Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds June 2024 thread
Lets hope for a much better June.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gifted 4 runs in the top of the 2nd and give em all back in the bottom of the 2nd.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Regardless of the outcome they should never have started this game. It's still raining, both pitchers are having issues with a wet ball and Espinal almost killed himself running out of the batters box. It was already a 3 hour delay and on top of that the game tomorrow is at 2:20. Poor decision making all around.
Reply/Quote
And Sims likely lost the game.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 08:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lets hope for a much better June.

Getting above .500 is a best case scenario. 
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 10:04 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Getting above .500 is a best case scenario. 

If we do it'll be just above. Just like last season 82-80 or something? And like you say "best case" scenario 
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 11:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If we do it'll be just above. Just like last season 82-80 or something? And like you say "best case" scenario 

Playing above .500 ball has to be the starting point to turn the season around. Hopefully they can win more series than they lose. Other posters have been discussing how they are not out of wild card contention but who cares? Being in last place with a losing record negates caring about the wild card spot because it indicates a playoff appearance isn't likely.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 12:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Playing above .500 ball has to be the starting point to turn the season around. Hopefully they can win more series than they lose. Other posters have been discussing how they are not out of wild card contention but who cares? Being in last place with a losing record negates caring about the wild card spot because it indicates a playoff appearance isn't likely.

Oh yes, no doubt. I'm just saying without a massive change of direction - 180 - this is just not a playoff season for the Reds. 

I'm just hoping they get out of last place and at least make it somewhat fun in August. We've had enough seasons where it's totally over by All Star Break. 
Reply/Quote
EDLC is absolutely cratering.

.189/.285/.276 (.560 OPS) over his last 34 games and .127/.213/.164 (.377 OPS) with a 38.7 K% in the 14 games since the 4 hit/4sb game against the Dodgers.

He's leading MLB in Ks now (Benson is 2nd with a smaller sample size, so a higher %). The overwhelming majority of his production on the season is in a 15 game span from Apr 8th to Apr 24th... I am hoping that wasn't just Aquino 2.0

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I saw last night's stat line and we had like 10+ K's from the top half of the line up alone. 3 by Candyass alone. What a waste of money he has turned out to be. Moose 2.0

Looking forward to him gaining a bunch of weight off clubhouse free food, then getting paid $15 million per year to play for someone else on the Reds' dime.

This is the way.
Reply/Quote
Well here we are again. Up 4-0 on a guy who had 15 straight scoreless innings. Let's not give all back at once like last night.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 03:04 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I saw last night's stat line and we had like 10+ K's from the top half of the line up alone. 3 by Candyass alone. What a waste of money he has turned out to be. Moose 2.0

Looking forward to him gaining a bunch of weight off clubhouse free food, then getting paid $15 million per year to play for someone else on the Reds' dime.

This is the way.

And now he's 2 for 2 today.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 01:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: EDLC is absolutely cratering.

.189/.285/.276 (.560 OPS) over his last 34 games and .127/.213/.164 (.377 OPS) with a 38.7 K% in the 14 games since the 4 hit/4sb game against the Dodgers.

He's leading MLB in Ks now (Benson is 2nd with a smaller sample size, so a higher %). The overwhelming majority of his production on the season is in a 15 game span from Apr 8th to Apr 24th... I am hoping that wasn't just Aquino 2.0

I just came on here to post about Elly and Benson both trying to go for the record for a MLB season in strike outs. And Benson looks like total crap !! It's like he's taking a 3/4 swing or something??
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 01:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: EDLC is absolutely cratering.

EDLC is turning into the reincarnation of the Punisher.  Remember him, he couldn’t hit a curve ball, and when the league noticed that, he was done.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1*4dTLgfWHS9QLqwQM_T4muQ.png]

Thankfully we should still get this W, which means a series win against a divisional opponent.

EDIT: Yup, this one belongs to the Reds. Now to win a series against the Rockies and then win another series against the Cubs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Finally win a rubber match and take the series!
Reply/Quote
Aquino was already 25 by his first season. Elly is still super young at just 22. So that’s one reason for optimism that he can figure it out.

A new hitting coach would likely help.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 07:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Aquino was already 25 by his first season. Elly is still super young at just 22. So that’s one reason for optimism that he can figure it out.

A new hitting coach would likely help.

For sure

If nothing else at least kick this guy to the curb and try someone different.
Reply/Quote
Article about Reds:

"We can no longer tip-toe around the fact that Elly De La Cruz, for all his talent and perks, is having a horrendous time of it at the plate. In this series alone, he went 0 for 14 with 9 K, and his 83 strikeouts on the season are the most among any player in all of baseball.

He just completed a month of May where he homered only once and slugged a paltry .287 while posting a .585 OPS with 40 K in 27 games, and then he started out June going 0 for 10 with 6 K. Since April 25th - a full 35 game sample - he has just 2 homers, 6 ribbies, and a .540 OPS. That date is cherry-picked, to be fair, but it’s the day after he was moved up to the #2 spot in the lineup everyday, meaning that’s the kind of production that’s been anchoring this terrible overall team production for over a month.

Like, Billy Hamilton slugged .325 with a .623 OPS across his final four seasons in a Reds uniform. I can’t believe I’m saying it, but that iteration of Billy Hamilton would’ve been a major offensive upgrade over what Elly’s provided of late."
Reply/Quote
Elly making contact tonight. RBI double now.
Reply/Quote