Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
I wish they could figure out a way to spark this offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bell needs to find a lineup and stick with it. Baseball players are creatures of habit and repetition. Don't mix it up everyday.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wish they could figure out a way to spark this offense.

The "spark" will be adding Gennett and Senzel.  At least I hope. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Why is Duke still on this team? Seriously, an ERA over 11.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:51 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Why is Duke still on this team?  Seriously, an ERA over 11.

Because David Bell is still learning his roster. I could be wrong but I think his hiring is a setback. It is really frustrating that he kept a small bench to keep this guy on the roster.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
I'm Happy. Reds win series over Atlanta. Get Win #10. 4 games under .500 and Reds have been playing good ball for 2 or 3 weeks after that 1-8 start. Plus Coach Taylor happy about Bengals draft pick which makes me happy. Bengals took first O Lineman in draft, and word is he can flat out block. He has no bad off field vices, all he does is eat, sleep and play football. So in Cincy the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligned with Mars this Thursday Night.

Oh yes, Iglesias has save #6 now. I can see Bell trying not to bring him into every game and blow his arm out my July 4th. He went to Duke but when Iglesias called on he got the save. Mostly good pitching tonight. Good win. I'm laughing because I picked up Iglesias in Fantasy after Reds 1-8 start, and now people want me to trade him, No Way. He's mine all season. Suarez starting to hit which is another Red that somebody dropped that I grabbed.

Hot Reds go to St Louis with Disco, Mahle, Gray. Saturday and Sunday are afternoon games and I like that after all the west coast night games. A little weekend afternoon baseball on TV.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The "spark" will be adding Gennett and Senzel.  At least I hope. 

I think, and I could be wrong that when Scooter returns we might see the end of Duke. They have to be careful though. I know everyone wants Senzel in the lineup, but with both Scooter and Senzel in it means someone else has to go and they can ill afford to play thin in the bullpen even if both Duke and Hughes have been train wrecks in the making. I'm fine with bringing in someone else, but the roster has to be intact and the bullpen can't just dump off pitchers willy nilly. Right now they have 7 in the pen. Bringing up Senzel and Scooter , cutting Duke and possibly Hughes cuts the pen down to 5...pretty darn thin unless they cut Schebler or Ervin or Farmer. Farmer and Ervin would be easy, but Schebler is under contract for 625k.. OK, I goofed and thought he was making a lot more...easy to drop and replace with the unknown big league abilities of Senzel who has only had a total of 201 plate appearances in the past two seasons and mystery injuries out the wazoo.. I'm not knocking the kid and I think he has a bright future, but he's got to stay healthy and serviceable and prove he can hit big league pitching. Right now he's hitting .250 in Louisville coming off his ankle injury so it's perfectly understandable why he's in Louisville instead of Cincinnati right now.
I don't want to see them have a paper thin bullpen and we know that at any time any player can get hurt and leave us with yet another Louisville express.. Another question is who would replace Duke and Hughes if they go that route? I don't want to see a 5 man bullpen when starters are routinely getting pulled after 5-6 innings. I'm interested in Kuhnel, but he's never face big league hitting.. I have a hunch he can do it. Whether the Reds braintrust agrees might be another story.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Gennett won't be back in May and June is in question. As they say down yonder, that's a fur piece. The good news is Dietrich
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Possible minor league pitchers doing well (Small sample sizes) who MIGHT find themselves in Cincinnati sometimes this season.. Kuhnel and Bass are both bullpen arms. Sims and Santillan are starters. I figure one of the four (or more) will eventually see the big leagues.
LV

