Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
(05-24-2024, 11:23 AM)kevin Wrote: Reds lost in extra innings.  

Attendance was 16 thousand, so 49 thousand so far on this homestand.  Should be huge crowds Friday through Monday Memorial Day at GABP.  Reds could use it.

Hoping Reds start series tonight with a Win, and hone town fans get some Memorial weekend Wins.

GO REDS.

More fans aren't going to turn Cappel, Hurtubise, Ford, and Espinal into actual major league caliber players.
Reply/Quote
At least they're smart enough not to swing when the other pitcher couldn't throw a strike to save his life.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm giving the Reds a chance to turn things around. Still a long season.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
GRAND SLAM INDIA!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 08:46 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Well that was a short lived lead. A walk, poor coverage on bunt by Ashcroft, a bad throw by first baseman, a fly ball to center that should have been caught if we had some speed in center and fly ball that falls in right when right fielder slows up near the line. Only the Reds can do what the Rds do.

What do you think of our CF now?
Reply/Quote
Nice Win....Win 21.....Reds are 2-2 on this long Memorial Weekend Homestand

40 thousand fans. That makes 89 thousand so far on this homestand. To the dude that said more fans aren't going to make the Reds better, I'm not going to try to explain the importance of fans spending money at games in Cincinnati to you, and how that will help Reds in future.

Hunter Greene goes Saturday and a huge crowd at GABP is expected. Keep winning games on this Memorial Weekend in Cincinnati.

Nice Win tonight.....GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds own the Dodgers in game 1 of series. 2-0!

....Don't bother looking up the other games, 2-0 in game 1s!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 09:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: GRAND SLAM INDIA!!!!!!

It was nice

Problem is now he'll go back to hitting .198 for the next month
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds have announced that the start time for tomorrows game has been moved from 1:40 to 12:10 due to a very real threat of severe weather affecting the area in the afternoon.
Reply/Quote
Last night was the "get the Fans' hopes up that we have snapped out of this month long funk we've been in" game, which will be followed by the "last night was the exception, not the rule" game where we lose 5-1 tonight.
Reply/Quote
Damn, I didn't know Hunter has a 3.22 ERA currently. That's ToR stuff right there. It'd be real nice to get the kid a win tonight. Let's hope the bats come to play again tonight!
Reply/Quote
Steer heating back up. Another 1st inning homer!
Reply/Quote
And just like last night they're about to give that run and more right back.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2024, 07:20 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Damn, I didn't know Hunter has a 3.22 ERA currently. That's ToR stuff right there. It'd be real nice to get the kid a win tonight. Let's hope the bats come to play again tonight!

Just a hair outside. Puts him 35th in MLB, two spots ahead of our old friend Luis Castillo.

Walk rate is still worrying, but he's limiting hard contact and stranding runners, so pretty good year.

(05-25-2024, 08:33 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Steer heating back up. Another 1st inning homer!

Steer's bat waking back up sure helps.

Reply/Quote
Series losing streak snapped. Against the Dodgers, just like everyone predicted.

Reply/Quote
Well what do ya know 2 wins in a row and a series win over the Dodgers. Win 1 more it's called a winning streak. It has happened before.
Reply/Quote
42 thousand at GABP saw a nice Reds Win. That makes 131 thousand fans so far on this long holiday homestand. Win 22 on the season and 3-2 on this homestand.

Reds game is moved up Sunday to close to noon, due to bad weather forecast. Announcers question Indy 500 and Nascar weather for Sunday also.

I'm loving large holiday crowds at GABP getting to see Reds play great baseball.

National TV announcers said Reds before game put more work into bunting than any other MLB team. I like that. Bunting is a smart play, plus Reds have speed on base paths. I agree with Bell and coaches on that, Reds are a team that should lay down some bunts this season.

Reds have won series over LA Dodgers and try to get out The Broom Sunday for The Sweep. Fun for Holiday Reds Fans.

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Great game from Greene and I was getting very worried about him earlier in season. Just hoping he keeps it up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Suter starting today. This plan worked last week against the Dodgers. Hopefully the offense shows up.
Reply/Quote
Now that the Reds are up 4-0 they need to get through the top of the 5th quick. Weather is going to hell soon.
Reply/Quote