Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Realists Unite
Now I know a lot of the blind homers around here call us “haters” but we just work hard to keep it real. WTS, these last couple weeks and the fact we’ve locked up the AFC North will make these homers all the more less realistic. We must act.

Zac: Now that he’s led us to a division crown in his 3rd year at the helm, these homers will want to keep him around; what can we do to nip that in the bud? Should we keep harping on the struggles of his first 2 years or focus more on this year’s Jets/Bears games?

Division Title: Should we let them know that the other teams in our division are “real” winners and will soon put us back in the cellar or assert they are over-rated and ANY non-AFC North team would have won this division?

Ja”Marr over Penei: Now any realists will tell you Oline was the way to go in RD 1 but the rookie season Chase has put together will cloud their rational judgement. Do we point to the average seasons some other rookie olinemen are having or focus on how Ja’Marr is hurting Tee’s/Tyler’s production.

Poor personnel decisions: Of course we still have Waynes to keep these homers kinda centered, but I fear the performances of the likes of Hendrickson, Hill, Ogunjobi, Awuzie, Apple, and others will lead them to thinking this FO is making good decisions. What can we do; is it too far in the past to remind folks of Antonio Bryant?

C’Mon fellas I need help. If we’re not proactive the homers will take over this forum.

I got it….PLAYOFFS..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To this day I will continue with Pitts>Chase>Sewell with Chase being the best over all fit/need.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The offense hasn’t scored a TD on every single possession. Also the defense gives up points sometimes. With the talent on this team we should be 16-0. We may have won today but we were losing at one point, basically a loss. These are complaints they can never take from us.
Reply/Quote
I've only had to sit through 30 years of frustrating football to feel this joy.  I almost wish I had to wait 50 years to feel it so it would feel more joyous.

Also, I'm concerned that the team will have trouble keeping talent when Burrow signs his 15 year, 2.5 billion dollar contract soon.

Oh, one more...I have to wait until 2028 before I can laugh in Steeler fan faces because we have more SBs than them.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the back up fellas. My fear is that these unrealistic blind homers will infiltrate the Gameday thread and try to tell us:

The game is not over when we fall behind 0-7

The defense didn't collapse when we give up a FG in a half

That everyone on the coaching staff shouldn't be fired when we fall behind

That we're a real team
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:38 PM)Synric Wrote: To this day I will continue with Pitts>Chase>Sewell with Chase being the best over all fit/need.

First rookie TE to cross 1k yards in 60 years. It’s really impressive to think that no matter who we selected there out of those three would have been a stud right off the bat. Thankfully, it appears we picked the biggest stud.
Reply/Quote
All joking aside Zac made horrible decision at the end of the game and got bailed out by the refs.
Reply/Quote
Realist checking in…..

1) Nobody was wrong for wanting Sewell….hell we still need that help.
2) we won in spite of Eli Apple. I know it was Mahomes but dang.
3) Do we really make the playoffs with another QB? ZT isn’t out there throwing the ball. If play calling would’ve won that game then we would’ve scored a TD on that last drive.

With all that said, I enjoy eating crow on #1….I will not change my opinion about Mr. Apple, and kudos to ZT for coaching with his balls on the outside of his pants today.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:37 AM)basballguy Wrote: Realist checking in…..

3) Do we really make the playoffs with another QB? ZT isn’t out there throwing the ball. If play calling would’ve won that game then we would’ve scored a TD on that last drive.

With all that said, I enjoy eating crow on #1….I will not change my opinion about Mr. Apple, and kudos to ZT for coaching with his balls on the outside of his pants today.

I thought Apple played well today. I’m waiting on the All-22 though.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All joking aside Zac made horrible decision at the end of the game and got bailed out by the refs.

Which call are you talking about? The offsetting holding calls, or the hands to the face?

The hands to the face was legit, Boyd even had to readjust his helmet during his route right after it. I don’t think I’ve seen any replays of the offsetting holds.

The refs did, however, give the Bengals favorable calls for first downs earlier on in the game a couple times.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:48 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: The hands to the face was legit, Boyd even had to readjust his helmet during his route right after it.

I guess I should have said "stupid penalty by defender" instead of "the refs".

Boyd was not open even without the penalty.  Burrow had no where to go with the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now I know a lot of the blind homers around here call us “haters” but we just work hard to keep it real. WTS, these last couple weeks and the fact we’ve locked up the AFC North will make these homers all the more less realistic. We must act.

Zac: Now that he’s led us to a division crown in his 3rd year at the helm, these homers will want to keep him around; what can we do to nip that in the bud? Should we keep harping on the struggles of his first 2 years or focus more on this year’s Jets/Bears games?

Division Title: Should we let them know that the other teams in our division are “real” winners and will soon put us back in the cellar or assert they are over-rated and ANY non-AFC North team would have won this division?

Ja”Marr over Penei: Now any realists will tell you Oline was the way to go in RD 1 but the rookie season Chase has put together will cloud their rational judgement. Do we point to the average seasons some other rookie olinemen are having or focus on how Ja’Marr is hurting Tee’s/Tyler’s production.

Poor personnel decisions: Of course we still have Waynes to keep these homers kinda centered, but I fear the performances of the likes of Hendrickson, Hill, Ogunjobi, Awuzie, Apple, and others will lead them to thinking this FO is making good decisions. What can we do; is it too far in the past to remind folks of Antonio Bryant?

C’Mon fellas I need help. If we’re not proactive the homers will take over this forum.

I got it….PLAYOFFS..

I'm having trouble not loving everything right now. Get back to me after the playoff game...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess I should have said "stupid penalty by defender" instead of "the refs".

Boyd was not open even without the penalty.  Burrow had no where to go with the ball.

He wasn't open because he had to straighten his helmet back out after the hands to the face / illegal contact...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:37 AM)basballguy Wrote: Realist checking in…..

Did you know that since the bye week, Eli Apple’s PFF pass coverage grade is 1st in the NFL?

Did you know that since the bye week, he leads the league in passer rating against? That he leads the league in opponent catch rate?

He was actually really improved even before the bye week, having a rough go of things in just the first few games. He’s been vital to the secondary, starting all but one game, and probably playing just as well as Awuzie over the whole year…maybe even better.

If you won’t change your opinion on him, at least admit that it’s due to earlier opinions and bias, and not due to actual on-field results.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess I should have said "stupid penalty by defender" instead of "the refs".

Just to be clear, overall I am thrilled with this win.  Amazing turn around for the defense in the second half.  Multiple clutch plays on fourth downs and 3rd-and-27.  Two separate fourth quarter drives to take the lead.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:24 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: First rookie TE to cross 1k yards in 60 years. It’s really impressive to think that no matter who we selected there out of those three would have been a stud right off the bat. Thankfully, it appears we picked the biggest stud.

1 TD in 16 games though…

I can’t wrap my head around that.

Reply/Quote

Yeah man, the opposition gets baited in to dumb shit penalties when you ball on them all game. Burrow and the receivers forced those dudes to commit penalties.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:54 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Did you know that since the bye week, Eli Apple’s PFF pass coverage grade is 1st in the NFL?

Did you know that since the bye week, he leads the league in passer rating against? That he leads the league in opponent catch rate?

He was actually really improved even before the bye week, having a rough go of things in just the first few games. He’s been vital to the secondary, starting all but one game, and probably playing just as well as Awuzie over the whole year…maybe even better.

If you won’t change your opinion on him, at least admit that it’s due to earlier opinions and bias, and not due to actual on-field results.

Apple hasn’t been better than Awuzie, but he’s been playing great football since right around the bye. Some people just get too dug in on things, and won’t admit he’s been one of our better players lately.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:58 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Yeah man, the opposition gets baited in to dumb shit penalties when you ball on them all game. Burrow and the receivers forced those dudes to commit penalties.

Lets be honest, they coulda called 3-5 more penalties on dbs. Thay big catch Tee had was illegal contact all the way at least.. The 2nd Jamaar Td was interference too.. 
Reply/Quote