R Peraza
L Votto
R Suarez
L Winker
R Puig
L Schebler
R Iglesias
S Barnhart

When I was a pitcher, I hated having to adjust to pitching to lefties. I had trouble picking my spot to throw to to get consistent and accurate. One team made a mistake and put lefties as their #3, #4 and #5 hitters, thinking it would throw me off. All it did was almost ensure that I walked the #3 batter through wildness, but for the next two batters, I had already adjusted and found my release point and mowed them down.

When a lineup is mixed up with the righties and lefties like Bell's lineup last night, it's harder to get a rhythm going.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
So Reds didn't get 15 wins in April. 15 x 6 months is 90 wins. After the 1-8 start the Reds came close with 12 wins.

April started bad, then the pitching became good. The hitting held them back. Some hitters are now starting to get hot. Most still have lousy season batting averages, but if you look at last 2 weeks, some a heating up. If this team can ever pitch and hit, they should win some games.

The team needs more out of Votto. If Votto can start hitting, the Reds get tough. He has to bat more .300 than .200

The pitching was good, especially the bullpen. Shortstop Iglesias was one of few Reds with good batting numbers. Castillo was the top starter and Closer Iglesias nailed down saves.

A very bad start to April, but they played over .500 ball after that. This team is coming together and gaining character. They are starting to play like a team. Many reasons to keep watching them going into May. This team could get hot as season rolls along.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote