Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record Chasers....... CountDown
(10-12-2015, 11:16 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dalton surpassing Palmer's touchdowns is a big one.

Wont be long now either...

Also Dalton was best in the league on 3rd down until that INT
Reply/Quote
Added counters for the best ever Franchise Start (current 6-0) and Win Streak (7 games)
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Added counters for the best ever Franchise Start (current 6-0)  and Win Streak (7 games)

You had to add these since the Bengals are so close.

Just win the next three and its done, lol.

Next three games, @Bills 1pm start, @Steelers 1pm start and then home against the Browns on Thursday Night.

LET'S DO THIS GENTLEMEN!!!

WHO-DEY!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1.5 - Sacks needed by defensive end Carlos Dunlap to pass Justin Smith into fourth place on the Bengals all-time sack list with 44. Eddie Edwards, who played 170 games from 1977-88, is the leader with 83.5.

4 - TD catches Green needs to pass Eddie Brown (41) into fourth place on the Bengals all-time list.  *Got robbed on one

3 - Road wins Dalton needs this season to get the most victories by a visiting away QB in his first five seasons in the NFL since the 1970 merger, according to Elias. Dan Marino, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Ryan are all tied with 23.

2 - Victories Dalton needs to pass Palmer (46) on the Bengals’ all-time quarterback wins list behind Anderson (91) and Boomer Esiason (62).

4 - Victories Dalton needs to pass Tom Brady and Dan Marino on the list of most wins by a NFL QB in his first five seasons as compiled by Elias. Brady and Marino are tied in fourth place with 48.

4  TD passes Dalton needs to pass Jeff Garcia (113) 4th  With 110 , Dalton also has  Matt Ryan (127)3rd in his sights.

18 - TD passes Dalton needs to give him the third most TD passes of any QB in his first five seasons in the NFL, a list topped by Marino (168) and Peyton Manning (138), according to Elias.

960 - Yards Hill needs to pass Corey Dillon in first two NFL seasons (2,259). (13 yards week 5)

**** 2 More Wins by the Bengals to have their Best Ever Start @ 7-0 (previous was 6-0) *** This has to be achieved before the 1st loss of the season

*****3 More Wins To beat the Longest win Streak in Franchise history of 8 games (previous 7)** Counter will reset if they lose before accomplishing.

**PLAYOFF WIN**   Its been a long time... This has got to happen... but we must wait until January

****Accomplished**** TD passes Dalton needs to pass Johnny Unitas and Matthew Stafford into fifth place on the list of NFL QBs who have thrown the most TD passes in their first five seasons, as compiled by Elias.

****Accomplished**** Sack(s) needed by Geno Atkins to pass another 1988 folk hero, Tim Krumrie, for most sacks by a Bengals defensive lineman. Krumrie’s 34.5 from 1983-94 in 188 games are fifth on the club’s all-time list. (0 Week 3)

****Accomplished**** Passing yards Dalton needs to pass Blake (15,134) and move into fourth on the Bengals all-time list behind Anderson, Esiason, and Palmer.

****Accomplished****  Won a game in Oakland.

****Accomplished**** TD catches Green needs to pass Coach T.J. Houshmandzadeh (37) into fifth on the Bengals all-time list

****Accomplished****  Put the 3 in the first ever 0-3 Start by the ravens (also took 2 home openers from the ravens in a row and supplied both of flaccos losses at home in september)

I updated the numbers to reflect the first 5 games....

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Numbers-game-marks-the-spot/aba8bba1-3425-4b40-8656-ebfaf10d806f
Thanks for posting
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'd sure like to see Dalton pass Jeff Garcia's record this Sunday.
Especially since that would lead to a minimum score of 25 (can't imagine missing 4 extra point attempts), and Andy Dalton has NEVER lost an NFL game after offense has scored at least 25 points.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1.5 - Sacks needed by defensive end Carlos Dunlap to pass Justin Smith into fourth place on the Bengals all-time sack list with 44. Eddie Edwards, who played 170 games from 1977-88, is the leader with 83.5.

4 - TD catches Green needs to pass Eddie Brown (41) into fourth place on the Bengals all-time list.  *Got robbed on one

3 - Road wins Dalton needs this season to get the most victories by a visiting away QB in his first five seasons in the NFL since the 1970 merger, according to Elias. Dan Marino, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Ryan are all tied with 23.

2 - Victories Dalton needs to pass Palmer (46) on the Bengals’ all-time quarterback wins list behind Anderson (91) and Boomer Esiason (62).

4 - Victories Dalton needs to pass Tom Brady and Dan Marino on the list of most wins by a NFL QB in his first five seasons as compiled by Elias. Brady and Marino are tied in fourth place with 48.

4  TD passes Dalton needs to pass Jeff Garcia (113) 4th  With 110 , Dalton also has  Matt Ryan (127)3rd in his sights.

18 - TD passes Dalton needs to give him the third most TD passes of any QB in his first five seasons in the NFL, a list topped by Marino (168) and Peyton Manning (138), according to Elias.

960 - Yards Hill needs to pass Corey Dillon in first two NFL seasons (2,259). (13 yards week 5)

**** 2 More Wins by the Bengals to have their Best Ever Start @ 7-0 (previous was 6-0) *** This has to be achieved before the 1st loss of the season

*****3 More Wins To beat the Longest win Streak in Franchise history of 8 games (previous 7)** Counter will reset if they lose before accomplishing.

**PLAYOFF WIN**   Its been a long time... This has got to happen... but we must wait until January

****Accomplished**** TD passes Dalton needs to pass Johnny Unitas and Matthew Stafford into fifth place on the list of NFL QBs who have thrown the most TD passes in their first five seasons, as compiled by Elias.

****Accomplished**** Sack(s) needed by Geno Atkins to pass another 1988 folk hero, Tim Krumrie, for most sacks by a Bengals defensive lineman. Krumrie’s 34.5 from 1983-94 in 188 games are fifth on the club’s all-time list. (0 Week 3)

****Accomplished**** Passing yards Dalton needs to pass Blake (15,134) and move into fourth on the Bengals all-time list behind Anderson, Esiason, and Palmer.

****Accomplished****  Won a game in Oakland.

****Accomplished**** TD catches Green needs to pass Coach T.J. Houshmandzadeh (37) into fifth on the Bengals all-time list

****Accomplished****  Put the 3 in the first ever 0-3 Start by the ravens (also took 2 home openers from the ravens in a row and supplied both of flaccos losses at home in september)

I updated the numbers to reflect the first 5 games....

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Numbers-game-marks-the-spot/aba8bba1-3425-4b40-8656-ebfaf10d806f

Well Carlos had 1.5 sacks today, so I guess that one is achieved!
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking maybe Points Scored in a season should be added to the list along with consecutive starts for Andy Dalton.

Dalton has started 70 regular season games in a row then add in the playoff games and he's at 74 games started in a row for the Bengals. That has to be a record right? Or am I not remembering the 80's very well?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 04:27 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm thinking maybe Points Scored in a season should be added to the list along with consecutive starts for Andy Dalton.

Dalton has started 70 regular season games in a row then add in the playoff games and he's at 74 games started in a row for the Bengals. That has to be a record right? Or am I not remembering the 80's very well?

Ill check on that...  If you mean just QB starts its possible hes close... if you mean bengals starts hes 40 some shy
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 04:27 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm thinking maybe Points Scored in a season should be added to the list along with consecutive starts for Andy Dalton.

16 - Consecutive starts needed by Dalton, now with 64, to reach 80 straight, extending his club record for quarterbacks once held by Esiason with 61 straight starts from 1985-89. Third on the list is Blake with 52 (1994-97) and then Palmer with 51 (2005-2008).

He already holds that record ill put it under accomplishments.

it will take 2 more years but he has Esiasons 98 straight starts record in his sights as well
Reply/Quote
Week 6 Added a few accomplishments Added i didnt have on the list before both accomplished and not yet.

See post 1
Reply/Quote
I think AD may also be the only NFL QB to have a win against every Super Bowl winning QB the past decade

He accomplished it beating Wilson a couple of weeks ago

Ben R.
Rodgers
Flacco
Wilson
Brees
P. Manning
Eli Manning
Brady
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Add andrew whitworths Streak of snaps with no sack.... Currently @ 819 current pff record is 899......

Also clint boiling is now over 300 as well with no sacks
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Add andrew whitworths Streak of snaps with no sack....  Currently @ 819  current pff record is 899......

Also clint boiling is now over 300 as well with no sacks

Didn't Whitworth gave up a sack against Seattle?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 08:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Didn't Whitworth gave up a sack against Seattle?

not according to pff must have been assigned to someone else.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 01:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think AD may also be the only NFL QB to have a win against every Super Bowl winning QB the past decade

He accomplished it beating Wilson a couple of weeks ago

Ben R.
Rodgers
Flacco
Wilson
Brees
P. Manning
Eli Manning
Brady

This should be attributed to the Bengals defense, not a guy that isn't even on the field when those guys are throwing the ball.

Or you could say that Andy has a win against every Super Bowl winning team of the past decade? QBs don't beat QBs though.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I understand the passing yards for Dalton, but not the wins. It's a team game.

Why not tell us how many wins AJ Green has for first 5 years compared to other WRs? Makes just as much sense.

Just a fact of the game. There's two people that carry the win-loss record of the team-The HC and the quarterback. It's been that way for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 12:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 16 - Consecutive starts needed by Dalton, now with 64, to reach 80 straight, extending his club record for quarterbacks once held by Esiason with 61 straight starts from 1985-89. Third on the list is Blake with 52 (1994-97) and then Palmer with 51 (2005-2008).

He already holds that record ill put it under accomplishments.

it will take 2 more years but he has Esiasons 98 straight starts record in his sights as well

Blake's streak is a bit of a stunner. He was the short term band aid for Klingler that just stuck around. Every year the team tried to replace him, and every year he held onto that starting position with a death grip.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:05 AM)Bengal Rama Wrote: Just a fact of the game.  There's two people that carry the win-loss record of the team-The HC and the quarterback.  It's been that way for a long time.

It's a "fact" to the media and casual fans that blindly follow everything the media tells them to.

Wins are a team statistic. I have no problem saying that Andy Dalton played at an elite level against the Chargers which played a huge role in the team's victory, but the Bengals beat the Chargers, not Andy.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It's a "fact" to the media and casual fans that blindly follow everything the media tells them to.

Wins are a team statistic. I have no problem saying that Andy Dalton played at an elite level against the Chargers which played a huge role in the team's victory, but the Bengals beat the Chargers, not Andy.

Its true every game is a team win or loss... i just think its easier to define an era of a team by who the QB is unless that team is changing QBs yearly...
Reply/Quote
Only if Lewis had coughlins playoff success
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote