https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The team batting average went up!
Reply/Quote
Reds win 17-9!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 04:11 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds win 17-9!!!
It's safe to say the Reds bats woke up in this one. 

Now win the series. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Rockies knock Mahle around in 1st inning helped along by some sloppy defense ! 4-0
Reply/Quote
Rockies scored 4 in the 1st yesterday and they just did the same today all unearned because of a Suarez error and without Blackmon or Arrenado in the starting lineup.
Reply/Quote
This is going to end up like last night's game. Reds answer with 4 so far in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 04:57 PM)cinci4life Wrote: This is going to end up like last night's game. Reds answer with 4 so far in the 2nd.

Yep, Rockies throw their hat in the sloppy defense ring 4-4
Reply/Quote
Seems they need to work on their defense. Reds take a 5-4 lead in the top of 5 only to give up 6 in the bottom of 5 mostly Mahle's doing but the defense sure not helping matters.
Reply/Quote
Wow this really is like last night. Reds with 4 so far in the 6th only down 1 at 10-9.
Reply/Quote
Winker might have pulled an oblique muscle while batting and was taken out during said AB.
Reply/Quote
Anyone still in the mood to defend Bell's use of the bullpen? About the only thing I might be inclined to defend Bell against is maybe some accusation of involvement in some child sex slave ring and even that's kind of pushing it at this point..  He's absolutely clueless. I'd be in favor of dumping Bell tomorrow and hiring Larkin as a first time manager.. I doubt he could do any worse and might actually sell a few tickets.
I'm beginning to wonder what it would take to get Bell fired.. Taking a crap on Castillini's desk perhaps? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 06:29 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Winker might have pulled an oblique muscle while batting and was taken out during said AB.

If it is, that’s 4-6 weeks. Might have to call up another OF.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 09:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: Anyone still in the mood to defend Bell's use of the bullpen? About the only thing I might be inclined to defend Bell against is maybe some accusation of involvement in some child sex slave ring and even that's kind of pushing it at this point..  He's absolutely clueless. I'd be in favor of dumping Bell tomorrow and hiring Larkin as a first time manager.. I doubt he could do any worse and might actually sell a few tickets.
I'm beginning to wonder what it would take to get Bell fired.. Taking a crap on Castillini's desk perhaps? 

Three plus years of Price, almost a full season of Riggleman, who I would accept right now, just to get us to David Bell? I would try to entice Scioscia out of retirement. The Angels have been my #2 team for years and I never once yelled at the TV when he made decisions.

The reason that I can buy a ticket to a Reds game in Great American Ballpark today is because I live in Alaska. If I lived within a few hundred miles of Cincinnati, I wouldn't be allowed in.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
So Reds bats woke up, but they lost the series 1-2. The hard loss was the game Gray pitched great in and after All-Star Break they wanted to see if Hernandez could bounce back to form. That may have been more of a Lorenzen 8th and Iglesias 9th game. Still, I'm not calling for Bell to be fired. I see the improvement of this team over last years team, manager and coaches. This Bell of Gus Bell and Buddy Bell Family is well worth giving him some seasons to develop this team and I like his coaching staff. Reds have THE BEST pitching coach they have had in decades.

So now the Cubs who Reds have owned in 2019. Reds have All-Star Castillo on the mound today.

Reds are still very much in this thing as they were before All-Star Break. In the last 4 or 5 years, no Reds teams has been close to 1st place or .500 ball going into July 15th. This is the best Reds ball team since back when they had Cueto, Leake, Chapman, Dusty. The Reds really went into the toilet the last 3 or 4 years, and I don't know how some of you continued to watch them. I'm back to watching them because it is a better ball team, far better than the garbage they were running out there. People made a big deal of Votto's big year in 2017, not me because the TEAM was awful. This TEAM is better.

GO REDS, keep beating Cubs.

Oh yeah, I see some on this Bengals site want to fire the Bengals head coach and he hasn't even coached his first game. This shows the word Fan is from the word Fanatic. There is no reason to fire Reds manager at mid season after only here a half a year, especially since team is better than before he came in. There is also no reason to talk of firing Bengals head coach who hasn't even coached a game yet. Fan is indeed short for Fanatic.

I'll add the Reds have not had a healthy Gennett yet, or Wood and they miss injured Garrett. Still, the Reds have enough in Castillo, Gray and others to be a good solid ball team from July 15th to end of season. I'm not saying play-offs, which would be great. I'm saying a good solid ball team, which is something Cincy baseball hasn't had in many years. If some of the injured return and play well, the Reds will be even better. I'm still against Reds selling off good healthy players at deadline as they have last 5 or 6 years, especially since these injured players you can't really count on this year. Plus Reds seldom get much in these deadline sell offs, the other teams benefit but not the Reds. Trading good major league players for guys struggling in the minors has not worked out that hot for Reds last 5 or 6 years.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think this team is playing hard for Bell; something I did not see under price or Riggleman. They do need some bull pen help. They are not a complete team yet. Bats are coming alive so now the pitching has to be there too. I would like for them to go over .500 soon enough.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Oh My, bases loaded for Puig in top 3rd against the Cubbies.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
well, that was anticlimactic. Nervous
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Sounds like Winker dodged a bullet and will be fine.
Reply/Quote
Castillo gets out of a huge bases loaded 1 out jam with 2 straight strikeouts to keep it a 1 run game and then Casali hits a first pitch homer to tie it!
Reply/Quote