Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds March/April 2024 Thread
Here we are, tomorrow is opening day. I was very excited about this season a few weeks ago. And all the injuries and crap have tempered that a little, but I'm still looking forward to this season. It would be really nice to actually be making some post season waves for a change.

Lets hope McClain and Friedl make it back sooner rather than later and Lodolo can get going soon and return to form. It all comes down to can this pitching staff hold up??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 08:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here we are, tomorrow is opening day. I was very excited about this season a few weeks ago. And all the injuries and crap have tempered that a little, but I'm still looking forward to this season. It would be really nice to actually be making some post season waves for a change.

Lets hope McClain and Friedl make it back sooner rather than later and Lodolo can get going soon and return to form. It all comes down to can this pitching staff hold up??

McLain had his shoulder surgery. No timetable has been mentioned but they are hopeful he'll be able to return sometime this season.

Matt McLain Undergoes Shoulder Surgery - MLB Trade Rumors
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 12:26 PM)cinci4life Wrote: McLain had his shoulder surgery. No timetable has been mentioned but they are hopeful he'll be able to return sometime this season.

Matt McLain Undergoes Shoulder Surgery - MLB Trade Rumors

My guess is he'll be available in September/October and for a playoff run, should we get that far.

This is a big blow, but luckily, we didn't trade India, so it should be okay.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 03:56 PM)CJD Wrote: My guess is he'll be available in September/October and for a playoff run, should we get that far.

This is a big blow, but luckily, we didn't trade India, so it should be okay.

Yep

I'm very happy they didn't trade India, now. And glad they picked up Canderlario.  We'd be up against it otherwise. And like vinyl said in another thread. It kinda raises the suspicion they had some inkling about this stuff.
Reply/Quote
I'm always excited about the start of the baseball season. It was my passion growing up and the one sport I played.

I'd love to see the Reds be relevant.
Reply/Quote
I hope the Reds get off to a good start this season. One year, the first pitch was a ball. I told my friend the season is over. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Martini with the first Reds homer of the year! Reds up 3-0!!!
Reply/Quote
Martini with another homer a 3 run shot!!!! Reds up 7-0!!! This offense is going to be scary good!
Reply/Quote
Reds win 8-2. Now we are in first place.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
What a game. Nick Martini may be one of those strange cases of a guy making the most of his shot, against all odds.

Montas looked like an ace out there, getting through 6 innings and 4 Ks while giving up just 4 hits, no walks, no runs in just 81 pitches.

Suter closing out with 2 IPs with 4 Ks of his own and no hits is incredible. What a signing!

Cruz and Steer looked good going back to back. Elly struck out twice, which isn't great, but he still got on base twice and scored 2 runs while stealing a base. A 2 for 3 day for Steer is also great, 2 RBIs and 2 Rs of his own.

I am bummed there's no baseball tomorrow, but can't wait to continue the series on Saturday!
Reply/Quote
My only gripe about the game is why Bell pulled Montas after just 81 pitches. If this is an indication of how he's going to handle the pitching, the pen is going to get worn out way too fast.
Reply/Quote
Brent Suter's post game interview was a gem.
Reply/Quote
For me Bally sports Ohio is now behind a pay wall and I just can't talk myself into paying, yet.

Anyways sweet to see an opening day win.
Reply/Quote
Watched it all on TV. From opening day parade to win. Very much enjoyed it.
Reply/Quote
Greene is really laboring in this game. He's kept the runs off the board (so far), but 97 pitches in the top of the 5th with 1 out and the bases loaded is absolutely brutal.
Reply/Quote
Wow these guys need to communicate. That's 3 dropped fly balls that should have been caught.
Reply/Quote
Diaz blows a 2 run lead in his first save attempt. Really think the first batter screwed him up. It was a 4 pitch walk with all pitches in the strike zone.
Reply/Quote
Beat themselves in this one.. Oh well.  The perfect season is over.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This loss today may come back to haunt in September. We had it in the bag. Now the first loss is out of the way.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Diaz has had a rough go of it since the AS break last season. That was brutal, Saturday. I hope he bounces back, but if not, we do have Pagan, who has closed games prior to being here.

I see Hunter Green still hasn't figured out how to pitch. No movement on his FB, trouble consistently hitting the SZ. 100 pitches through 4.2 innings, 4 walks. Same problems, new season. I know it's just his first game of the season, but his ST was the same. Gives me little reason to think otherwise.
Reply/Quote