Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 2015 season thread
23-30. Roughly 1/3 of the season is over.

Reds starters have a 4.13 ERA. Relievers 4.53.

Reds hitters..
.245 with none on
.231 with runners on
.197 with runners in scoring position
.168 2 out with runners in scoring position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 08:48 AM)Goalpost Wrote: 23-30.  Roughly 1/3 of the season is over.

Reds starters have a 4.13 ERA.  Relievers 4.53.

Reds hitters..
.245 with none on
.231 with runners on
.197 with runners in scoring position
.168 2 out with runners in scoring position.

Well, with three rookies in the rotation, the starter ERA isn't all that horrible.  Gregg probably single-handedly  rocketed the bullpen through the roof.

The hitting numbers are appalling, no matter how you slice it.  Same old story, different year.  

And Price is a terrible manager.  He is personally responsible for those two hideous losses in Philly.

Need a new GM and a new manager yesterday.  Reds have been on a steady backwards slide since the SF playoff debacle and there's no reversing it now with this current collection of chokers and bad decision makers.  I can barely stand to watch them any more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:04 AM)McC Wrote: Well, with three rookies in the rotation, the starter ERA isn't all that horrible.  Gregg probably single-handedly  rocketed the bullpen through the roof.

The hitting numbers are appalling, no matter how you slice it.  Same old story, different year.  

And Price is a terrible manager.  He is personally responsible for those two hideous losses in Philly.

Need a new GM and a new manager yesterday.  Reds have been on a steady backwards slide since the SF playoff debacle and there's no reversing it now with this current collection of chokers and bad decision makers.  I can barely stand to watch them any more.

Listening to the radio 3 or 4 days ago I heard an announcer give a stat like .098 BA for the Reds with runners on 2nd and 3rd and two outs ! Worst in baseball by like 100+ points.

Our hitting is, or more precisely lack there of, among the worst in modern MLB history with RISP !

I haven't watched a single minute since Chapman gave up that 4-0 lead in the 9th the other night. And I'm not sure I'll tune them back in ? Going to be a long summer.
Reply/Quote
After watching this bullpen I feel bad telling my 13 year old his chances of playing pro ball are statistically zero.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:31 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I agree. I think we should follow the examples by the Astros and Braves. Everyone is available for the right price. Get younger, cheaper and fresh start. 

Top guys to trade:
Cueto
Chapman
Phillips
Bruce
Frazier
Leake
Votto (unlikely due to contract)

BP has a 10-5 rule so trade needs to be approved by his camp. And you need some good players, why would we trade Todd? He looks likes a star. Chapman they screwed themselves a lot with his trade  value by not putting him in rotation or trading after year he had last year. Bruce likely won't be moved as the return would not be worth it 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:16 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: BP has a 10-5 rule so trade needs to be approved by his camp. And you need some good players, why would we trade Todd? He looks likes a star. Chapman they screwed themselves a lot with his trade  value by not putting him in rotation or trading after year he had last year. Bruce likely won't be moved as the return would not be worth it 

Yep ! Only way they have a prayer of dealing Bruce is packaging him in a very sweet deal with say Cueto to a very needy team. And that's a slim chance at best.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:16 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: BP has a 10-5 rule so trade needs to be approved by his camp. And you need some good players, why would we trade Todd? He looks likes a star. Chapman they screwed themselves a lot with his trade  value by not putting him in rotation or trading after year he had last year. Bruce likely won't be moved as the return would not be worth it 

Frazier will be 30 at the beginning of next season.  This is when you trade him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
First round pick HS catcher. Being compared to Matt Weiters. Good pick if he goes pro instead of going to Georgia Tech.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: First round pick HS catcher. Being compared to Matt Weiters. Good pick if he goes pro instead of going to Georgia Tech.

He said he was ready to go pro and this was a dream come true, so I think that's a safe bet.

3.1 million bucks probably doesn't hurt either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 02:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He said he was ready to go pro and this was a dream come true, so I think that's a safe bet.

3.1 million bucks probably doesn't hurt either.

That pitcher at 49 sounds like a good prospect. 6-3 230, 95mph fast ball with a 12-6 curve in the 80s. Another HS kid that could go to college, hopefully he wants to go pro right away too.
Reply/Quote
So if they go to college are you just out? Why don't you retain your rights to them, or why aren't they made to declare for the draft?

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: First round pick HS catcher. Being compared to Matt Weiters. Good pick if he goes pro instead of going to Georgia Tech.

You called it! http://www.redreporter.com/2015/6/8/8749075/cincinnati-reds-draft-tyler-stephenson

[Image: 200.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 06:27 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: That pitcher at 49 sounds like a good prospect.  6-3 230, 95mph fast ball with a 12-6 curve in the 80s. Another HS kid that could go to college, hopefully he wants to go pro right away too.

The article I read on the 2nd and 3rd round picks was a bit confusing. It started out saying they were pitchers, but referred to them as position players in the rest of the article. So are they pitchers or are they going to be position players? I know one of them was a closer and they're looking at him as a starter. Not so sure on the other one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I read SS in round 3, OF in round 4 and RHP in round 5. 4 and 5 are both high schoolers. Positions can be kind of fluid with high school players. The first rounder was being scouted as a pitcher last year before switching to catcher and blowing up.
Reply/Quote
So... Who do you think will be traded by the deadline? What would you take on an over/under of 5 players being shipped out?

I say of course Cueto is gone. I can see Mes, Todd, Todd and Chapman being moved.

And I'll go with the under being three players being shipped (Cueto, Chapman and Todd).
Reply/Quote
Reds 2016 schedule was released. Due to a scheduling quirk, they will be playing the Phillies 81 times and the Brewers 81 times.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 03:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Reds 2016 schedule was released. Due to a scheduling quirk, they will be playing the Phillies 81 times and the Brewers 81 times.

And there is the justification for doing nothing. Castellini will say, "Look! We won X games proving what a great team we have and what a great job Price is doing. ."
Forget that over half the wins are against last place teams. .
Reply/Quote
Looking at tonight's batting order, #2,3&4 were in the starting lineup on opening day. Including the pitcher, 1/3 of the lineup weren't even on the major league team.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Looking at tonight's batting order, #2,3&4 were in the starting lineup on opening day.  Including the pitcher, 1/3 of the lineup weren't even on the major league team.

Louisville Bats vs. Chicago Cubs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Looking at tonight's batting order, #2,3&4 were in the starting lineup on opening day.  Including the pitcher, 1/3 of the lineup weren't even on the major league team.
The other 2/3 don't deserve to be on a major league team. Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote