Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds June 2024 thread
I'm still believing the Reds make the playoffs. Maybe we pick up a good player at the trade deadline. We have lost a lot of 1 run games that could have easily gone the other way. Our pitching keeps us in the game and the Reds need to hit more.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 03:45 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm still believing the Reds make the playoffs. Maybe we pick up a good player at the trade deadline. We have lost a lot of 1 run games that could have easily gone the other way. Our pitching keeps us in the game and the Reds need to hit more.

It pretty much has to be an outfielder or a DH. If they trade for an infielder, then there is no chance McLain comes back. 

Reds on the market if I'm GM
Benson
Fraley
Fairchild

Espinal is showing to be too good of an all around player to be offered in a deal. Good defense and rarely strikes out. I'm not saying that he's off of the list, I'm just not offering him up.

Not knowing enough about the minor leaguers this season to know who is off of the table for trades but they're going to lose somebody big-ish if they make a move.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2024, 11:06 PM)samhain Wrote: I like aggression on the base paths but it's getting absolutely stupid.  Like reckless and nonsensical.

For sure ThumbsUp

Being aggressive to a degree is a great thing. Running the base paths with reckless abandon is another. Bell doesn't seem to understand the difference. Nor do a lot of the players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds DFA Austin Wynns and call up Livan Soto.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/06/reds-designate-austin-wynns-for-assignment-2.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 03:45 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm still believing the Reds make the playoffs. Maybe we pick up a good player at the trade deadline. We have lost a lot of 1 run games that could have easily gone the other way. Our pitching keeps us in the game and the Reds need to hit more.

Have we ever done that? Honest question. I was trying to think about it and nobody came up off the top of my head. The closest I could think of was Sam Moll who has been good for us in a small sample size, but he had a career 4.13 ERA (and 4.54 ERA that year) when we traded for him. Couldn't think of a single hitter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pretty bad we have to use a challenge on the first batter of the game. Even worse it took so long on something so obvious.
Reply/Quote
The Reds are 16-9 in game one of a series
They are 11-14 in game two
They are 9-14 in game three going into today, Cleveland was only a two game series
They are 0-2 in game four.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
*yawn* . . . David Bell gets tossed.

It's been awhile since a bad defensive play by India. That might have been the longest stretch of his career of solid 'D'. Let's hope he's turned a corner.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
This team is toast already, what a sad, sad, sad team.
This team lacks character and talent. Another series loss coming up.

When is enough, enough?

Reincarnation of Marvin Lewis. Do we really have to wait 17 years before we pul the plug.
Reply/Quote
Too bad we can toss the management out with all the coaches, this team needs a restart
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 03:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: *yawn* . . . David Bell gets tossed.

Don't blame him. That particular pitch was a ball but there's been a couple pitches that caught the outside corner that Lodolo didn't get the call. Hell EDLC just took a pitch that was outside and called a strike. He probably gets tossed there if he didn't before.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 03:54 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Don't blame him. That particular pitch was a ball but there's been a couple pitches that caught the outside corner that Lodolo didn't get the call. Hell EDLC just took a pitch that was outside and called a strike. He probably gets tossed there if he didn't before.

Best thing about Bell getting tossed, is that someone, anyone else can manage 
this team.
Reply/Quote
I’m sick and tired of Barry and the announcing crew, giving credit to the opposition for everything they do instead of criticizing the Reds for not executing. Every pitcher they Reds face is the next Cy Young and the every batter we face is next coming of Babe Ruth.
Reply/Quote
Benson can’t even hit his weight, how many sub .200 batters do we need in the lineup. Back in the Big Red machine days, sub .200 would earn you permanent AAA until you snapped out of it. We have no talent to call up to replace those guys batting on the interstate. This franchise is a mess.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 04:04 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: I’m sick and tired of Barry and the announcing crew, giving credit to the opposition for everything they do instead of criticizing the Reds for not executing. Every pitcher they Reds face is the next Cy Young and the every batter we face is next coming of Babe Ruth.

Barry has improved A LOT and has really learned to let the game breathe, but, yeah. I totally get what you're saying. Guys got to the Major Leagues for a reason and eventually they'll show us why, but the praise of the opponent often seems more apologetic than informative.

The Cubs post-game love of Friedl a while back might have had a bit of that apologist style of broadcasting, but they were propping him up during the pre-game and during the game before his big hit. I got the impression that they were TJ Friedl fans coming into the game.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote

I'm not seeing it. They are last in the NL Central, have a losing record and have a losing record at home. 2.5 games away from a wild card spot doesn't leave me optimistic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 03:49 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: This team is toast already, what a sad, sad, sad team.
This team lacks character and talent. Another series loss coming up.  

When is enough, enough?

Reincarnation of Marvin Lewis.  Do we really have to wait 17 years before we pul the plug.

You act like they are 20 games under .500 and 15 games out of a playoff spot. In reality they are only 4 under and 2.5 out of a playoff spot which is hardly being "toast" already. You seem to forget we haven't seen McLain or Marte yet this season which have been big losses and being this close to .500 without them is actually impressive. Marte should be here by the end of the week.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 04:33 PM)cinci4life Wrote: You act like they are 20 games under .500 and 15 games out of a playoff spot. In reality they are only 4 under and 2.5 out of a playoff spot which is hardly being "toast" already. You seem to forget we haven't seen McLain or Marte yet this season which have been big losses and being this close to .500 without them is actually impressive. Marte should be here by the end of the week.

You must have drank the koolaid if you think this team can compete with anyone. 
Reply/Quote
I think that's a nail in the coffin on today's game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
6 playoff spots, and we are ahead of 2 teams in the standing. Which means, we have to jump over 6 teams to claim that final spot. Really, do you see that happening.
Reply/Quote