Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
(04-27-2019, 03:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope the Reds spank the Cardinals again today

Cards starter (can't remember his name) has a ERA over 5 and a WHIP over 2.

We have a good shot at another win.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cards starter (can't remember his name) has a ERA over 5 and a WHIP over 2.

We have a good shot at another win.

I hope Reds provide Mahle with some support today.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds up 2-0 in 3rd! Hella ya
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Crap, Reds down 3-2 in 4th
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Following all these Bengals picks and Reds Game very little. I'm pretty sure Reds lost. They were losing late and game over. The Duke got shot down in this one, from little bit I saw. Ozuna took Mahle deep early also.

Get St Louis Sunday and win the series. Still going after Win 12 and 3 games under .500, which would be good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So Reds lose series in St Louis. I think they are still at 11 wins. Can they get win # 12 before April is over ? Considering 1-8 start to season, getting 12 wins wouldn't be bad.

A play that killed Reds was center fielder losing easy fly ball in the sun and it came down and hit him on his head and gave Cardinals the winning runs. That looks bad, but even with sunglasses on as he had, when you lose the ball in the sun, there isn't much you can do. That's not a mental error.

So I'm hoping they set a monthly goal of at least getting a dozen wins. That's a good goal at this point.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I rag on Schebler all of the time but when the ball is coming down directly in path of the sun, you can't do anything but guess where the ball is going to land. Hernandez' ERA got screwed on that deal.

It's disturbing how the Reds are so easily dominated at the plate by young pitchers. They can't get any type of rally going. It's almost always one hit, maybe two and the off to the next inning.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 06:40 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I rag on Schebler all of the time but when the ball is coming down directly in path of the sun, you can't do anything but guess where the ball is going to land. Hernandez' ERA got screwed on that deal.

It's disturbing how the Reds are so easily dominated at the plate by young pitchers. They can't get any type of rally going. It's almost always one hit, maybe two and the off to the next inning.

It's just baffling how anemic this offense has been so far ? The Reds have played 27 games and they've had no offense to speak of in like 20 or more of those games, it's just dumbfounding at this point ! Without the excellent pitching they've had they'd probably only have 3 or 4 wins.

Every time they put a couple decent innings of hitting together and you think the bats are coming to life they fall flat on their faces for the next four games. It seems Murphys law would kick in sometime and they'd actually make contact with the damn baseball.

Our starters have pitched way to good to have 0 wins, 1 win and so on.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's just baffling how anemic this offense has been so far ? The Reds have played 27 games and they've had no offense to speak of in like 20 or more of those games, it's just dumbfounding at this point ! Without the excellent pitching they've had they'd probably only have 3 or 4 wins.

Every time they put a couple decent innings of hitting together and you think the bats are coming to life they fall flat on their faces for the next four games. It seems Murphys law would kick in sometime and they'd actually make contact with the damn baseball.

Our starters have pitched way to good to have 0 wins, 1 win and so on.

I just don't get it.  Dead last in team batting average (.209).  Last year we were 5th in the NL (.254).
Reply/Quote
Well it was going good until Roark lost the ability to throw the ball over the plate in the 4th inning. 3 walks in the inning and a single loaded the bases and walked in a run on 4 pitches !
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 09:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well it was going good until Roark lost the ability to throw the ball over the plate in the 4th inning. 3 walks in the inning and a single loaded the bases and walked in a run on 4 pitches !

And they bring Peralta in and he does the same dam thing to tie the game. Just pitiful.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
So Peralta comes in and walk in a run on 4 pitches and never came close to strike zone.
Reply/Quote
I'm kinda surprised that call at 1st wasn't overturned. Last I checked a tie goes to the runner and it sure looked like Lorenzen got there at the same time as the ball.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I like that win. Mets Familia nailed Iglesias in 8th with a pitch and that was no accident. Up near the head, nowhere near the plate. He flat out threw it at him. Iglesias one of Reds better hitters was having a hot night, so instead of walking him, they just beaned him. When Winker hit home run in 9th there was extra jump in air high five to Iglesias by Winker. They showed that home run off to Mets rubbing it in their face. Then the pitcher Iglesias got the Win and in Reds celebration they pointed at Mets and Mets Fans. I like that win after seeing them bean a Red in New York.

That is Reds win #12 and Reds are salvaging April. They were 1-8 to start season. They have been playing over .500 ball since and have 12 wins. I don't mean they are over .500, but they have been winning more than losing since that 1-8 start.

Go Reds, Win the Series. It use to be that bean ball would go in the notebook and Mets would have one coming to them in the future. Not sure if they still do that. Reds got the last laugh tonight after that bean ball. There was a little EXTRA celebration and pointing at Mets in this Win. BEAT NY, GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 11:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I like that win. Mets Familia nailed Iglesias in 8th with a pitch and that was no accident. Up near the head, nowhere near the plate. He flat out threw it at him. Iglesias one of Reds better hitters was having a hot night, so instead of walking him, they just beaned him. When Winker hit home run in 9th there was extra jump in air high five to Iglesias by Winker. They showed that home run off to Mets rubbing it in their face. Then the pitcher Iglesias got the save and in Reds celebration they pointed at Mets and Mets Fans. I like that win after seeing them bean a Red in New York.

That is Reds win #12 and Reds are salvaging April. They were 1-8 to start season. They have been playing over .500 ball since and have 12 wins. I don't mean they are over .500, but they have been winning more than losing since that 1-8 start.

Go Reds, Win the Series. It use to be that bean ball would go in the notebook and Mets would have one coming to them in the future. Not sure if they still do that. Reds got the last laugh tonight after that bean ball. There was a little EXTRA celebration and pointing at Mets in this Win. This is their only trip to New York Mets and I will never own an I Love NY Shirt. BEAT NY, GO REDS.

That was Save # 7 for pitcher Iglesias. Just shows what he can do if pitching gives him save chances, unlike last few years. I need nicknames to separate the two Iglesias on team. Maybe Iggey Bopper and Iggey Stopper.
You’re right. I can see them being.500 for the year in a couple of weeks. They show emotion which means that even if the bats still aren’t there yet that they are fighting.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 10:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I'm kinda surprised that call at 1st wasn't overturned. Last I checked a tie goes to the runner and it sure looked like Lorenzen got there at the same time as the ball.

Nope..wasn't enough to overturn it. It was close, but not close enough. Good hussle by Lorenzen though.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The last few years we had a pitching staph, now we have a legitimate MLB pitching staff and I'm loving watching them pitch this year. I'm still blown away by Hernandez' bases loaded, no outs, three straight strikeouts in 11 pitches last week. That may have been the best pitching performance I have ever seen. I've seen guys come in and blow people away before . . . I've never seen a guy with a max of mid 90s fastball have so much dominance over three batters. I don't care if it was #7, #8 and then a pinch hitter, that was awesome.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 05:59 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The last few years we had a pitching staph, now we have a legitimate MLB pitching staff and I'm loving watching them pitch this year. I'm still blown away by Hernandez' bases loaded, no outs, three straight strikeouts in 11 pitches last week. That may have been the best pitching performance I have ever seen. I've seen guys come in and blow people away before . . . I've never seen a guy with a max of mid 90s fastball have so much dominance over three batters. I don't care if it was #7, #8 and then a pinch hitter, that was awesome.

And Iglesias has struck out the side in the 9th how many times now 3 ? 4 ? over the past couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
Wow. Last night was a HUGE win.

We have been horrid on the road, and if we had started this series with a loss by blowing a 4 run lead things could go downhill fast.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 09:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And Iglesias has struck out the side in the 9th how many times now 3 ? 4 ? over the past couple weeks.

Yeah, he's hard to figure out. Somewhere around game 100 last year, he became mortal for awhile, then he gets hot in stretches and looks unhittable. But all it takes is one questionable call from an ump and when I see him snap his glove at the ball in disgust when the catcher throws it back to him, I already know "Here comes the meltdown". I often call his blown saves in texts to a friend of mine that's a Cubs fan, "Iglesias is going to blow this, I can already see it. He's rattled".

From what little I've seen of Cuban players, they all appear to be very emotional and Iglesias is no exception.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote