Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 2015 season thread
(07-06-2015, 07:22 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: On a side note, any of you guys going to the All-Star Game?

I am! I am excited to go and see Todd-Father lol... Seriously I want to get my Jersey signed by him. Heard he walks around signing stuff for people before every game.  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would be crazy to trade away all the good players we have who are in their prime.

Prospects don't all become good players.  Some of them do not even become decent players.  That is why you have to keep as many of the good players as you can who have already proven they can play in the majors.

I apologize, Fred. I should of been a little more clear. They will not - and probably more accurately can not - trade away your best player in Joey Votto. Most likely cannot trade BP. You wont trade away your fan favorite (now) in Todd Frazier. You most likely wont Trade B-Ham, as he could become alot better with some EXP. And he'll be affordable. Add them with our young, promising bullpen, and there is your core team to build around. It will still be a watchable team, but just not a great team.

I would really like a great team to watch. And yes, I know having those types of teams are a pipe dream, but add me into the group to request FO to do anything possible to make that come to fruition. If that means trading "insert players name here", do it please.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 08:04 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I am! I am excited to go and see Todd-Father lol... Seriously I want to get my Jersey signed by him. Heard he walks around signing stuff for people before every game.  

He's become the face of the franchise.  Helluva player, helluva dude.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
THE REDS are WINNING every day.....on Reds Rewind on FoxOhio TV......With the All-Star Game coming, the Reds station is showing some of Reds best games ever.....Yesterday I saw Game 2 of the 1975 World Series followed by the 1970 All-Star Game in Cincinnati followed by baseball highlights film by MLB......highlights of Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Bob Gibson.....in the 1970 All Star Game, Joe Morgan of the Houston Astros on base and knocked in to tie the game by Roberto Clemente. Pete Rose of course crashes into Ray Fosse to win in the just opened a week earlier Riverfront Stadium in Cincy.......Yaz, Lynn, Tiant, Fisk, Carbo....Rose, Morgan, Griffey, Bench, Perez, Concepcion, Geronimo, Foster.......All-Stars of Killebrew, Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson.

This is fun stuff on FoxOhio compared to 2015 Reds just swept by last place Milwaukee. ....I expect they will show some 1990 World Series and some 1976 World Series and show the 1970 All-Star game in Cincy a few more times.....Great stuff with All-Star Game in Cincy coming up fast. ....If you get a chance to watch any of this, it's pretty fun stuf

Right now they are showing another game from 1975 World Series, Gary Nolan pitching for Reds. ....Fun stuff as opposed to all the losing lately.

I will add I found 1965 All-Star Game on YouTube, and a short clip of Tony Perez winning 1967 All-Star Game. I will try to watch more of this stuff on YouTube also....REDS ALL-STAR GAME WEEK......now when Fox showed their Joey Votto interview again for the thousandth time, I turned that off.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 05:48 AM)McC Wrote: Guess what, Fred.  The jury is in.  This is not a winning core.   Keeping them around won't change that. 

But never fear.  They ain't going anywhere anyway.

So every team that does not win has to flip all 25 players on their roster?

Get a clue.  That is not how it works.  You keep as many guys you can who are in their prime and producing well.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 09:31 AM)McC Wrote: He's become the face of the franchise.  Helluva player, helluva dude.

Wait...What?

Isn't he part of the "losing core"?
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'd vote Cueto
Reply/Quote
Vote for Cueto, dude has been solid this year. If not for a sputtering offense and a garbage bullpen he would have a better W/L record.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 06:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wait...What?

Isn't he part of the "losing core"?

He's next generation.  Keep up, Fred.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So every team that does not win has to flip all 25 players on their roster?

Get a clue.  That is not how it works.  You keep as many guys you can who are in their prime and producing well.

They're not trading anybody but Cueto and maybe Chapman. 

Get a molecule of decency.   Have you ever lived among humans?   You sure don't have a clue how to act.

Who are all these well producing in their prime guys? 

Aside from Votto, whose contract makes him all but un-tradeable, the only guy who fits that description is Frazier.  Mesaraco probably would, if he was able to play.

So, don't worry, broken record, they will not be tearing it all down. 

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So every team that does not win has to flip all 25 players on their roster?

A few recent teams have done that with some success. KC did it 5 years ago and they have a great team and great minor league pipeline now. Houston did it 3-4 years ago and they are back in playoff contention this year. Atlanta started the process this offseason, still wait and see there.
Reply/Quote
The 1976 All-Star Game is also on YouTube, and that had a lot of Reds in it. ....Again, FoxOhio TV is showing a lot of Reds World Series games and All-Star Games, some great stuff for Reds All-Star Week.

Now, we just need good weather for this thing. The farmers have had enough rain. Lets hope the Home Run Derby and the All-Star Game have good weather in Cincinnati. Dancing Dancing
Reply/Quote
I'm flying into Cincy tomorrow. Glad to be leaving the 100 degree weather of Charlotte.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would be crazy to trade away all the good players we have who are in their prime.

Prospects don't all become good players.  Some of them do not even become decent players.  That is why you have to keep as many of the good players as you can who have already proven they can play in the majors.

It's crazy to believe we have good players in their prime ! After Frazier there's very little left to make a case for. We're batting .212 with RISP, only 1 team worse in the entire league. And this isn't just a bump in the road it's the same theme 3 years running. Get a clue
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 11:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's crazy to believe we have good players in their prime ! After Frazier there's very little left to make a case for. We're batting .212 with RISP, only 1 team worse in the entire league. And this isn't just a bump in the road it's the same theme 3 years running. Get a clue

Bruce is 28
Votto is 31
Mesoraco is 27
Cozart is 29
Hamiltonis 24 
Leake is 27
Bailey is 29
Hoover is 27
Chapman is 27
Desclafani is 25
Lorenzen is 23

That is only 11 out of 25, but we do have some solid players in their prime
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 12:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bruce is 28
Votto is 31
Mesoraco is 27
Cozart is 29
Hamiltonis 24 
Leake is 27
Bailey is 29
Hoover is 27
Chapman is 27
Desclafani is 25
Lorenzen is 23

That is only 11 out of 25, but we do have some solid players in their prime

It is getting harder and harder for me to call Bruce a good player at this point. He was one of my favorite players for awhile, but was so terrible last year. He is having a better year, but I still can't call him good as of right now.

Hamilton isn't quite good yet.

I also am very skeptical about how Mesoraco will come back from a serious injury.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 02:11 PM)MrRager Wrote: It is getting harder and harder for me to call Bruce a good player at this point. He was one of my favorite players for awhile, but was so terrible last year. He is having a better year, but I still can't call him good as of right now.

He is not back to the level of leading the league in HR and RBI, but he is still top 50 in MLB in RBI, HR, and slugging.  Considering there are 30 teams, that is pretty good.  Plus he still has one of the best arms in the league.  Guys like Bruce are not that easy to replace.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 02:11 PM)MrRager Wrote: I also am very skeptical about how Mesoraco will come back from a serious injury.

Same here.  Plus I am worried about Bailey.  Homer has to come back strong for us to have any hope of contending over the next few years.
Reply/Quote
I think we just got outscored 24-5 against one of the worst teams in the league.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Im finding it harder and harder to stay invested in this season.
Reply/Quote