Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds June 2024 thread
India is absolutely on fire.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Weren't some of you saying Fairchild can't play CF?
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Benson might have woken up.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty good return for Marte.

Reply/Quote
Always love to see the WLBs get spanked.

Good return for Marte and a good game for EDLC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
What the hell has happened to Abbott 's command?! Six walks through 5 innings. Is he rooming with Hunter on away trips?! And while I'm happy with the win, I'm pessimistic they score more than 2 runs per game for the rest of the series. Like I said the last time..."Shoulda saved some of those runs for TOMORROW!" Let's hope that's not the case!

Big props to India for having a Red Hot month of June! Really picked himself off the canvas so to speak.
Reply/Quote
Just when you think Reds were picking up steam in early June and gonna start taking command of the WC, they've gone 6-9 since the Cubs series and 3.5 games out of the WC.

This will for sure be a July to watch, but the Reds need to make some headway back in the standings between now and the ASB to get people to believe they're contenders and potentially buyers by the trade deadline rather than treading water just under the WC the rest of the season like last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm really hoping the Reds break the unfortunate cycle they've been in for the last few weeks where they defeat a team in the first game and then lose the remaining games in the series.

It has happened in 3 of the last 4 series (Red Sox, 2nd Pirates series and Brewers).

Win tonight, secure a minimum of a series split and continue chugging along. Cuz we have dug ourselves a hole that we now need to get out of with these 4 straight losing series.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 09:13 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And he gets a hit!

And I hope he keeps getting more. You just can't afford to have a regular starter betting.190
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty good return for Marte.

Yup

I hope he keeps it up we need hits in a bad way.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2024, 01:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just when you think Reds were picking up steam in early June and gonna start taking command of the WC, they've gone 6-9 since the Cubs series and 3.5 games out of the WC.

This will for sure be a July to watch, but the Reds need to make some headway back in the standings between now and the ASB to get people to believe they're contenders and potentially buyers by the trade deadline rather than treading water just under the WC the rest of the season like last year.

And more good news they have 7 games vs. two of the worst team in MLB, the Marlins and Rockies before the break. And at home to boot. Make up some ground Reds
Reply/Quote
Fairchild has to call Elly off right there.

Reply/Quote
I’m so ***** sick of watching Will Benson.

Reply/Quote
That was just about the most predictable loss possible. How often have we seen teams put up 10+ runs on 15+ hits in a game and then the next game only score 0-1 runs? Still 2 more games and a 3-1 win in the series would be awfully nice.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yep. Shoulda saved some of those game 1 runs for the rest of the series! They'll score 2 today to make up for the 1 they didn't score last night.
Greene is pitching, right?
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2024, 05:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And more good news they have 7 games vs. two of the worst team in MLB, the Marlins and Rockies before the break. And at home to boot. Make up some ground Reds

Yea, but you got that wrong.  The Marlins and Rockies are licking their chops looking forward to playing the Reds.
Reply/Quote
80 games left, and the Reds will need 86 wins to make the playoffs. They need to play 16 games over .500 the rest of the way or at a .600 clip to get there.

If they don’t start putting some series winds together in the next week or so, they will need to win 2 out of every 3 games to make the playoffs. Thats impossible with a team that can’t win a series any more.
Reply/Quote
India sets a new franchise record with a double in 7 straight games.

Dude’s about to get hit with a drug test if he keeps this up.

Reply/Quote
So Spiers has me forgetting Ashcraft. Dude is looking very composed. I have a feeling that this is not going to be a fill-in position.

If Lodolo stays healthy for the rest of the season, a five man rotation of Greene, Lodolo, Abbott, Spiers and Montas is going to win a lot of games.

Watching Sims struggle in the 8th . . . he has no out pitch.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Holy shit! NINE runs in a game 3 of a series?! That can be done?! Well done men! Prove me wrong again tomorrow, please!!
Reply/Quote