Bass
IP 11
ERA 0.82
WHIP 0.73

Sims
IP 20.0
ERA 3.15
WHIP 1.30

Chat

Kuhnel
IP 12.1
ERA 2.19
WHIP 1.05

Santillan
IP 19.0
ERA 2.84
WHIP 1.63

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:59 AM)grampahol Wrote: I think, and I could be wrong that when Scooter returns we might see the end of Duke. They have to be careful though. I know everyone wants Senzel in the lineup, but with both Scooter and Senzel in it means someone else has to go and they can ill afford to play thin in the bullpen even if both Duke and Hughes have been train wrecks in the making. I'm fine with bringing in someone else, but the roster has to be intact and the bullpen can't just dump off pitchers willy nilly. Right now they have 7 in the pen. Bringing up Senzel and Scooter , cutting Duke and possibly Hughes cuts the pen down to 5...pretty darn thin unless they cut Schebler or Ervin or Farmer. Farmer and Ervin would be easy, but Schebler is under contract for 625k.. OK, I goofed and thought he was making a lot more...easy to drop and replace with the unknown big league abilities of Senzel who has only had a total of 201 plate appearances in the past two seasons and mystery injuries out the wazoo.. I'm not knocking the kid and I think he has a bright future, but he's got to stay healthy and serviceable and prove he can hit big league pitching. Right now he's hitting .250 in Louisville coming off his ankle injury so it's perfectly understandable why he's in Louisville instead of Cincinnati right now.
I don't want to see them have a paper thin bullpen and we know that at any time any player can get hurt and leave us with yet another Louisville express.. Another question is who would replace Duke and Hughes if they go that route? I don't want to see a 5 man bullpen when starters are routinely getting pulled after 5-6 innings. I'm interested in Kuhnel, but he's never face big league hitting.. I have a hunch he can do it. Whether the Reds braintrust agrees might be another story.

My God, I hope Duke is gone when Senzel is called up sooner rather than later.  Seriously.  Duke is a buzz kill.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 08:17 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: My God, I hope Duke is gone when Senzel is called up sooner rather than later.  Seriously.  Duke is a buzz kill.  

One might say his best days are behind him..In fact one might say the earth has completely circled the sun a few times since his best days..
I really didn't expect us to win the Atlanta series and didn't expect Castillo to pitch game 3, but he did.
I'm hoping Bell and the rest of the Reds "brain drain" don't just sit on the current roster too long. Changes need to be made, but they really don't need to be wholesale changes. One live bat and a live arm would do wonders.. I think although I have been known to be wrong.. (God, I hate saying that.. I'd much rather never be wrong.) Smirk

Reply/Quote
Freak out,,,,da dada da dada. Freak out.....

Hey Disco is back baby!

Red's pounding the Redbirds 12-1! hella ya.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Reds Win 12-1 in Game 1 at St Louis. Reds win 11th game. Now 3 games under .500

So of course, Win The Series. Saturday and Sunday are afternoon games.

Reds started 1-8, so they sure are trying to dig out of the hole and salvage the month of April. GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds are 1-11 against the Pirates, Brewers and Dodgers.
The Reds are 10-3 against the Padres, Marlins, Braves and Cardinals
Four games back of the first place Cardinals.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm hoping Bell and the rest of the Reds "brain drain" don't just sit on the current roster too long. Changes need to be made, but they really don't need to be wholesale changes. One live bat and a live arm would do wonders.. I think although I have been known to be wrong.. (God, I hate saying that.. I'd much rather never be wrong.) Smirk

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Outside of Duke and Schebler, I'm not too down on the rest. Not a big fan of Lorenzen but he could be long relief/spot starter, I just don't like him coming into a tough situation late in the game.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: One might say his best days are behind him..In fact one might say the earth has completely circled the sun a few times since his best days..
I really didn't expect us to win the Atlanta series and didn't expect Castillo to pitch game 3, but he did.
I'm hoping Bell and the rest of the Reds "brain drain" don't just sit on the current roster too long. Changes need to be made, but they really don't need to be wholesale changes. One live bat and a live arm would do wonders.. I think although I have been known to be wrong.. (God, I hate saying that.. I'd much rather never be wrong.) Smirk

Let's hope Senzel's call up isn't far off !
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 12:09 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Freak out,,,,da dada da dada.  Freak out.....

Hey Disco is back baby!

Red's pounding the Redbirds 12-1!  hella ya.

I was having serious doubts about Disco waiting for the shoe to drop big time on him, but apparently he's putting together a solid spring after a bit of getting roughed up.
Castillo started out the gate fantasically, but he's starting to run into troubles here and there. Might be a lack of concentration..I'm not sure

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was having serious doubts about Disco waiting for the shoe to drop big time on him, but apparently he's putting together a solid spring after a bit of getting roughed up.
Castillo started out the gate fantasically, but he's starting to run into troubles here and there. Might be a lack of concentration..I'm not sure

I hope the Reds spank the Cardinals again today
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope the Reds spank the Cardinals again today

A spanking they get over.. I want a real bruising with blood and gore and guts and veins in their teeth..  lol
IDK..maybe I'm going overboard a tad..  Smirk
Gonna go sit with the old man awhile to watch the game..
I think my dad is stuck in the 1940s and 50s with baseball still talking about Lou Bedreau and the Buffalo Bisons of his youth... Oh well.. Some memories are worth hanging onto..

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was having serious doubts about Disco waiting for the shoe to drop big time on him, but apparently he's putting together a solid spring after a bit of getting roughed up.

DeSclafani was 9-5 with a 3.28 ERA in 2016.

We are in real good shape if he can get back close to that form
Reply/Quote