Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 2015 season thread
Very few Reds are putting up stats worthy of being in the majors. Cueto, DiSciafani, Leake are the only 3 starters who have gave Reds innings and put up an ERA under 5 runs a game. Of course Chapman is putting up great stats as the closer. Hoover has been the other best reliever and Cingrani stats are OK. More needs to be seen of Parra, Adcock and Contreras, good stats but not many innings. Lorenzen, Mattheus, Moscot are under 5 runs a game but over 4. Iglesias just over 5 runs a game is border line. Bailey was 5 runs a game but was injured and then right back injured all season meaning Reds brought him back too soon. ....The hitters, Phillips, Pena, Votto, Frazier and Cozart are the only 5 batters over .250 with a good share of at bats. Suarez, DeJesus need more at bats on this team. Of the low batting averages, Bruce and Byrd have around 10 homers each, and Hamilton has the 25 stolen bases and youth on his side. Mesoraco low stats are like Bailey, the guy was injured while trying to play.

This leaves some players whos stats should keep them in the minors or just gone. Barnhart, Schumaker, Dominquez, Negron......pitchers Marquis, Badenhop, Diaz, Villarreal, Gregg......These 9 have been awful on the Reds in 2015.

Since the Reds have such a huge lack of talent, talk of trading away good players and keeping the bad players to me is just going way too cheap. Any draft picks in 2015 and 2016 will be years away from playing in the majors. Reds better keep some players putting up major league worthy numbers for 2016. ...I can see trading Cueto who has had his share of arm injuries. I could see trading him to a play-off team who is willing to trade us one of the top prospects coming up in baseball. Most of the other trade talk I am dead set against. Cueto could take a top team to the World Series and I would expect a very top prospect for this trade.

I am wondering about our pitching coach and hitting coach. Also Price as manager. Big Klu would have got Bruce out of his slump and be more help to Hamilton. These coaches must stink.

I'm looking forward to All-Star Game in Cincy....but I'm finding it hard to get behind a Reds team that everybody is excited about getting rid of all the players at mid season. That is hard to get excited about. If done, the Reds will field baseball at it's worst the rest of 2015 and into 2016.
Reply/Quote
Reds lineup tonight: A few crusty bitches and a handful of ragtags.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 09:42 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: This would be delusional and short-sighted.  We can't let Cueto leave without getting something decent in return.

Not like the return on Johnny will be that great. Had they did this last year, that would of netted the most return/better prospect (see the Cubs). Other team gets a comp pick if he signs elsewhere.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
MLB trade rumors is reporting that the Reds have had "preliminary" talks on an Aroldis Chapman trade.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 11:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: MLB trade rumors is reporting that the Reds have had "preliminary" talks on an Aroldis Chapman trade.

It'll blow to see him go, but it's best for the future of the franchise....along with Cueto and possible Leake and Bruce
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
By my count 1-12 with RISP Sunday night. The vaunted .207 with RISP ain't .207 anymore.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Wishful Thinking........Could the Reds get back to .500 before the All-Star Game ???......That would be something to shoot for, having at least a respectable record .....

Either way, I'm looking forward to the All-Star Game in Cincinnati, mostly because of what Castallini has done.....The Reds Hall of Fame....The park honors Reds media and Reds players and even Bernie Stowe. ....I hope the blimp shows Joe's words in light outside the stadium, " Rounding third and heading for home ". ....The statues of Reds greats......This could be one of Reds finest moments, as nation see's statues of Nux and Klu and Bench and Morgan....

It would be nice if team climbed up near .500 and not back to last place....but All-Star Game will be great either way.....Oh, once All-Star Game over, I'll be ready for Bengals training camp and pre-season. That may be last baseball game I watch in 2015....unless Reds climb back to .500
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 04:03 PM)kevin Wrote: Very few Reds are putting up stats worthy of being in the majors. Cueto, DiSciafani, Leake are the only 3 starters who have gave Reds innings and put up an ERA under 5 runs a game. Of course Chapman is putting up great stats as the closer. Hoover has been the other best reliever and Cingrani stats are OK. More needs to be seen of Parra, Adcock and Contreras, good stats but not many innings. Lorenzen, Mattheus, Moscot are under 5 runs a game but over 4. Iglesias just over 5 runs a game is border line. Bailey was 5 runs a game but was injured and then right back injured all season meaning Reds brought him back too soon. ....The hitters, Phillips, Pena, Votto, Frazier and Cozart are the only 5 batters over .250 with a good share of at bats. Suarez, DeJesus need more at bats on this team. Of the low batting averages, Bruce and Byrd have around 10 homers each, and Hamilton has the 25 stolen bases and youth on his side. Mesoraco low stats are like Bailey, the guy was injured while trying to play.

This leaves some players whos stats should keep them in the minors or just gone. Barnhart, Schumaker, Dominquez, Negron......pitchers Marquis, Badenhop, Diaz, Villarreal, Gregg......These 9 have been awful on the Reds in 2015.  

Since the Reds have such a huge lack of talent, talk of trading away good players and keeping the bad players to me is just going way too cheap. Any draft picks in 2015 and 2016 will be years away from playing in the majors. Reds better keep some players putting up major league worthy numbers for 2016. ...I can see trading Cueto who has had his share of arm injuries. I could see trading him to a play-off team who is willing to trade us one of the top prospects coming up in baseball. Most of the other trade talk I am dead set against. Cueto could take a top team to the World Series and I would expect a very top prospect for this trade.

I am wondering about our pitching coach and hitting coach. Also Price as manager.  Big Klu would have got Bruce out of his slump and be more help to Hamilton. These coaches must stink.

I'm looking forward to All-Star Game in Cincy....but I'm finding it hard to get behind a Reds team that everybody is excited about getting rid of all the players at mid season. That is hard to get excited about. If done, the Reds will field baseball at it's worst the rest of 2015 and into 2016.

You would have to first have some sort of analytical department that you could use the tell how bad these players are compared to others. They lack on developing an analytical approach to baseball. And I wouldn't get to excited about the all-star game. Check out DOC TML about how there are supposed to be 9 Royals players there  Confused
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Only 5 games out of the wildcard spot.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 02:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 5 games out of the wildcard spot.

This is why this group will stay together, unfortunately.  They are good enough to hang around but not good enough to be real contenders.  So Joke-ity will have an excuse to do nothing and we'll see the same next year and the year after that.  The only real hope is that there is real help in the farm system.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 08:42 AM)McC Wrote: This is why this group will stay together, unfortunately.  They are good enough to hang around but not good enough to be real contenders.  So Joke-ity will have an excuse to do nothing and we'll see the same next year and the year after that.  The only real hope is that there is real help in the farm system.

Right, because he never makes any moves in the offseason.  

That's why we still have Latos, Simon, and Heisey on our roster, right?
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because he never makes any moves in the offseason.  

That's why we still have Latos, Simon, and Heisey on our roster, right?

He makes moves.  But he has tied his own hands, so he is in an uphill battle of his own creation.  Sometimes, he makes decent moves.  But his mistakes are what's killing the franchise right now.  He assembled a core that couldn't get it done when they had their best chance and now he's stuck with them.

We'll be looking up at the Cardinals long after you and I have left this earth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 02:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 5 games out of the wildcard spot.

Yeah but I think we have 6 or 7 teams to jump.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Ugh I hate the spot this team is in right now. Good enough to stay in the hunt, but not good enough to show anything that this team can go far in the post season. I hope Walt and Bob do the right thing for this team, trying to make a run and keeping certain players would be foolish.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 01:06 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ugh I hate the spot this team is in right now. Good enough to stay in the hunt, but not good enough to show anything that this team can go far in the post season. I hope Walt and Bob do the right thing for this team, trying to make a run and keeping certain players would be foolish.

But blowing the whole thing up and getting rid of every good player would also be foolish.

the prime years for MLB players are late 20's and early 30's.  We have a lot of guys just coming into that range.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But blowing the whole thing up and getting rid of every good player would also be foolish.

the prime years for MLB players are late 20's and early 30's.  We have a lot of guys just coming into that range.

Problem is, the players you'd want to keep are the ones with trade value and the ones whose salaries are handcuffing the org. are the ones you'll have a hard time moving.

Reply/Quote
I think Cueto and Chapman have to/ will be traded. There is no way they can afford Cueto next year, but being possibly a rent-an-ace, he won't bring back the prospects he should. Chapman might have the highest trade value and that's why he should be traded for a potential Ace or middle of the order bat prospect, preferably an OF or SS.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 05:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think Cueto and Chapman have to/ will be traded. There is no way they can afford Cueto next year, but being possibly a rent-an-ace, he won't bring back the prospects he should. Chapman might have the highest trade value and that's why he should be traded for a potential Ace or middle of the order bat prospect, preferably an OF or SS.

Agree Chapman and Cueto are the top trade prospects, but we have a pretty good SS.  We need an OF and some more pitching in return.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 09:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree Chapman and Cueto are the top trade prospects, but we have a pretty good SS.  We need an OF and some more pitching in return.
I think we are loaded with young pitching, like 7 of our top 10 prospects are pitchers. We might have a pretty good SS, still means it can upgraded to a great SS.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 05:27 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think we are loaded with young pitching, like 7 of our top 10 prospects are pitchers. We might have a pretty good SS, still means it can upgraded to a great SS.

You guys don't seem to realize that great shortstops are hard to find.

When you trade proven talent for prospects you are hoping that prospects turn out great.  But the fact is that only a small percentage of them do.

What do you think we would have to give up to get a SS better than Cozart?
Reply/Quote