, Then he got ruled out quickly which was a negative.

Nah, not really, with the score, and the time left. No reason to keep him in the game and risk anything else. That’s a big man putting a lot of pressure and weight on a weakened knee. Park it and start resting up big boi, they got it from here!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:10 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Go get SUH

He wouldn't be ready to play by Thursday.  A Shelvin game day elevation is the most likely scenario if they need another body

Reply/Quote
Reader is an elite run stopping DT. If that was valued as much as sacks...he'd be HOF caliber.

He's the G Atkins of run stopping.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The short week makes it less likely we grab someone off the waiver wire. Look for Shelvin to get elevated 

Probably. He’s serviceable, especially as a stop-gap.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Reader is out I wonder if Hubbard moves inside some and Ossai gets more snaps. Sam is easily the 2nd best defender against the run on the team.

Hubbard sets the edge against the run. I wouldn't want him inside on run downs. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed he's ok
Reply/Quote
Need him to get healthy and get back in the lineup quick. DT takes a real hit without him there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote