Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 2015 season thread
Everybody raved about what a great job Cincinnati did with the All-Star Game....The fans were great and the ball park looked awesome.....In a 2015 season that has had darn little to cheer about, The Reds can be proud of the excellent way they held the 2015 All-Star Game. Great job Reds ThumbsUp
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The fire sale has been approved by the owner. Everyone is available except Frazier.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/19/the-fire-sale-is-in-full-swing-for-the-cincinnati-reds/
Reply/Quote
Too bad the Indians scored that last run. Seems like scoring 4 runs and having all 4 scored by bases loaded walk would have to be a record.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 09:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The fire sale has been approved by the owner. Everyone is available except Frazier.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/19/the-fire-sale-is-in-full-swing-for-the-cincinnati-reds/

Ugh...  How many days til the Bengals' first preseason game?  Late summer is horrible when your baseball team is out of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 09:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Too bad the Indians scored that last run.  Seems like scoring 4 runs and having all 4 scored by bases loaded walk would have to be a record.

I usually don't get to worked up while watching a baseball game (compared to football especially), but this one had me furious.... This team has lost any type of focus or drive it once had. It is seriously painful to watch. And I LOVE watching them play...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 10:45 PM)jason Wrote: Ugh...  How many days til the Bengals' first preseason game?  Late summer is horrible when your baseball team is out of it.

Hey at least we get to play spoiler from time to time.  Like last night for instance. Big Grin
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This team is abysmal.... Hoover who has been solid all year manages to blow the game. Just what we need, solid players messing up to compound upon the already sad play from everyone else. I cant watch this team anymore its just depressing.
Reply/Quote
Leake has looked good last few games and today. If not for that Pesty Schwarber guy - who looks to be a major thorn in our side so far - he would pitched a gem. Stil gets a quality start
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Not often you see a guy give up a 5 run lead the next inning. Nice job Tony.

Reply/Quote
And as much as I like him, Brayan Pena has 11 RBIs. I can't imagine wat his BA is with RISP.

Reply/Quote
Billy is a disaster. He's caused 6 outs in 4 at bats. Suicide squeeze and you whiff on a fastball down the middle?

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 12:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Billy is a disaster. He's caused 6 outs in 4 at bats.  Suicide squeeze and you whiff on a fastball down the middle?

This team is so terribad i can't believe i turned the game on for a while when i got home. Just in time to see Desclafani make the last out with a runner on 3rd and then turn around and serve up a big fat tater to the leadoff batter the next inning. 

That was the end of that for my "viewing pleasure". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
5 runs on 10 hits after 4 innings. The Reds are abusing this guy so when Bruce leads of the 5th with a hit what is the next logical move? Why have Pena bunt into a double play of course. Who makes these decisions?

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 10:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 5 runs on 10 hits after 4 innings. The Reds are abusing this guy so when Bruce leads of the 5th with a hit what is the next logical move?  Why have Pena bunt into a double play of course.  Who makes these decisions?

Dusty Jr.  Who else?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I am sorry but Pena is useless. Strikes out with 2 on and hits into a double play with 2 on. I think he is still at 11 RBIs. 11. You almost have to try to be that inefficient.

Reply/Quote
Not to keep harping on it, but Barnhart has 8 RBIs. Mez has 2. That's 21 from the catcher this year. I sure hope this kid they called up can hit if Mez is a no go at catcher.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully, that nice start by Leake will convince teams to give up some good players for him.

I'd like to see an outfielder or catcher who can hit for average, personally.

I know we have Winker and Wallach who are hitting decently in the minors, but more bats is never a problem.
Reply/Quote
I'm a Phillies fan. There's been a lot of talk about moving Cole Hamels. Just wondering if the Reds are a possible landing spot?

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 08:40 PM)Bryan Wrote: I'm a Phillies fan. There's been a lot of talk about moving Cole Hamels. Just wondering if the Reds are a possible landing spot?

No we be selling.

Reply/Quote
I'll keep it classy but I must say I'd like to see Molina and every Cardinals announcer ever drown in a vat of cold Skyline chili.

Just kidding.........
Reply/Quote